• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create Sales: Week 49, 2012 (Dec 03 - Dec 09)

Bruno MB

[WIU] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate <ACT> (Capcom) (¥4.800)

[WIU] Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition <FTG> (Bandai Namco Games) (¥6.980)

[WIU] Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥7.140)
[WIU] Warriors Orochi 3: Hyper <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥7.140)
[WIU] Romance of the Three Kingdoms 12 <SLG> (Koei Tecmo) (¥9.240)
[WIU] Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage 2 <ACT> (Koei Tecmo) (¥8.190)

[WIU] Simple Series for Wii U Vol.1: The Family Party <ETC> (D3 Publisher) (¥2.940)

Is this the complete list of Japanese third-party Wii U games for the first 2 months?

Any other announced title without release date? I only remember Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online and Tank! Tank! Tank!

mclem

It's high time NCL got the VC service up to scratch too. Use it to plug the holes. Bayonetta on the eShop while I wait for Bayonetta 2 will be good start.

If that were to happen, I'd buy it like a shot!

After 11pm

Culex

Banned
Here's a fun bit of trivia for the end of 2012:

PSP has outsold Vita in Japan 36 out of the 52 weeks this year....still 3 weeks of sales to report!

In 2011 the DS sold 657,787. The Vita sits at 634,635.

Nintendo has to have a post-Christmas ND because they're almost dry of Wii U games in JP, with onlu games like Lego, Pikmin 3, 101, DQX, and Bayonetta 2 known for JP past new year's right?

Edit: Ah, Ken's Rage 2 is also in Jan.

Oersted

Nintendo has to have a post-Christmas ND because they're almost dry of Wii U games in JP, with onlu games like Lego, Pikmin 3, 101, DQX, and Bayonetta 2 known for JP past new year's right?

Edit: Ah, Ken's Rage 2 is also in Jan.

A Nintendo Direct between Pikmin, Monster Hunter 4 and Christmas? You can bet.

tiku

Any other announced title without release date? I only remember Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online and Tank! Tank! Tank!

Bayonneta 2 and Demon Tribe from Sega, The Wonderful 101 from Namco Bandai and... and that's it, if i'm not wrong, Bruno.

zroid

Banned
I'm surprised no one made a thread for 3DS surpassing PS3 sales. Seems like just the kind of sales statistic that would normally get its own thread. Ah well. :)

Jeff-DSA

As there were no PSP games in the top 30, I'm assuming the 30%+ increase in hardware sales was due to it being the holiday period?

It's almost like people are buying them as a form of protest or something. I don't know what software is driving people to the PSP over the Vita. Sure, price is a factor, but the PSP is dying off in regards to official support and if they don't migrate to Vita, there's not going to be a handheld presence for Sony at all.

PSP(2011 YTD)= 1,850,817
PSP+PSV(2012)=1,393,487(-24.7%)

Looking ahead to Week 50, PSP+PSV did 389,327 in 2011.

3DS+DS(2011 YTD)=3,862,733
3DS+DS(2012 YTD)=4,584,218(+18.7%)Has fallen off big time, 2 weeks ago was 27%

Looking ahead to week 50, 3DS+DS did 376,846 in 2011.

All handhelds(2011 YTD)=5,713,550
All handhelds(2012 YTD)=5,977,705 (+4.6%)Was 9.6% two weeks ago.

Some extra info looking ahead, total sales for 2011.
PSP=2,079,152
PSP+PSV=2,519,138

3DS=4,282,142
3DS+DS=4,939,929(Need to average 118.6K a week to match last year.)

All handhelds=7,459,067(Need to average 493.8K a week to match last year)

Safe to say, total handhelds will not be matching last year. If Nintendo's week 50 matches last year, they'll pass it with two weeks to spare, otherwise will be in week 51. Looks like PSV+PSP will struggle to match just the PSP last year, let alone PSP+PSV

Nekki

Safe to say, total handhelds will not be matching last year. If Nintendo's week 50 matches last year, they'll pass it with two weeks to spare, otherwise will be in week 51. Looks like PSV+PSP will struggle to match just the PSP last year, let alone PSP+PSV

Why do you count 3DS and DS together?? The DS has not been pulling any weight in a long while already.

Other than that i look forward to this specific post every week :p

donny2112

I'm surprised no one made a thread for 3DS surpassing PS3 sales. Seems like just the kind of sales statistic that would normally get its own thread.

It usually does after a regular news site posts it as new news. Then the 1st page of the thread is links back to the weekly MC thread along with posts of "GAF -> Internet -> GAF" and the like. Then maybe some actual discussion happens.

If you wanted to bypass the news site part of that, you could go on and post the thread, though.

madmackem

Sony seem to be twiddling there thumbs while vita dies. They need to do something soon or it maybe too late or it might already have gotten past that point. It doesnt fill me with confidence with them going into next gen.

zroid

Banned
It usually does after a regular news site posts it as new news. Then the 1st page of the thread is links back to the weekly MC thread along with posts of "GAF -> Internet -> GAF" and the like. Then maybe some actual discussion happens.

If you wanted to bypass the news site part of that, you could go on and post the thread, though.

