• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MegaTen x Fire Emblem announced (Wii U)

A.E Suggs

I really, really, really hope you're right.

I'm kidding! I've probably played an Intelligent Systems game, even (Just not Fire Emblem)! Did they do Advance Wars? That sounds right.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of their musicians or artists (I'm not not a fan, mind), whereas I'm a huge fan of MegaTen art and music. The reason I'm so hyped is because in my mind at the moment, it's a game created by these developers that I love. If they aren't involved, then my interest drops to near zero.

I was joking as well, yeah they did advance wars. That said maybe they'll have a mixture of tunes to please both. I'm more than sure the gameplay is what they are working with Intelligent Systems for. The Megaten team should be in charge of everything else. I guess think atlus with arc systems works with p4 arena where arc did the combat system,menu,etc and atlus did the story,music and art.

Dantis

I really have no idea what to think of this... other than the fact that I know I want it. o_o;

No surprise to see that Dantis is here. :p

Haha! I think you're the last PersonaGAF frequenter to show up. You're late!

This announcement makes up for the lack of anything from Famitsu yesterday. :p

Probably been brought up but:
Dark Souls II for Wii U now?

That's From Software, not Atlus.

I was joking as well, yeah they did advance wars. That said maybe they'll have a mixture of tunes to please both. I'm more than sure the gameplay is what they are working with Intelligent Systems for. The Megaten team should be in charge of everything else. I guess think atlus with arc systems works with p4 arena where arc did the combat system,menu,etc and atlus did the story,music and art.

I'd be fine with this, I think.

Do this, Atlus. Do it now.

Really? It seemed like a decent game for its time based some of the stuff I read online. Oh well, hopefully it draws more on Devil Survivor and FE than anything else under the Megaten umbrella.

It's really unbalanced. They tried to emulate the weapon triangle stuff from Fire Emblem, except they did it with demon races instead, and it just... it just did not work out that well.

TunaLover

wiiu-2.jpg

Yoshi Wii U [x]
Resident Evils [x]
Soul Hackers [x]
Metal Gear Solid [ ]
Final Fantasy 3 [ ]
Dragon Quest 10 [?]

Sophia

Haha! I think you're the last PersonaGAF frequenter to show up. You're late!

This announcement makes up for the lack of anything from Famitsu yesterday. :p

Forget that, I'm more interested in Takahashi's new. THAT makes up for the lack of Famitasu. Although I'm pretty hyped for this too.

And yeah I'm late, I was busy! I didn't learn about the announcements until about two hours ago.

TreIII

Sometimes my mind races to the notion of Marth, Sigurd, Cuan and Celis being designed by Kaneko, and then it folds in on itself right afterwards...

I really hope hope Intelligent Systems will be involved in a major fashion. It just won't feel like a FE game without them!

Zomba13

Still would have preferred Persona 5 announcement though I know that would never happen.
Sounds very interesting though.

Sometimes my mind races to the notion of Marth, Sigurd, Cuan and Celis being designed by Kaneko, and then it folds in on itself right afterwards...

Yeah, I do kinda wonder if this is what Kaneko's been working on. But then if he had been, they probably would have posted his designs in the trailer.

MLH

I don't know anything about this title yet, but one thing that I've found exciting about this announcement is that it's a European announcement of an Atlus x Nintendo game.

Will this mean a closer relationship between Atuls and Nintendo Europe? After all, Atlus doesn't have a European branch, so I'm excited at the prospect of localisations of more Atlus games for Europe. Maybe NOE will distribute Soul Hackers, EO4 & SMT4 for Europe.

Jachaos

Elincia is in the character group we see for Fire Emblem and I don't really see her being in a fighting game. She's really good in Radiant Dawn, but I don't see how it would translate to a fighting game. So I'm with those that don't think this crossover will be one like Marvel vs Capcom.

Nairume

Banned
It's really unbalanced. They tried to emulate the weapon triangle stuff from Fire Emblem, except they did it with demon races instead, and it just... it just did not work out that well.

Also the third Majin Tensei is probably the only legitimately awful MegaTen game.

