• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 rated in Korea

Good luck.

I bought the first collection even though I felt it was a bit of a rip off.

It was $14.99 for six full games and copious extra content. There is no universe that exists in which that is a rip-off, unless we're comparing the price with how much it costs to download a rom.

v0rtikal

Why Megaman 8 on Sega Saturn is considered the superior version?. As I stated before, I finished the JP version on PSX and found nothing wrong with it.

I could get down with this. I remember downloading the SF Version of Rockman and Forte back in the day when you had to worry about emulation Ring sites and endless loops: thank god for BitTorrent!

Much of the time it was labeled "megaman9" as well. Confusing but incredible; the game came out in 1998 and it was immediately playable on zsnes. Kinda like the BOTW and Cemu of its time.

Why Megaman 8 on Sega Saturn is considered the superior version?. As I stated before, I finished the JP version on PSX and found nothing wrong with it.

Sprites look better, two extra boss fights, aditional art galeries and sound test, better music in one or two levels. MM8 PSX is still good, but the real version is the SS one

If they've done the work to properly emulate/recreate the SNES and PS1 Megaman games like this, I can't imagine a Megaman X or Megaman Legends collection isn't close behind.

Weiss

Banned
If they've done the work to properly emulate/recreate the SNES and PS1 Megaman games like this, I can't imagine a Megaman X or Megaman Legends collection isn't close behind.

We are never getting a Legends collection. Getting put on PSN is the best we'll ever see.

Sprites look better, two extra boss fights, aditional art galeries and sound test, better music in one or two levels. MM8 PSX is still good, but the real version is the SS one

Also, some of the stages were retooled a bit (namely Tengu man's). It's a lot of little stuff that just kind of adds up. It's just a shame though because the additions and changes are cool but not hundreds of dollars cool. Also, with Saturn emulation just generally not being great really the only way to play the Saturn version is by plunking down a bunch of money for it.

Dream scenario for Megaman Legacy collection version of MM8:
-It has the typical legacy collection stuff like art galleries, sound test, challenge modes, etc.
-It better default features the better sprites from the Saturn version (with an option to turn on the PS1 versions explosion effects and whatnot)
-It features cleaned up FMV anime cutscenes (I guess the PS1 version would have to be where they pull the FMVs from as they definitely looked better on Playstation)
-Cleaned up audio (Again, they would have to pull mostly from the PS1 version as that version definitely has better audio)
-Finally, the game should have two difficulty options: Normal would be the PS1 version exactly as it was just with the aforementioned audio & visual improvements and the other would be Hard (or Saturn mode?) which would be the Saturn version exactly as it was but again just with the audio & visual improvements.

The above would be awesome and because of the people that would be presumably making it I could almost see something like the Saturn version of MM8 being on this collection.

alf717

I'm all for the Saturn version of MM8 but I don't see any effort will going into this to get that done. Maybe a sound test with the extra music and thats it.

The songs that stand out as betting different in the SS version for me are the Intro stage music, Tengu Man's stage and Aqua Man's stage. More sprites on the screen was another nice touch of the SS version. The intro stage when you get to the boss and in the beginning of the stage you'll see more birds fly by. Water effects have a ripple to them when you are underwater. I think I'm forgetting some things but SS version is worth checking out just to spot the differences.

Top Bottom