• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising 2 teased at Taipei Game show

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGMIII

From what I remember the 'tutorials' were hidden within the whole 'radio communication' thing which was totally MGS in style and there was absolutely no hand-holding. If you're like me and just totally skip all that kind of stuff, you'll miss the core gameplay mechanics being explained and be clueless about the parry system. I think this is why the game divided people and ended up being a love it/hate it affair

When you start a new file the first thing the game asks you is if you want to play the tutorial, it's very bluntly in your face. The tutorial covers (in order) Ninja run, attacking during ninja run, basic combat & parrying. None of this is hidden away in menus. The thing that it doesn't cover that it should is lock on. If you're talking about the move list then it's found under the help menu while paused.

The main thing that they could have explained better was how to execute the parry. I had no issues picking up on what they had to do but it was clear from the complaints that they didn't completely convey the information correctly.

Betty

Banned
I can't wait until they reveal that Ninja Theory is developing it. <.<

iYUha8zxnt5xi.gif

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
YES!!! An MGR with a proper development cycle will be amazing. I loved the first game but some of the textures were straight PS2 status.

Betty

Banned
I want the game to open with a fight against Solidus, either as a vr or dream sequence, that takes place all over New York and eventually the Statue of LIberty, which natrually we get to slice up into pieces and use the arm carrying the torch as a club to finish off Solidus.

Lethe82

Banned
Ninja Theory is coming a long way to be honest. I mean sure they won't beat Platinum at their own game, but Hellblade is looking really promising. They're slowly morphing into much more of a gameplay studio while retaining their old strengths. In some ways DmC was better than MGR, but it was hardly a fair comparison. I expect MGR2 with something approaching a proper development time to be insane.

Lethe82

Banned
And Sony has been relatively active securing small and medium sized exclusives. Platinum is also a studio taht can do work very quickly for relatively little, and it would give Sony a way to ensure that PS remains the 'Metal Gear' platform (not that Metal Gear has been selling all that well on Xbox anyway, but still).

Haunted

The first one had some bad spots (laughable attempt at serious drama, shit story, Kojima-level writing), but the core gameplay was very fun and over the top.

I'm in.

HardRojo

Oh god, they'd fill the game with shit eating grins, evil politicians, melodramatic story lines about how 'the world is brainwashed' and a corny metal/electronic soundtrack

So a true sequel to MGR Revengeance and it will be glorious!
Provided that Platinum develops it, not NT.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Oh god, they'd fill the game with shit eating grins, evil politicians, melodramatic story lines about how 'the world is brainwashed' and a corny metal/electronic soundtrack

All of that PLUS non color-coded enemies AND lock-on from the get go. Plus actual boss battles with fun mechanics!

convo

People taking the story in Rising seriously can not convince me that Jack/Raiden isn't completely fucking insane 100% of the time.

I can foresee it:

-Game is teased
-They show us a cinematic trailer starring Raiden
-They show us some gameplay with Raiden.
-A demo is released, you play with Raiden.
-Game is released.
-1st level is with Raiden
-The rest of the game is with Cyborg George.

George.png

-plug in solar usb attachment

Metal Gear Rising: Boktai

oni-link

I'd love to go back to 2002 and tell those still reeling at the Raiden switch in MGS2 that 13 years later we'd all be hyped for a new Metal Gear game starring Raiden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom