• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

METAL GEAR SOLID Legacy Series Part 1 | ft. David Hayter (History Recap)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Sit back, relax in your cardboard box, and journey through an epic short form history of the origins of the #MetalGearSolid franchise with David Hayter, AKA Solid Snake, as your guide.

MGS Delta related video will be next.

GIuBX1xW8AAQErf

Last edited:

adamsapple

FeralEcho

I'm just happy to see David working in an official capacity in relation to Metal Gear again. It feels like home.
I'm happy to see him too but the home in this case is the childhood home almost at the point of falling apart due to the owner not giving a shit about it for years and years...so I dunno if we should celebrate putting him back in the house as it's about to fall down considering the owner hasn't changed.

FeralEcho

I hope they redo all the voice lines in mgs5 with David Hayter for the next mgs collection. Shouldn’t be too hard to re-record all 5 lines.
And he'll still probably put more work in that than whatever unheard of studio Konami will hire to remaster it....

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I'm happy to see him too but the home in this case is the childhood home almost at the point of falling apart due to the owner not giving a shit about it for years and years...so I dunno if we should celebrate putting him back in the house as it's about to fall down considering the owner hasn't changed.

The real problem is there are no moderates in the Land of the Rising Pachinko Machine. Typical Konami board meeting likely consists of yakuza sex slaves, gigantic fucking rails of cocaine and several turns on the Hideo Kojima Dartboard: A Hideo Kojima Game before unceremoniously deciding they aren't taking enough creative risks so they need to turn their cash cow story focused stealth bread and butter into a multiverse post apocalyptic Zombie survival base building mmo. Shortly after this predictably spontaneously combusts, they decide risks are bad and end up calling a game that's mechanically, storywise and performance wise, identical to it's original, and call it a remake.

It's kind of like cracking open an egg with your hand versus hanging from a ceiling fan suspended by your scrotum. There is, if no other truth in this world, quite a bit of ground you can cover within the boundaries of those two extremes.

Naked Lunch

This reminded me - the port of MGS4 is going to be so terrible - but at least itll finally leave PS3-only.
Hopefully its somewhat playable.

VulcanRaven

This reminded me - the port of MGS4 is going to be so terrible - but at least itll finally leave PS3-only.
Expect the original resolution and 30fps. Or maybe 60? I don't know if the original was capped at 30. I think the only reason 2 and 3 were the remastered versions is because Bluepoint had already done the work in 2011.

Last edited:

RaduN

Expect the original resolution and 30fps. Or maybe 60? I don't know if the original was capped at 30. I think the only reason 2 and 3 were the remastered versions is because Bluepoint had already done the work in 2011.
The fps in 4 is mostly unlocked, so 60 fps is not out of the quastion, though there are some lengthy prerendered cutscenes, which had blurring and noticeable compression artefacts even by '08 standards.
I have no hopes of them messing with the code and doing them realtime for Ps5, but it sure would be amazing (could a ps5 even run those segments in realtime at 60 i wonder...?).

adamsapple

MGS4 ran with an unlocked frame rate. All they have to do is just port it over, the newer systems will power it to a locked 60 FPS. That's the bare minimum and I'll be OK with that lol.

Top Bottom