• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Meta GAF |ON| Gaf on Gaf

Two kids slushess which only come in kids trays at the theater: $13
Two small slushees on their own: $12
One large slushee for them to fight over: $7

Them actually fighting over it like I thought them would: priceless
giphy.gif

Thaedolus

Gold Member
I still need to play that game. Love Larian's output. Divinity Original Sin 1 & 2 are both absolutely phenomenal. Also love the lack of mtx and dlc. Here's the game, it works, see you next time. Wish more devs were like this.
Ran fine in the first act on my 7700k fwiw, though I hear Act 3 can be taxing. I just got there myself then got distracted by FF7 and now Dragon’s Dogma, so I dunno how it runs on the new rig yet.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
FML my Amazon order got fucked up again. Not the end of the world because it's only $15 but this is like the 5th or 6th time this has happened over all in the past year.

I think I'm just done with Amazon entirely as they provide no option to even contact customer support on any of these.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
FML my Amazon order got fucked up again. Not the end of the world because it's only $15 but this is like the 5th or 6th time this has happened over all in the past year.

I think I'm just done with Amazon entirely as they provide no option to even contact customer support on any of these.
I think Amazon has gotten too big for their own good, and customer service is suffering as a result.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I think Amazon has gotten too big for their own good, and customer service is suffering as a result.
Yeah. The 3rd party seller thing is where I encounter the most issues. It's way too prevalent now. Should have gone through Walmart or some other distributor but oh well. Lesson learned.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Amazon's the worst. I cancelled my Prime membership last year and haven't regretted it since. Case in point, I needed to get a USB-C to HDMI adapter for my wife's Mac - Amazon had it for $15. Ok, cool, but without prime the shipping was $8. Nah. Looked on Best Buy and they didn't have that brand, and a similar adapter was $25.

Went directly to the manufacturer's website, where the one I wanted was also $15 and had free shipping.

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Amazon = put random shit in the cart and wait a while. Either the wife can’t find it cheaper at Target and orders it once you break into free shipping territory, or she does and just picks it up on one of her thrice daily trips to Target

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
if it’s Packer with all the alts won’t they just upgrade it to perm or is it seen as humorous to call the mods tranny lovers but still stick with a temp ban?

Just a question - not saying it is or isn’t him…

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member

This shit goes hard. Videogames used to be cool.

This is why I like Indies. AAA games are so boring. They all start from the same template and try to appeal to every single person making it the most bland shit ever.

Some games I'm looking forward to this year:

Live action & 2D Alone in the Dark style gameplay:

Survival horror that blends 2 and 3d:

Point and click / adventure with a claymation / Fantastic Mr Fox style of art direction:

I am patiently waiting for No Rest for the Wicked, The Operator, Blockbuster Inc, and Animal Well also.

Games are so much more varied and exciting when corporate profits aren't the main reason for development.

Last edited:

nush

This is why I like Indies. AAA games are so boring. They all start from the same template and try to appeal to every single person making it the most bland shit ever.

last new game I played was that cat game. I did play Forbidden West for a bit, but it was just the same as the last one so I got bored.

German Hops

GAF's Nicest Lunch Thief
Would greater access to sex help the incel community?

If states in the US began legalizing and regulating prostitution, and we had legit sexual service businesses, much in the way we do for other forms of therapy, would it help them feel any better about themselves?

I have some concerns about this, though, mainly the risk of assault and abuse. But it's just a thought.

I mean, we have cuddle therapy, which is platonic, and its extremely beneficial for people who have no other path to physical intimacy. If incels had a similar path, would it help them?

*Nightwing

Would greater access to sex help the incel community?

If states in the US began legalizing and regulating prostitution, and we had legit sexual service businesses, much in the way we do for other forms of therapy, would it help them feel any better about themselves?

I have some concerns about this, though, mainly the risk of assault and abuse. But it's just a thought.

I mean, we have cuddle therapy, which is platonic, and its extremely beneficial for people who have no other path to physical intimacy. If incels had a similar path, would it help them?
No, it doesn’t solve the fundamental problem that western women on average as a generalization treat men like shit while acting like trash people themselves. Paying for sexual satisfaction whilst still being berated and treated as a lesser life form doesn’t solve the issue.

Raising your kids right and allowing them to interact face to face so they understand the intrinsic value of other human beings while simultaneously learning to genuinely treat others as equals with open arms leading to people valuing meaningful relationships and personal accomplishments vs the current values of clout chasing, hedonism and narcissism is the fix for this problem. Or we can invent a Time Machine and stop society form devaluing family values in western society… same probability of happening, same outcome

Peggies

Gold Member
No, it doesn’t solve the fundamental problem that western women on average as a generalization treat men like shit while acting like trash people themselves. Paying for sexual satisfaction whilst still being berated and treated as a lesser life form doesn’t solve the issue.

Raising your kids right and allowing them to interact face to face so they understand the intrinsic value of other human beings while simultaneously learning to genuinely treat others as equals with open arms leading to people valuing meaningful relationships and personal accomplishments vs the current values of clout chasing, hedonism and narcissism is the fix for this problem. Or we can invent a Time Machine and stop society form devaluing family values in western society… same probability of happening, same outcome
Time Machine! Time Machine! Time Machine!
Bake Off Botp GIF by The Great British Bake Off

Top Bottom