• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid - The Naked Sample 3DS [N-CONF]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don

infinityBCRT said:
On the latest KP Report, they mentioned that this is not confirmed to be a full game, rather its just a tech demo to show what they can do with the 3DS. It may or may not come out, or they may make an entirely different game.
The more I think about this, the more I kind of hope that they do make a new game instead.

Playing MGS3 in 3D sounded cool at first, but I would rather see what Kojima can do if he built an MGS game from the ground up for the 3DS, making use of the touch screen and 3D capabilities to come up with some interesting gameplay ideas and having boss fights built around those features instead of just trying to add that stuff into MGS3.

I always love when the MGS series makes use of the features available on the system or the actual hardware in unique ways like the psycho mantis stuff in MGS1 (and even the little nods to that stuff with screaming mantis in MGS4), setting your PS2 clock forward against The End in MGS3 and even some of the Sixaxis stuff in MGS4.

-COOLIO- said:
the cartridge sizes are better than i thought theyd be. how big were ds carts?

Yeah and i still wonder why won't they put just regular flash memory in those. 8gb´s for starters should be nice.

And i don't get the Peace Walker hating and the MGS3D insanity praise :D

infinityBCRT said:
On the latest KP Report, they mentioned that this is not confirmed to be a full game, rather its just a tech demo to show what they can do with the 3DS. It may or may not come out, or they may make an entirely different game.

See! I told you so. Nothing is confirmed.

Let's just wait and hope it's indeed a snake eater enhanced port.

danielg1138

Neo Member
Hey, everyone, I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but I just noticed that Amazon has an entry for "Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3DS"... no release date listed, of course, but an MSRP of $35.

I know Amazon isn't really a reliable source on pricing or release dates, but the fact that the entry exists would seem to imply that the game actually exists, and might even be a launch title. We can only hope :)

(Incidentally, this is my first post on GAF, and I'm looking forward to being part of the community.)

danielg1138 said:
Hey, everyone, I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but I just noticed that Amazon has an entry for "Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3DS"... no release date listed, of course, but an MSRP of $35.

I know Amazon isn't really a reliable source on pricing or release dates, but the fact that the entry exists would seem to imply that the game actually exists, and might even be a launch title. We can only hope :)

(Incidentally, this is my first post on GAF, and I'm looking forward to being part of the community.)

Welcome! :D

I seriously hope that we do see the full MGS3(D) port. Plenty of time to see a new MGS game come out after that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom