• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men's Fashion |OT| Style is eternal; But my wallet isn't

Entropia

No One Remembers
Hey guys,

Going to a wedding this weekend and still trying to finalize my look. I'm going to be wearing a gray glen-plaid suit. I'm not sure what color/pattern shirt and tie I should wear with it. Any thoughts?

Anth0ny

my ugly christmas sweater for this year just arrived in the mail:

ZmtQNeJ.jpg

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
I bought a lot more clothes today than I was expecting. Bought two pairs of shoes from DSW (30% off any two pairs of shoes), a pair of chukka boots off Amazon (30% off coupon), a Topman coat from Nordstrom (50% off), and a herringbone blazer from JC Penney ( 70% off). I don't generally buy clothes online but I figured with free returns I have nothing to lose.

If Amazon is going to carry more high-fashion labels then they desperately need a new style of product photography. The way they shoot them right now just makes those boots look like Sketchers.

If Amazon is going to carry more high-fashion labels then they desperately need a new style of product photography. The way they shoot them right now just makes those boots look like Sketchers.

I would contact them and try to see if they are going to carry high end stuff. Then present your plans.

giga

Why is it so hard to find quality boots (goodyear, dainite, cxl, etc.) with a small toe box for less than $300? Here's a comparison from L to R of Dayton, Wolverine, Red Wing, Viberg, and Red Wing. Only the Viberg and Dayton have svelte toeboxes that aren't bulbous or blocky.

Wolverines and Red Wings go on sale all the time, but I can never justify them because I just don't like the toe boxes. I'm pretty much limited to jcrew, meermin (dressy), and random indonesian companies.

I just ordered these Kenton cap toes. We'll see how it goes. Also if anyone has any recs for Jodphur boots lmk.

Why is it so hard to find quality boots (goodyear, dainite, cxl, etc.) with a small toe box for less than $300? Here's a comparison from L to R of Dayton, Wolverine, Red Wing, Viberg, and Red Wing. Only the Viberg and Dayton have svelte toeboxes that aren't bulbous or blocky.

Wolverines and Red Wings go on sale all the time, but I can never justify them because I just don't like the toe boxes. I'm pretty much limited to jcrew, meermin (dressy), and random indonesian companies.

Also if anyone has any recs for Jodphur boots lmk.

I pretty sure you can find a good quality Chelsea boot for under $300. Also the toe box on my Iron Rangers deflated fairly significantly with wear. Not sure if thats helps at all.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

I just ordered these Kenton cap toes. We'll see how it goes. Also if anyone has any recs for Jodphur boots lmk.

I'm in the process of buying these boots. They're 40% off with their Cyber Monday code. I'm trying them on in-store and they look great.

G.ZZZ

Guys reccomendations for some fashionable wintery shoes? I'm going to northern england for a week for the new years and i'd like to have some shoes to not freeze my feets at those polar conditions. Here i always used my normal shoes cause it's never too cold (italy coastline city GG).

giga

Dressy.

Forget about the vest, blazer is the better term.

I have this style in mid:

2175741_Untitled_1.jpg

That looks pretty messy. Chunky boots and what looks like denim? Bleh.

1. Shoes: Johnston and Murphy Melton - $175 (yes, don't skimp on shoes)
2. Pants: Uniqlo - $40
3. Blazer: Uniqlo - $70

Total: $285. Uniqlo also has a cyber monday sale that will take $15 off that price too.

Combos:
1. Black shoes, black pants, navy blazer
2. Brown shoes, navy pants, dark gray blazer
3. Black shoes, wine pants, navy/dark grey blazer (✨holiday✨)

Wear a white shirt underneath. Also, please god don't trim your beard like that dude.

Guys reccomendations for some fashionable wintery shoes? I'm going to northern england for a week for the new years and i'd like to have some shoes to not freeze my feets at those polar conditions. Here i always used my normal shoes cause it's never too cold (italy coastline city GG).

Budget? You need to also invest in wool socks.

Top Bottom