• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 35, 2014 (Aug 25 - Aug 31)

Imouto

Banned
Maybe RER2 is really coming to Vita guys, omg.

Hah. That's the good one. Next you are going to tell me Alien is coming to us.

You said the launch games has high attach rates so i said Dead rising 3 has a good attach rate and i don't think the studios expect big number

But I said nothing.
And if studio didn't expect big number, why would they bother making game for the platform?

Hints are pointing a Basara game, but it's not confirmed yet. So could be another game.
About the U thing, people just assumed that if was a PS format announcement, we should've known in the Sony's conference. So that's why some people said Basara U. (Still I think they weren't serious).

I could see Nintendo possibly funding a basara game, aren't their apparently 3 more third party exclusives Nintendo have funded (according to the guy who hinted at devil's third)

wrowa

I'm confident that Capcom had no expectations whatsoever for the Japanese sales numbers of Dead Rising 3. That the Xbox One won't play a role in Japan and would likely sell worse than the Xbox 360 isn't a surprise, but something everyone in the business has known for a very long time. This is a game that is purely focused on the western markets.

I could see Nintendo possibly funding a basara game, aren't their apparently 3 more third party exclusives Nintendo have funded (according to the guy who hinted at devil's third)

Depends on whether or not you think the guy is trustworthy in the first place. A lot people said that Devil's Third will be a Wii U exclusive - most of them jokingly, though. :p

zeromcd73

It's more likely to be a PS3-only Basara, imo.
LOL.

Do you really think any company is going to release a fairly big last gen only exclusive next ye...
256px-Tales_of_Zestiria_logo.png

... :(

small44

Hah. That's the good one. Next you are going to tell me Alien is coming to us.

But I said nothing.
And if studio didn't expect big number, why would they bother making game for the platform?

Oh sorry it was not you who said that it was another member
If it is profitable it dosn't matter how it sell,with a small install base it's imposible to Dead rising to have as strong launch then DR1 and DR2

I'm confident that Capcom had no expectations whatsoever for the Japanese sales numbers of Dead Rising 3. That the Xbox One won't play a role in Japan and would likely sell worse than the Xbox 360 isn't a surprise, but something everyone in the business has known for a very long time. This is a game that is purely focused on the western markets.

Depends on whether or not you think the guy is trustworthy in the first place. A lot people said that Devil's Third will be a Wii U exclusive - most of them jokingly, though. :p

Yeah it wasn't the most difficult guess to make but it's another fair bet Nintendo is funding more exclusives as otherwise there'll be almost no games

Thorgal

LOL.

Do you really think any company is going to release a fairly big last gen only exclusive next ye...
256px-Tales_of_Zestiria_logo.png

... :(

You might want to hold on to that assumption until after TGS is over .

Just a month ago another game (Whether it is big is arguable ) Was considered Old gen only .

Persona 5 .

crinale

Bravely Default FTS Ultimate Hits back in stock at Yodobashi and Amazon.

Get those shipments SE! They are doing everything right with this franchise. I'm expecting big numbers for Bravely Second. :)

It's been like that since launch.

It has been up at all online retail stores until like 20:00 JST, then all the sudden all stores have taken it down, starting from Amazon.
Maybe server was too fed up so SE stopped shipment (IIRC they did say about it before release).

hiska-kun

I haven't seen any copy available for Dragon Quest X for 3DS since launch. And I visited a quite amount of shops and different locations.
I don't know what's happening, but shouldn't be that difficult to print download codes.
So something is behind, indeed.

duckroll

I haven't seen any copy available for Dragon Quest X for 3DS since launch. And I visited a quite amount of shops and different locations.
I don't know what's happening, but shouldn't be that difficult to print download codes.
So something is behind, indeed.

Maybe they're holding off from doing a large new shipment until they can get some of the technical issues resolved? Especially for server load, etc.

You might want to hold on to that assumption until after TGS is over .

Just a month ago another game (Whether it is big is arguable ) Was considered Old gen only .

Persona 5 .

If those games were coming to PS4, Sony would've gotten them on the press conference.

zeromcd73

If those games were coming to PS4, Sony would've gotten them on the press conference.
I'm still holding out hope for TGS. Since they said they wanted to increase the series' western fanbase, it doesn't make much sense launching it exclusively on dead hardware with PS4 being in its second or even start of the third year by the time it is released in the west.

hiska-kun

I'm reading somewhere PS4 sales x3 this week.

Are you ready?

Edit: meh, is this blog teasing us again. Could be what I said, or also One sales (30.000??)
Also could be Gaist God selling three times more.
Or could mean nothing.
I don't know

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Hints are pointing a Basara game, but it's not confirmed yet. So could be another game.
About the U thing, people just assumed that if was a PS format announcement, we should've known in the Sony's conference. So that's why some people said Basara U. (Still I think they weren't serious).

