• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 26, 2017 (Jun 26 - Jul 02)

duckroll

Minna no Golf was a million plus franchise back when it was the main attractive minigolf game on any system. Then the fanbase got more and more diluted as people found more convenient outlets for the same thing on PC and mobile. Now the franchise is finally on mobile.... about 6-7 years too late, and in Japanese only. I think it's lucky to not be completely laughed out of the market as it is.

Ōkami

Xbox-one-S-blogpost_w855.jpg
Microsoft is countering Splatoon 2 and Dragon Quest XI with a new price drop.

Its just 2000 yen less.

Ōkami;243216046 said:
Microsoft is countering Splatoon 2 and Dragon Quest XI with a new price drop.

Its just 2000 yen less.

I wonder if it will sell enough to cover the costs of making and posting that picture on their website.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
According the blog leak, it seems GundamVersus is ~120k.
Omega Labyrinth Z, I think, it's ~20k.

The Extreme Vs. sub-franchise should be the best comparison, correct?

Famitsu

PS3 Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. 345.053 514.723 Bandai Namco 12/1/2011
PS3 Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. Full Boost 266.297 385.609 Bandai Namco 1/30/2014
PSV Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs-Force 69.985 158.357 Bandai Namco 12/23/2015
PS3 Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. [PlayStation 3 the Best] 2.849 40.437 Bandai Namco 12/13/2012

Correct me if I'm wrong. If that's the case...it seems quite on the low side (at least for retail)

As for Omega Labyrinth

PSV Omega Labyrinth 24.894 33.747 D3 Publisher 11/19/2015

Seems in line

Anything about Switch sales for last week?

sinonobu

Banned
According the blog leak, it seems GundamVersus is ~120k.
Omega Labyrinth Z, I think, it's ~20k.

With seemingly negative feedbacks I don't see it having legs...

I guess Bamco deserved this not realizing their mistake after atrocious Gundam Extreme VS Force.

duckroll

Gundam Versus is 10 bucks cheaper on PSN than it is at "retail". (Until Aug 2)

But Gundam Versus is 20 bucks cheaper on Amazon Japan than it is at "retail". (Until it drops further)

Lol.

casiopao

When even Tales team is able to learn from Xillia 2 and Zestria huge mistake with Berseria, while Gundam vs team is continuing the same mistake like how Zeon keep doing rebellion lol.

sinonobu

Banned
When even Tales team is able to learn from Xillia 2 and Zestria huge mistake with Berseria, while Gundam vs team is continuing the same mistake like how Zeon keep doing rebellion lol.

Tales team didn't learn anything. It's the departure of Baba that made their games better.

Takao

Banned
What is happening with Gundam Vs. ? I thought the games were super popular.

The PS2, PSP and PS3 games that all sold big numbers were arcade game ports. From Extreme Vs. Force onwards, Bandai Namco decided to make home platform specific titles to protect the arcade market. The result has been two games that have failed to meet the expectations of fans coming from the finely tuned, content rich arcade experience.

EXF could be forgiven as a low budget (announcement to release within 3 months) game made by an inexperienced and poorly suited external studio (Lancarse). The PS4 game? Well, it had a long promotional cycle, was developed internally and was meant to be the first big piece of the console reboot Vs. I think it's safe to say Versus as a home brand is now damaged in Japan. Have to wonder what BN will do now.

What I'm saying is, good luck to Sega if they try to sell another Project Diva after Future Tone.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Lmao

I know he's supposed to be a piece of shit but I always forget why
I think he's one of those guys that's pro burying Chinese people alive, but I could be misremembering.

Minna no Golf was a million plus franchise back when it was the main attractive minigolf game on any system. Then the fanbase got more and more diluted as people found more convenient outlets for the same thing on PC and mobile. Now the franchise is finally on mobile.... about 6-7 years too late, and in Japanese only. I think it's lucky to not be completely laughed out of the market as it is.
Mobile in Japan has been surprisingly great for legacy franchises showing up a gazillion years late to the party.

That said, the primary spenders are in their 30s and 40s, so it fits with the demographic that would have played Hot Shots in its prime.

Yu-Gi-Oh similarly managed to succeed on its newest mobile reboot featuring the original cast, and even Digimon did really well when it first came out, but I'm guessing the game must have been terrible given how it tanked later.

VariantX

Some posters in this thread come across as shareholders of Capcom. Let them doom themselves if it is what they want. Just enjoy the ride.

I just find it weird to see so many people giving their opinion on what a company should and shouldn't do.

Have you not frequented any SFV or MVC:I threads? This is tame compared to those.

L~A

Media Create:

Switch 26,256
PS4 22,704
New3DS LL 11,849
PS4 Pro 7,067
Vita 4,572
2DS 2,196
New3DS 845
Wii U 164
PS3 148
Xbox One 72

Gundam indeed at 121k
So much for sub-20k Switch ;) But surprised PS4 didn't rise more.

Top Bottom