It's pretty funny that not an hour after I wrote that post someone DID make a thread :lol

And as you said, cited Eurogamer

Pranay

http://azalyn.blog22.fc2.com/

Hurry up! Who's translating? :p

This is the first day of the new sales results released on December 13! Inazuma Eleven 3DS GO2 Chrono Stone sold the 15 predominates, the hot air is sold at the reservation free thunder but greatly popular. Thanks to the body or 3DS is popular, selling larger than its predecessor. Were many are surprisingly small number of those who do not buy just strap Book Award, not with regret. 12 Sangokushi PS3 four sell definitive edition 2012 Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball PS3 four selling 3DS Toriko Gourmet Monsters! book sales 3 3 PS3 Port Royal two selling HD EDITION breaks: FC The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki PS3 two selling titles sold more than one around here. December is a tough feeling. Others, Power Pro edition Vita, Battlefield PS3 version is running one at a time. New release date, but as was the day a little harsh, soft body and the fact that many will continue selling at the end of the year. 3DS is still strong body, the body then PS3. WiiU body did you stock after Release date yet, but only once, it sold out the same day. Because it will be in stock small number, who are also looking for weekend is the first aim for the weekend. And Animal Crossing many orders of magnitude the query. Small number of stock, what state it can not be helped to be honest. Inquiry of what it is horrible just thinking ... Is there now until Christmas.

Why do you count 3DS and DS together?? The DS has not been pulling any weight in a long while already.

Other than that i look forward to this specific post every week :p

DS is included because of the comparisons to last year where DS sold a good amount early in the year prior to 3DS price cut.

Road

Better luck next year, Japan:

i7oTgSzVAAKgP.png

http://www.m-create.com/ranking/

Media Create about Wii U:

- Hardware sell-through close to 90%. About the same as the Wii launch.
- Software tie ratio 1.22 (376,000 units). Wii was 1.80.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
This is the first day of the new sales results released on December 13! Inazuma Eleven 3DS GO2 Chrono Stone sold the 15 predominates, the hot air is sold at the reservation free thunder but greatly popular. Thanks to the body or 3DS is popular, selling larger than its predecessor. Were many are surprisingly small number of those who do not buy just strap Book Award, not with regret. 12 Sangokushi PS3 four sell definitive edition 2012 Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball PS3 four selling 3DS Toriko Gourmet Monsters! book sales 3 3 PS3 Port Royal two selling HD EDITION breaks: FC The Legend of Heroes Sora no Kiseki PS3 two selling titles sold more than one around here. December is a tough feeling. Others, Power Pro edition Vita, Battlefield PS3 version is running one at a time. New release date, but as was the day a little harsh, soft body and the fact that many will continue selling at the end of the year. 3DS is still strong body, the body then PS3. WiiU body did you stock after Release date yet, but only once, it sold out the same day. Because it will be in stock small number, who are also looking for weekend is the first aim for the weekend. And Animal Crossing many orders of magnitude the query. Small number of stock, what state it can not be helped to be honest. Inquiry of what it is horrible just thinking ... Is there now until Christmas.

iGFC1KYa5H5wE.gif

Another year of decline, huh. :/

There's no way 2013 will be under 2012 right? There's three young and growing platforms out now, even Vita should see some growth from this year.

?oe?oe

90% sell through is pretty good. But you know, not "sold-out" like some people keep clamoring.
"Sold out" doesn't necessarily mean every single product has been bought, it can mean very limited availability. If a store says they're sold out, well, they have no stock left. Some areas are left with nothing.

There's no way 2013 will be under 2012 right? There's three young and growing platforms out now, even Vita should see some growth from this year.

2013 will have Dragon Quest VII, Monster Hunter 4 and Friend Collection in Winter / Spring, with Animal Crossing likely to keep selling well. Then we will likely see the next mainline Pokémon game, in Summer. I think 2013 might well be far better than 2012.

Hero

"Sold out" doesn't necessarily mean every single product has been bought, it can mean very limited availability. If a store says they're sold out, well, they have no stock left. Some areas are left with nothing.

Oh I know, but some people like Charlie were saying things like Wii U is available, etc etc.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
90% sell through is extremely good and should put to rest the asinine Vita comparisons.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Oh I know, but some people like Charlie were saying things like Wii U is available, etc etc.

For Shibuya, Shinjuku and Akihabara :

it was available
and it is still available
and in numerous places

I really don't know what to tell you. I don't see what i gain by saying that's the case when it's not when a good 20-30 people who live here can go verify it too.

You are more than welcome to believe it completely sold out everywhere. Go for it!

The thing is people like DCcharlie were saying that it wasn't hard to find and that the lines were smaller than Vitas.
For Shibuya, Shinjuku and Akihabara :

it was available
and it is still available
and in numerous places

I really don't know what to tell you. I don't see what i gain by saying that's the case when it's not when a good 20-30 people who live here can go verify it too.

You are more than welcome to believe it completely sold out everywhere. Go for it!
The thing is as was discussed with the US launch, Nintendo was constantly sending out shipments. I think in the first week of Wii U in NA, retailers reported 2-3 shipments were sent to stores. In the US it was constantly going in and out of stock in some areas.

3DS should have its biggest year yet with Pokemon probably next year. Vita might grow if it has a price dro, but nothing is guaranteed. Vita will probably remained under 10k for most of the year. Wii U will make up for the PS3 and PSP declines. So yeah there is no way there is not a bounce next year. There is also the very off chance PS4 makes it out.

Top Bottom