So just a made up assumption..I would be very surprised by any pure third party U game

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
I'm still holding out hope for TGS. Since they said they wanted to increase the series' western fanbase, it doesn't make much sense launching it exclusively on dead hardware with PS4 being in its second or even start of the third year by the time it is released in the west.

I feel that with most publishers this would hold true, but that Namco Bandai is pretty conservative.

Like to me with Sega owning Atlus, a PS4 port was very likely because they port their titles around very frequently, including incredibly old ones like Genesis games and Dreamcast titles, and are willing to take the workload internally if need be as we saw with titles like Bayonetta.

With Namco we still see relatively reserved actions. They didn't even work to pick up the slack on something like Dark Souls 2 which has the vast majority of its fanbase in the West. They also have zero released PS4 games so far.

Thorgal

Also just because they weren't at The Sony conference doesn't necessarily mean it won't happen .
Namco Might have wanted to announce it themselves .

Either way i am not going to assume yet whether or not it is going to happen .

Are you ready?

Compared to last week ?

That would mean 18k + sales .

Road

So, 3DS DQX beta is over. Time to analyze the feedback, improve the experience and prepare for the official release.

If Bandai Namco were going to release Zestiria simultaneously on PS3/4, they would have said it last week.

Now, if they are going to release Zestiria on the PS4, it is going to be later, like fall 2015, and they are not going to tell people "there's a better version coming out so skip the PS3 release". They'll only reveal it much closer to release.

Are you ready?

SCEJA conference power.

I see that and there is a hint that sales of something tripled, but what?

You edited. =P

L~A

Ah, you're right.

http://blog.hokanko-alt.com/archives/40737919.html
I wasn't paying attention properly. The Dragon Quest X "reviews" on the 3DS eShop were taken down, not the game itself which was never on it >.>

Doesn't make any sense... DQX is one of the September games for the 3DS XL promotion... and you can only get those games via the Nintendo eShop. So I guess only people with the DL code from the promotion can download DQX?

Mory Dunz

Yeah...tripling in sales for the PS4 or Wii U would only happen if a remodel or a huge system seller came out. (Or Christmas)

a ~10K bump sounds small, but when it's a ~200% increase, only something big could cause it.

Sad times.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Ps4 sales being affected, and so positively, by the conf with multiplatform releases, would be great for ps4/sony/console market!

extralite

Doesn't make any sense... DQX is one of the September games for the 3DS promotion... and you can only get those games via the Nintendo eShop. So I guess only people with the DL code from the promotion can download DQX?

You cannot buy the game from the eShop. But you can download it with a DL code. And rate any 3DS game you own on eShop, regardless if it's a download or retail version.

Ps4 sales being affected, and so positively, by the conf with multiplatform releases, would be great for ps4/sony/console market!

Sales might be affected if and only if they started advertising the conference and its games in stores, which I doubt happened.

duckroll

Doesn't make any sense... DQX is one of the September games for the 3DS XL promotion... and you can only get those games via the Nintendo eShop. So I guess only people with the DL code from the promotion can download DQX?

The retail DQX is just a download code. There's no cart. But the game isn't available for sale on the eShop.

hiska-kun

Sales might be affected if and only if they started advertising the conference and its games in stores, which I doubt happened.

Bloodborne adverts started just when the conference was over, the same day, on monday.

A few days later, brochures with the new games also were available in shops. Just check my last photo i posted:

E936DFBD-A29F-4301-9C9D-ADA2AE357599_zpsy3v1tx3y.jpg

That's the TGS entry, and behind you can se the PS4's brochure. Dragon Quest Heroes and all the other games are inside. The shops have this brochure in the stands. You can take it for free.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
IIRC, the last time the blog gave something resembling a hint (it was the Hyrule Warriors week), it ended up being nothing at all. So, better be careful.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
No, he edited just a moment before and the number match with Media Create lol

...Ok, then, we need to watch carefully what's going to happen then, lol.

So, something saw 3x sales compared to last week, did the blog state?

Takao

Banned
has someone on 2ch made an xbox one sales thread that cited an article from 2002
they wouldn't be lying

Toemon

Banned
A 2ch thread with only one post ( aka nobody even responded to it ), and citing a 2005 article of the 360 launch.

Troll/joke thread.

That's why I posted it here to get a thorough translation. I figured it was fishy but I wanted to see what the rest of the words around the 25 meant.

That's why I posted it here to get a thorough translation. I figured it was fishy but I wanted to see what the rest of the words around the 25 meant.

Title said 'XB1 sold 250k, blahblahblah' ( a lie, basically, to draw attention to the thread)

First post (OP) cites a 2005 Famitsu article from way back of the 360 launch.

Only one post in the thread, which means no one but the thread creator even posted in it.

This thread has been stored in the past log warehouse = archive of the thread.

sörine

Banned
I would also say Namco has a good history of mismanaging Tales. Especially when it comes to western sales.
Skipping PSP in Japan and GC/Wii in the west for mainline entries seems to be their biggest mistakes. PSP especially I think could've made a strong transition point for moving the core series in step with the rest of the industry.

Top Bottom