• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes gameplay demo

SJRB

Gold Member
He definately has a solid fashion sense, but is he cosplaying in that pic? It seems a bit more.. extravagant than usual.

Endo Punk

So according to Invisible Walls 70% of people hated or found the demo boring o_0 I haven't played PW yet but I still found the cutscene very gripping, in those 8 minutes the burnt character was so good I couldn't look away, and the whole child soldier angle was intriguing not to mention the amazing use of the song.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Pocket watch = BIG BOSS.

injurai

Banned
So according to Invisible Walls 70% of people hated or found the demo boring o_0 I haven't played PW yet but I still found the cutscene very gripping, in those 8 minutes the burnt character was so good I couldn't look away, and the whole child soldier angle was intriguing not to mention the amazing use of the song.

Ignore them, they probably weren't people interested in MGS in the first place.

Defunkled

Well there's your problem right there.

StuBurns

Banned
Nothing to do with GZ, but am I alone in preferring the alternate ending to MGS1?

Dat bromance.
It's funny, Meryl is alive, but Snake knows Campbell is her dad, in the tanker act of MGS2, he has the stealth suit, in the plant chapter, he has the bandana. There must be some twisted version of MGS1's ending they work off for canon.

But yeah, Meryl dying was better. And the torture scene and aftermath are much better.

Endo Punk

It's funny MGS2 gets SO much hate because of Raiden(and I'm sure the story). Solid Snake became an iconic character because of MGS2 so it's not the like the character was gone but an integral part of the story seen through the eyes of another character. I find it weird MGS2 is the best selling title and the sequels have never come close, I guess some fans really didn't like Raiden. I wonder if such a tactic could work for MGS this time, I love Big boss but would have no issue playing with another character also, in fact I welcome it.

Endo Punk

Kojima = swag

jzcFY.jpg

Kojima is off the charts! He needs to work in movies again with swagger like dat.

You know he had a minor role in Azumi. Directed by Kitamura, I'm guessing they made a deal; He works on TS and Kojima appears in his film.

HIDEOKOJIMA.jpg

It's funny, Meryl is alive, but Snake knows Campbell is her dad, in the tanker act of MGS2, he has the stealth suit, in the plant chapter, he has the bandana. There must be some twisted version of MGS1's ending they work off for canon.

But yeah, Meryl dying was better. And the torture scene and aftermath are much better.

They used the 'Meryl survives' ending because Otacon survives in it as well. Snake tells Campbell to send people in to pick up Otacon, so it's safe to assume that Otacon and Snake meet up again when he's brought in and the bromance ensues.

SJRB

Gold Member
It's funny MGS2 gets SO much hate because of Raiden(and I'm sure the story). Solid Snake became an iconic character because of MGS2 so it's not the like the character was gone but an integral part of the story seen through the eyes of another character. I find it weird MGS2 is the best selling title and the sequels have never come close, I guess some fans really didn't like Raiden. I wonder if such a tactic could work for MGS this time, I love Big boss but would have no issue playing with another character also, in fact I welcome it.

I don't believe the MGS2 Raiden hate is still happening. It happened during the initial launch of MGS2 because no one expected it, as to current players who all know MGS2 features Raiden.

I can understand why people were upset though, I too was quite surprised the first time I played MGS2 back in the day but I was never angry about it. Most people like to play as a badass character in videogames, and Snake definately was a badass. Having Snake make place for a whiny, goofy and girlish looking character rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

Still, even though his intentions were good [see the legendary Solid Snake through the eyes of someone else] I think Kojima never expected that much outrage and I doubt he'll do it ever again.
After this many games Big Boss has become an integral part of the franchise not unlike Mario in the Mario Bros games.

MormaPope

Banned

MGS5 having that same theme and twist would be pretty awesome. Just like MGS2, MGS5 will be the first MGS on next gen consoles.

so... big boss for ground zeroes prologue (tanker) and then we continue playing as Frank Jaeger in part 2 (plant)?

iLLmAtlc

I don't think Kojima is going to pull a secret character switch like that anymore, not after the poor reception the first time.

Jesus Christ... have you guys heard the City of Prague Philharmonic medleys for MGS4 and Peace Walker?

Peace Walker

Guns of the Patriots

Really at a loss for words here. I don't know if this is old and I'm just now discovering them. Not ashamed to admit some parts of these drew me close to tears.

Brera

Banned

MGS2 sold well but it burned a lot of people.

MGS3 was criminally ignored thanks to MGS2 and it's shittyness. Don't get me wrong, it's still an awesome game but compared to MGS, MGS3 and even MGS4...its complete dogshit with crap characters.

Raiden was just the start of it's shittyness. Crap Bosses were it's biggest faux pas...fatman? Are you serious?

MGS is still recovering.

Desmond

MGS3 was criminally ignored thanks to MGS2 and it's shittyness. Don't get me wrong, it's still an awesome game but compared to MGS, MGS3 and even MGS4...its complete dogshit with crap characters.

Raiden was just the start of it's shittyness. Crap Bosses were it's biggest faux pas...fatman? Are you serious?

MGS is still recovering.

Bmf2T.gif

They're all awful, but Snake Eater gets a pass because it works, partly because of its awfulness.

TBIYTC sounds lovely, but I can't comment on the lyrics.

Desmond

They're all awful, but Snake Eater gets a pass because it works, partly because of its awfulness.

TBIYTC sounds lovely, but I can't comment on the lyrics.
ENGLISH TRANSLATION
Do you remember love
Love from a tormented heart
Not fleeting, as with music at night
But an eternal love
Now tainted
Now tainted
Go now and reclaim it
Go now and love
Recall the times
when you were happy.
Recall the times
when you laughed.

Life is wonderful
Do you have faith in it?
Turn your face to life,
To eternal joy.

What happened to those days?
What happened to those nights?
Do you remember
How you turned to grief? Do you remember
How you turned to sorrow?
Is the blame mine or ours?

Our feelings grew faint
What caused our grief and fighting?
Can there be beauty in life?
If you seek it out.
Can there be happiness in life?
Let's seek it.

GAEILGE/IRISH
An cuimhin leat an grá
Crá croí an ghrá
Níl anois ach ceol na h-oíche
Táim sioraí i ngrá
Leannáin le smál
Leannáin le smál
Lig leis agus beidh leat
Lig leis agus beidh grá
Cuimhne leat an t-am
Nuair a bhí tú sásta
An cuimhne leat an t-am
Nuair a bhí tú ag gáire

Tá an saol iontach
Má chreideann tú ann
Tug aghaidi ar an saol is
sonas sioraí inár measc

Céard a tharla do na laethanta sin
Céard a tharla do na h-oícheanta sin
An cuimhin leat an t-am
Nuair a bhí tú faol bhrón

An cuimhin leat an t-am
Go sioraí sileadh na ndeor
an ormsa nó orainne a bhí an locht

Ag mothú caiite s'ar fán
Cén fáth an t-achrann is sileadh na ndeor
Tá áilleacht sa saol Má chuardaíonn tú e
Tá gliondar sa saol
Creideann sé

:)

The Best is Yet to Come says Hi.

GAF is in take everything literally mode here lately. I didn't mean it's the best song of all time, it was just my way of saying that I love it.

Brera said:
It's fucking awful. Worse than Snake Eater.

Bmf2T.gif

The theme songs in MGS are fantastic. They work wonders with the style of the games and the homages that Kojima loves to pay.

Izick

MGS is still recovering.

yuuAb.gif

Top Bottom