• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meet all the heroes and villains from Super Bomberman R!

Joqu

C4I58saXAAICOoR.jpg

best bomber

deleted

The artwork is On. Point.

I'm still not 100% sure about the game, but I'll buy a Bomberman for the Switch for sure!
Since we know nothing about the VC yet, maybe this will be the next best thing to finally trying Saturn Bomberman for the first time or finally buying Bomberman 64 again.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
People think I'm picking up Nintendo Switch for Zelda and they are so wrong. Bomberman is the main reason why I'm getting Switch on day 1. I can't wait to play with y'all :)

Joqu

Oh nice! I don't really use Twitter, seems like they may not be posting the updates in the same order unless I missed the Magnet Bomber one?

I haven't really been following how they have been posting these images to be honest. I just saw that black bomber image on my timeline and I just had to share it here

deadfolk

Never played a Bomberman game before (yeah, I know), but I'm desperate for more Switch games.

It's a hard sell for me at £45 on amazon, which I guess will translate into at least €55 for me.

How would you sell me on this game? Should I try one of the classics? Watch a let's play? Bear in mind, I would likely be playing it 90% solo, with the occasional multi if I can convince my sister or wife to try it.

Or is is nostalgia only?

Never played a Bomberman game before (yeah, I know), but I'm desperate for more Switch games.

It's a hard sell for me at £45 on amazon, which I guess will translate into at least €55 for me.

How would you sell me on this game? Should I try one of the classics? Watch a let's play? Bear in mind, I would likely be playing it 90% solo, with the occasional multi if I can convince my sister or wife to try it.

Or is is nostalgia only?

Have you got a Wii U? If so you should try Bomberman 94.

Kinsei

Banned

Or is is nostalgia only?

If you're not going to be playing the multiplayer then I'd say it's not worth full price. The single player of other Bomberman games are fun, but the real draw is the multiplayer (Except for the N64 games, those had awesome single player modes). The best games to watch/play to get a feel for how this plays are the Super Bomberman games on the SNES.

I always thought these games were neat. I even had Bomberman 64, even though I had no idea how to play the damn game.

Super Bomberman R for Switch preorder is secure.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
If you're not going to be playing the multiplayer then I'd say it's not worth full price. The single player of other Bomberman games are fun, but the real draw is the multiplayer (Except for the N64 games, those had awesome single player modes). The best games to watch/play to get a feel for how this plays are the Super Bomberman games on the SNES.

The gba version of bomberman had the best sp ever.
It was a mix between zelda and pokemon.

Or is is nostalgia only?

Take a trip in a time machine and play Saturn Bomberman with 4+ friends. That will get your nostalgia taken care of.

Short of that, try out any mainline Bomberman you can get your hands on and try to get local co-op going. Stand outs: Super 1-5, Saturn, Blast (one of my favorite recentish entries) Live, Live:Battlefest.

Add Beer (if legal).

Profit.

It is an amazing pick-up-put-down party series that has had very good single player game play for a long time.

Yukinari

My only hope is that because this is a launch title and has multiplayer that people buy it despite the price so that we can get more bomberman games on Switch.

And in Smash.

Do we have any single player footage of this game? I wonder how the single player will play in this game. I know MP is available.

Vinnk

I tell everyone I'm getting the Switch for Zelda.. But I know I'm gonna be playing this one more.

And I think it's the first new Bomberman since my kids were born. Can't wait to play it with them.

Azure J

I've been randomly craving Bomberman action to share the zany with my Squids folk. This can't come out any sooner.

deadfolk

Have you got a Wii U? If so you should try Bomberman 94.

I do - maybe I'll investigate.

I totally hear what you're saying. However, in EU there's not much else to get at launch, and I'm going to want something to go with Zelda. I don't think even I Am Setsuna is day one here, so after Zelda...well, I don't know. Not much of a dancer. :)

Take a trip in a time machine and play Saturn Bomberman with 4+ friends. That will get your nostalgia taken care of.

Short of that, try out any mainline Bomberman you can get your hands on and try to get local co-op going. Stand outs: Super 1-5, Saturn, Blast (one of my favorite recentish entries) Live, Live:Battlefest.

Add Beer (if legal).

Profit.

It is an amazing pick-up-put-down party series that has had very good single player game play for a long time.

I live literally in the middle of nowhere, so no play dates for me!

Do we know much about the SP for R yet?

Bulzeeb

after looking at the the characters I come to realize that I would have loved this game to use some kind of cell shaded tech to get as closer to this artwork as possible, it would have looked far better instead of that kinda bland cgi felling I have when watching it in motion.

edit:
I just remembered Bomberman Jetters for the GCN

2894_07.jpg

a more polished version of that style would have been great

deadfolk

I just actually watched the official trailer for this. Looks like the SP campaign might be interesting. There appear to be scrolling levels, different heights and even bosses.

Glix

The game played great at the demo thing I went to. We had a three player match going it was classic bomberman great times.

I am skeptical of spending $60 on it...

But I am pretty sure that I will want a break from Zelda and will end up downloading it in a moment of weakness.

Edit - The Black Bomber is white???

Next in our Meet the Bombers: Heroes need naps too! Blue Bomber just wishes evil would let him hit the alarm a few more times.

tqHH16w.jpg

Never mind, the Facebook updated after all! Today Konami Europe seems to have given us a bonus picture.

Experien

I've played this game at an event in London and I was very happy with it. I'm the guy who owns all 5 of the original Super Bomberman games. What more would you need to know?!

i heard there was some issues seeing how a stage layout, maybe it was the multilayer floors or how it is angled?

Me and my older brother had a TurboGrafx with the turbotap ? I think it was called. And Bomberman 93 or 94 memory is hazy, but the fun we had when we had people over will always be a fond memory. Really looking forward to this, hopefully it has all the power ups from the old games.

Top Bottom