Beth Cyra

Elincia is in the character group we see for Fire Emblem and I don't really see her being in a fighting game. She's really good in Radiant Dawn, but I don't see how it would translate to a fighting game. So I'm with those that don't think this crossover will be one like Marvel vs Capcom.
Atlus and IS are making the thing, of course it's not a fighter. Do people really forget that Atlus didn't make 4Arena?

You guys may consider Majin Tensei and its sequel Spiral Nemesis (We dont speak of Ronde) bad, but you gotta admit the music was bumpin'

TreIII

Yeah, I do kinda wonder if this is what Kaneko's been working on. But then if he had been, they probably would have posted his designs in the trailer.

Maybe, maybe not. I don't think there was a single new piece of art in that trailer, which likely showcases that this teaser was meant to be just that.

They didn't even use the updated Awakening art for some of those classic characters, like Roy.

TreIII

Atlus actually used to make fighters at one point, though that team is doubtfully long gone by now.

The only other fighting game to Atlus' recent credit was another game in their Gouketsuji/Power Instinct series, developed by Million.

I really don't think people have much to worry about here...

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
The picture at the end of the trailer suggests that, at the very least, there will be a modern aspect to it.

I don't think that tree there is a coincidence.

Look at the Music Selection album art for Awakening. Might seem somewhat familiar.

32453-1339054025.jpg

mollipen

'Please only make games I want for consoles I have'

I think that there's a huge difference between port begging and saying "I want future games to be on as many platforms as possible, including the ones that I expect to own". I want to see this industry have less exclusives, not more—except, obviously, in cases where it's a first-party properly coming into play (such as SMT x FE).

In the same regard, I'd love to see Persona 5 also hit the Wii U if it's going to be an Xbox 360/PS3 release.

Bayonetta 2 was not being developed for anything. Nintendo wanted to make it happen so they approached Sega and Platinum.

Except that this isn't at all true.

Still kinda odd that this is on Wii U, rather than the platform that actually has mainline SMT and FE entries. But at least it would seem to bode well for future Atlus support.

iavi

I hadn't even noticed the Atlus Presents thing at the beginning.

Ooooooh shit.

I think this is extremely likely if the game is an Atlus production.

I'm absolutely fine with Atlus handling the game design. The Devil Survivors were my favorite games on the DS, DS2 came out in the west a long while ago, and we're only just getting FE: Awakening in the west. With as much time as I plan to sink into that game, I think I'll be good with a break from its design beats for a while.

Beth Cyra

I think that there's a huge difference between port begging and saying "I want future games to be on as many platforms as possible, including the ones that I expect to own". I want to see this industry have less exclusives, not more—except, obviously, in cases where it's a first-party properly coming into play (such as SMT x FE).

In the same regard, I'd love to see Persona 5 also hit the Wii U if it's going to be an Xbox 360/PS3 release.

Depends on how he meant that.

If he meant at the time the it's very possible that it had been after they stopped development and there for it wasn't being developed for anything.

However of course we know it had started as a Ps3/360 title.

iavi

Going by the amount of Bayo 2 in dev rumors we had heard, a good portion of Bayo 2 probably had been completed by time Sega canned it. It's also the only reason I can see Ninty picking it up/licensing it, especially when they're funding a whole 'nother Platinum project at the same time (TW101); there's not actually much left for them to fund, and it'll provide a nice core exclusive that they only have to market and distribute.

Platy

me : "OMFG they just announced the localization of Project X Zone !!!
If THAT was localized ANYTHING can be right ?"

Nintendo : "HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER"

This completely blew my mind... as soon as I saw Atlus I was ready for a Persona 5 announcement, then Fire Emblem showed up...

I don't know what to say...
Let's start by picking up Fire Emblem considering that I haven't played any... :p

I hope it's not a fighter.

Amir0x

Banned
oh god I missed this

two of my favorite series together fucking like dirty rabbits

what a wonderful Nintendo Direct this is!

iavi

I feel like we should thank the sales of Awakening for this. Brought FE back as one of Ninty's premier franchises.

Enough to break universes and mingle with SMT. AAxLayton made sense. This...really, this is the most wtf announcement I've ever read. I love it.

Top Bottom