• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 34, 2013 (Aug 19 - Aug 25)

Kikujiro

So Jojo is the new One Piece Musou which was the new Hokuto Musou.

What's with Namco and their disappointing anime games. They have potential but always fall short.

The games are not great per se, and they try really hard to displease their fans by releasing games with poor contents so they can sell more things through DLCs.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder what kind of games they have up their sleeves for the japanese audience if they release in december. So far it has been extremely western focused

9/9 should be an exciting day

Haines

Banned
So W101 has bombed hard, and will clearly not sell any copies...

What could a company like Nintendo do when put in a position like this? Is it smart to just move on and look forward or should they do something like an emergency half off EShop sale? Im just asking out of being curious. It seems ridiculous to just leave it for dead.

So W101 has bombed hard, and will clearly not sell any copies...

What could a company like Nintendo do when put in a position like this? Is it smart to just move on and look forward or should they do something like an emergency half off EShop sale? Im just asking out of being curious. It seems ridiculous to just leave it for dead.

This is how niche Nintendo Wii games sold, nothing new. They will just move on, there's no amount of marketing/promotions that could save it.

Kid Ying

Still, it was really strange to me that it all ended like this. We had other cases of games bombing on the Wiiu, but i wasn't expecting W101 to turn like this never. There was marketing, ads, Nintendo even started a little earlier compared to Lego. There was a direct, it was a japanese game... You might even say that the genre could be mismatched on the Wiiu, but at least aesthetically it was in line with the kind of mascot games that Nintendo sells.

I really don't know what happened here. Never expected it to be a huuuge seller, but to bomb like there was no tomorrow was a surprise. I guess Nintendo didn't market it well. There's lots of people that i know that don't have a clue about what is the game, there was people saying it looked like Pikmin, the ads existed, but told nothing about it...

Well, time to move on. It's on it's second week already. Will we see it on famitsu or only on dengeki? Only time will tell.

Bounce back to what?
dunno something above 10k at least in the weeks where the mentioned titles are out and on christmas week

Says who? I thought Sony were going announce the date on 9/9.

i thought it was confirmed. looks like i was wrong
Still, it was really strange to me that it all ended like this. We had other cases of games bombing on the Wiiu, but i wasn't expecting W101 to turn like this never. There was marketing, ads, Nintendo even started a little earlier compared to Lego. There was a direct, it was a japanese game... You might even say that the genre could be mismatched on the Wiiu, but at least aesthetically it was in line with the kind of mascot games that Nintendo sells.

I really don't know what happened here. Never expected it to be a huuuge seller, but to bomb like there was no tomorrow was a surprise. I guess Nintendo didn't market it well. There's lots of people that i know that don't have a clue about what is the game, there was people saying it looked like Pikmin, the ads existed, but told nothing about it...

Well, time to move on. It's on it's second week already. Will we see it on famitsu or only on dengeki? Only time will tell.
whats the genre though? there is nothing similar to it. i would say its a mix of pikmin and bayonetta type games

Frodo

Game is confusing. The concept of having 100 heroes on the screen at the same time is confusing to some people. You can't tell what is going on just by looking at it. The demo was great, I loved it, but I know I'm not most people, and people probably didn't get the gist of the game by playing it. Amonst all different opinions on the TW101 Demo Thread there were lots of people that were turned off by it. It is not an inviting game that you can just grab and play with no care in the world (unless you are playing on very easy, which I doubt most people did). You need dedication and you need to invest your time on it to really get the most of it.

So all in all we have: A game that is hard to market and hard to play. A console with a small user base that is not buying any games. Not enough/not appropriate market effort (meaning Nintendo might have marketed it but in a not efficient way). It was never going to be a hit. Though I still find it surprising it bombed so hard, specially because it is one of the best games released this year and one of the best action games ever, in my opinion.

Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)

[PS3] JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle (Namco Bandai, 08/29/13) – 425,718 (New)
[PS3] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (Square Enix, 08/27/13) – 184,018 (New)
[PSV] Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (GungHo Online Entertainment, 08/29/13) – 31,622 (New)
[PS3] Lost Planet 3 (Capcom, 08/29/13) – 27,503 (New)
[3DS] Disney Magic Castle: My Happy Life (Namco Bandai, 08/01/13) – 17,061 (244,570)
[3DS] Mario & Luigi: Dream Team (Nintendo, 07/18/13) – 16,723 (281,700)
[3DS] Tomodachi Collection: New Life (Nintendo, 04/18/13) – (1,409,182)
[PSP] Saki: Achiga-Hen Portable (Alchemist, 08/29/13) – 13,806 (New)
[3DS] Yokai Watch (Level-5, 07/11/13) – 10,895 (154,691)
[3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo, 11/08/12) – 8,702 (3,395,088)
[PS3] Super Robot Wars OG Saga Masou Kishin III: Pride of Justice (Namco Bandai, 08/22/13) – 7,822 (47,077)
[3DS] Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon (Nintendo, 03/20/13) – 6,854 (885,238)
[PSV] Conception II (Spike Chunsoft, 08/22/13) – 5,558 (24,436)
[3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo, 12/01/11) – 5,314 (2,111,835)
[3DS] Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Nintendo, 06/13/13) – 4,546 (263,003)
[Wii U] Pikmin 3 (Nintendo, 07/11/13) – 4,364 (175,765)
[3DS] One Piece: Romance Dawn (Namco Bandai, 08/08/13) – 4,265 (51,476)
[Wii] Taiko Drum Master Wii Super Wonderful Edition (Namco Bandai, 11/29/12) – 4,209 (553,574)
[3DS] Fantasy Life Link! (Level-5, 07/25/13) – 4,201 (53,075)
[3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo, 07/28/12) – 4,170 (2,087,158)

Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)

3DS LL – 49,149 (35,044)
PlayStation 3 – 20,090 (12,689)
3DS – 17,873 (16,053)
PlayStation Vita – 8,405 (11,507)
Wii U – 6,741 (7,030)
PSP – 6,218 (5,735)
Wii – 1,141 (1,103)
Xbox 360 – 177 (196)
http://gematsu.com/2013/09/media-create-sales-82613-9113

Results are out!

PSV below 10k ;_;

Top Bottom