• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online New TGS Gameplay video

Aw man this is looks so good and it isn't releasing in 2016.
PersonaSalt :(

That reminds me I gotta start clearing the main missions, haven't even unlocked the FOB yet. The mother base stuff is too engrossing.

I'm surprised nobody else picked up on this. I think the exact words were "MGO online will be available for EVERYONE who owns MGSV on Oct. 6th."

Not going to get my hopes up, but maybe???
PC release is scheduled for 2016, to have it pushed up 3 months would be a highly unlikely miracle. I wait the extra months if they are using the extra time to implement a kickass anti-cheat system (or at least using Valve's solution).
They must be learning from the FOB's state of affairs on PC.

It looks like you'll either be sniped or grabbed by people with stealth camo for most of the match. I can already see this being really frustrating. Definitely give it a chance though.

It looks like you'll either be sniped or grabbed by people with stealth camo for most of the match. I can already see this being really frustrating. Definitely give it a chance though.

MGO has always been a paradise for griefers, you only need 2 or 3 griefers working together.
Hope the tranq gun is heavily nerfed in MGO ala FOB

Ok, this looks good but what's the monetization catch? Something crucial and gamebreaking is going to be locked behind a nice juicy paywall.

NoFoX

This actually looks pretty great. Reminds me of Ghost Recon.

Thats the problem.
MGO 1 & 2 were unique, this looks "mediocre", doesn't have the special MGO touch imo.
I'll give it a chance, but I'm glad that we still can play MGO 1 & 2 on EMU and CFW PS3.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
only thing I dislike a little is the stealth camo, it should run out of battery if used to much and then have to recharge. It forces the player to be more tactical and use it with care instead of spam it

EDIT:I do like that if you sprint you show up on the map, so people wont be running around like idiots....what am I thinknig of course they will be and Ill probably be on the same team as them
m6jQVA.gif

Broritos

only thing I dislike a little is the stealth camo, it should run out of battery if used to much and then have to recharge. It forces the player to be more tactical and use it with care instead of spam it

EDIT:I do like that if you sprint you show up on the map, so people wont be running around like idiots....what am I thinknig of course they will be and Ill probably be on the same team as them https://youtu.be/SMCrMilsozk?t=2

It does have a battery. Only in Cloak and Dagger mode does stealth camo not have a battery meter.

EDIT: Bottom left of the screen. https://youtu.be/20aMKCGVVMo?t=2m27s

TheStruggler

It does have a battery. Only in Cloak and Dagger mode does stealth camo not have a battery meter.

EDIT: Bottom left of the screen. https://youtu.be/20aMKCGVVMo?t=2m27s

not bad but even still I think cloak and dagger should have a timer, and if someone shoots a gun while its on the camo should automatically go off so you can see the person, Im just afraid of people camping in corner with this

Alienous

not bad but even still I think cloak and dagger should have a timer, and if someone shoots a gun while its on the camo should automatically go off so you can see the person, Im just afraid of people camping in corner with this

Have you played 'Team Sneaking' in MGO2 before?

Cloak and Dagger is that mode. The players with the stealth camo are the aggressors, so corner camping is of no benefit to them. They are armed with only non-lethal weapons, and their only way to kill an opponent (to remove them from the match) is to use a knife, so they can't camp and be successful. Also their objective is to capture and return to their base something that is protected by the defenders, who are better equipped and armed with lethal weapons.

You have no reason to be concerned.

TheStruggler

Have you played 'Team Sneaking' in MGO2 before?

Cloak and Dagger is that mode. The players with the stealth camo are the aggressors, so corner camping is of no benefit to them. They are armed with only non-lethal weapons, and their only way to kill an opponent (to remove them from the match) is to use a knife, so they can't camp and be successful. Also their objective is to capture and return to their base something that is protected by the defenders, who are better equipped and armed with lethal weapons.

You have no reason to be concerned.
never played mgo2 personally thought it was trash, the original mgo was great this also looks great, lets hoe my assumption is right or else ill be an ass

Considering I've never been able to log into the basic functions in MGSV right now, how do they expect to have the servers actually running for this game?

This looks great. And Konami should totally release this as a stand-alone game, for free. Just put some microtransactions for cosmetic stuff.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
This is actually going to make me get it on PS4 now: was definitely going to go for PC...but I don't think I'll be able to miss out on this hype train once it drops.

Looks amazing!!

Edit:

It's available for everyone next month?! So good.

I wonder what the original PC date was about, then.

Hmmm... this is confusing then.. they need to clarify if 'everyone' includes PC (I can't see why it wouldn't..).

Reule

Much better showing than the stream. I have some reservations but I'm still excited to play. I hope there will be something like Survival and Tournaments throughout the week.

Alienous

I hope Code Talker is playable, and
just wheels around speaking about 'The Diné' and 'Metallic Archaea', putting all nearby enemies to sleep.

MGO2 was superb and fun. Konami ruined it with the whole ID, and in later months high level players made it very tough to enjoy it.

This looks fun but it feels incomplete to me. I feel for the lag and latency issues we might face.

EVERYONE will be able to play in October? What happened to January? Konami needs to clarify. I don't want to get hyped for MGO if it's still months away.

Top Bottom