• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media player 10 won't go to full screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

retardboy

Anyone know how to fix this? When i double click the screen to make it go to full screen, it goes full screen, but with the controls still there. It's like when you do full screen and you move the mouse, the controls come out... just like that, except they don't go away. They just stay there forever. It's been like this forever and it's bugging the crap out of me. I want it to go full screen!

Yeah, my WMP won't do full screen now either. It started doing this about two months ago. No clue what caused it. Been meaning to do a fresh windows install to try and fix it.

retardboy

Hmph, interesting... Not exactly what I wanted, but this works. I actually wanted to know how can I make it so that it's like what it was before. You know how if you make it full screen and don't move the mouse, the control bar will go away? And then if you move the mouse a little, it'll come back? If anyone knows how to do that, it would be greatly appreciated. Although if nobody knows, this will do. Thanks!

Ecrofirt

do you have the little thumbtack picture at the top of your screen with WMP10? It's there with WMP9.

Click that, and it should go from being at a 45 degree angle to being horizontal.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
retardboy said:
You know how if you make it full screen and don't move the mouse, the control bar will go away? And then if you move the mouse a little, it'll come back? If anyone knows how to do that, it would be greatly appreciated. Although if nobody knows, this will do. Thanks!

Yes, I miss that feature, and I'm pretty sure it's no longer there.

Ecrofirt

11217619.jpg

The way it is now, the controls will stay on. Click it, and it will stop looking indented, and your controls will go away if you don't move the mouse.

retardboy

Hahaha, I was just about to post that Ecrofirt! Thank you very much!! I had no idea what you were talking about with the thumbtack, but I went into media player and I saw that icon there in the corner and clicked it and it worked!! Thanks a lot!! I had no idea about that crap and didn't even know I pressed it! Must've did it on accident. Anyway, thanks again!

Ecrofirt

retardboy said:
Hahaha, I was just about to post that Ecrofirt! Thank you very much!! I had no idea what you were talking about with the thumbtack, but I went into media player and I saw that icon there in the corner and clicked it and it worked!! Thanks a lot!! I had no idea about that crap and didn't even know I pressed it! Must've did it on accident. Anyway, thanks again!

yea, you'd better be thankful. I spent two minutes updating my player for you!

Ecrofirt

it might be the codec. I have that problem with WMP and a few of my movies.

I'll edit this post in a second with which codec those movies use.

edit: hmm, this is showing the movie to use the xvid codec, but I know I have other xvids that work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom