• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Megami Tensei Online

Greatness Gone said:
Is the penis monster in this game?

:lol

I haven't seen it yet, but I will keep my eyes open for it.

Anyways, I've gotten some nifty gear:
8b5ro6e.jpg

8ek699l.jpg

Reilly

MedievalManIII said:
NOTE: the red button means to accept

Screens
1) Terms and conditions
2) E-mail address form
3) E-mail address verification
4) E-mail address activation (check your inbox)
5) User information form

5a) IMAGINE ID (username)
5b) Password
5c) Password verification
5d) E-mail address
5e) Security question
5f) Security answer
5g) E-mail notifications (Receive; Don't Receive)

6) User information verification
7) Registration is complete!

7a) Download link for game
7b) Return to the index page

thanks

MedievalManIII said:
NOTE: the red button means to accept

Screens
1) Terms and conditions
2) E-mail address form
3) E-mail address verification
4) E-mail address activation (check your inbox)
5) User information form

Thanks. I will probably download this tonight and give it a go. Even if I don't understand anything!

Server is down for maintenance at the moment I think.
(There was a warning message about a saabaa, which I think means server, and mentenansu, which I think means maintenance).

Meanwhile, let's look at my photo album while we wait for the server to go back up.
7yp6fmf.jpg

6wm1uag.jpg

vectorman06 said:
Is this game really free? I want to try it out

Yes, its free as in beer. The developers make money from selling items.

edit: Does anyone know how to make Klans in this game? I've been trying to figure it out with no success.

Bebpo

Banned
So all I've ever seen are pictures of people with their demon. What exactly do you fight to gain exp? Are there dungeons?

Downloading. 5 hours to complete. &#%$£#$

Does anyone have the system requirement for this. I am downloading on my ThinkPad laptop which is like 4 years old with 16MB Radeon card. Just lazy to drag my gaming PC out just for this.

Edit: Just found the spec page. Looks like it may be capable of running the game with super minimal quality.

Bebpo said:
So all I've ever seen are pictures of people with their demon. What exactly do you fight to gain exp? Are there dungeons?

You fight demons outside towns or in virtual battles. You can also converse with demons (that are outside, not in virtual battles) in order to convince them to join you.

There are dungeons in the game, but I've never been to one yet. Apparently, you need some special item to create a dungeon instance for your party.

If you're wondering, the fighting mechanics are real-time and they are kind of like this:

Melee:
1) Attack
Your normal attack. You can combo attacks up to three times.
2) Spin
A spin attack that you charge. When charged, you can unleash it to damage and knock back the enemy around you.
3) Rush
A rush attack that you charge. When charged, you can unleash it to deal massive damage to one enemy.

How charging works is that the first time you press the button, you charge, and the second time you press the button, you unleash the charge.

Guns:
1) Shot
You first aim (like charging), then fire one bullet.
2) Rapid
I haven't used this yet, but I'm guessing that this is for pistols. What follows is my guess.
You first aim, then fire a few bullets.

NOTE: Melee and guns cannot be used interchangeably.

Magic spells
You first charge up the spell, then you cast it.

Guard/Counter/Dodge
You enter a stance in which you can guard, counter, or dodge depending on what stance you used. When you successfully guard, counter, or dodge, you exit out of the stance and your enemy's next attack is delayed.
NOTE: Guard and counter are for melee attacks while dodge is for ranged attacks and magic.

Summoned demons can also assist you while you fight. For example, the demon can finish off the enemy when its far away from you or distract the enemy so it tries to block/counter your devil's attacks instead of yours or tank the enemy while you shoot it.

If you're interested in how the skill system works, then read this FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/2v3h62

I hope that my explanation gives you a good image of what the game is like.

Top Bottom