• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V - "Co-Op Player" command discovered in IDroid GUI Concept video

Yeah! I followed the GameInformer coverage pretty closely
(AIR TIGHT)
that month. The guys covering the game were very knowledgeable regarding the series' lore. I thought it was awesome that the interviewer, Tim Turi, was aware of the confusion regarding Big Boss' coma(s) and asked about it. Many journalists who cover the game either (seemingly) don't know or don't care about the story, which is unfortunate, because it's such an amazing one. Like, even if people aren't fans of the story, I just don't get why people look for loopholes or inconsistencies with MGS when there are gaping holes in games that play it safe and stay on rails. /rant

Tim Turi really did a great job with those features, and was very easy to work with, as well as his coworkers on the digital/social side of things. Excellent coverage and provided nearly 2 weeks worth of content for us. Shame that the blowback on the initial article was the only thing anyone wanted to pay attention to, but I'm glad someone was reading them!

Him and Greg Miller are probably the most passionate journos for MGS, or at least the most passionate I've met.

By the way, I do not like that reddit topic name: "CO-OP CONFIRMED?!?!?!" No, not until someone from Konami or KJP announces it. :|

Alienous

Imagine enlisting a friend to help you extract an objective. You run off to secure the LZ, and as you are sitting in the helicopter giving covering fire your comrade falls. You dash out of the helicopter, "Sorry Boss, the LZ is getting too hot, I have to leave, Morpho out", you sprint to your fellow soldier and throw out a grenade to slow down the incoming enemies. You start resuscitating your friend, mashing the button as quickly as you can. He gets up. You tell the helicopter to land at a secondary LZ. You get in the drivers seat of a jeep, and your friend shoots the pursuing enemies from the back of the vehicle. You both abandon the vehicle while it's still moving. The helicopter isn't here yet, but it'll be here soon. You go back to back, assault rifles out. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Don't see why not. Peace Walker has four-player co-op. In fact much of that game was balanced around co-op.

i really really hope they've learned from that and scale/balance everything based on the number of players. a lot of the vehicle battles are like 2 hour grindfests without co-op

Tim Turi really did a great job with those features, and was very easy to work with, as well as his coworkers on the digital/social side of things. Excellent coverage and provided nearly 2 weeks worth of content for us. Shame that the blowback on the initial article was the only thing anyone wanted to pay attention to, but I'm glad someone was reading them!

Him and Greg Miller are probably the most passionate journos for MGS, or at least the most passionate I've met.

By the way, I do not like that reddit topic name: "CO-OP CONFIRMED?!?!?!" No, not until someone from Konami or KJP announces it. :|

Actually those articles were fantastic, I still have my GI issue with the beautiful cover art from Mr.Shinkawa. Thanks for hiring someone to do articles that read like good and proper journalism instead of a bunch of inane shit.
y8HarMG.jpg

i really really hope they've learned from that and scale/balance everything based on the number of players. a lot of the vehicle battles are like 2 hour grindfests without co-op

Phantom Pain isn't going for the Monster Hunter crowd though, so I don't think this should be a problem.

For story missions, sure.

Side and Extra Ops could have you playing as one of your recruits, and at the highest combat level, they're better than BB.

Yup! I don't even play as Snake, for the most part. I really would love for that to return in TPP -- finding soldiers even more talented than Snake!

I hope it has Co-Op, and I hope it has PS4/PC Cross Play (look at SFV). Otherwise I'm going to have to double dip to play with some friends.

First of all, dayum, that interface is slick... Much more stylish than the Idroid imho.

Second, I think a coop mode would be great, as long as it's not 4 man coop like some of Peace Walker missions. 2 player coop would work great, especially as it would basically be like replacing your support buddy with a real player. I mean, the fact it's an open world makes it even more suited for two player coop... You could plan nice diversions, have a sniper/spotter, have someone infiltrating the base, then the other player runs in with a vehicule for a getaway once the vip is secured by the other player. So many cool possibilities.

My main gripe with Peace Walker's coop was that when you were playing two player infiltration missions, the maps were so small and already so easy to sneak by that having a second set of tranqs made it trivial, while the 4 man bosses were rather meh, especially since you were going to extract all guards anyway to get S rank.

Yup! I don't even play as Snake, for the most part. I really would love for that to return in TPP -- finding soldiers even more talented than Snake!

I played as Antelope. He was a beast with powerful CQC and a roll attack that gives Sonic a run for his money. Oh, and his weapons did more damage to mechs.

He was a green beret, a pro-wrestling maniac and had some engineering skills. But now he's dead, thanks to XOF. :(

Lernaean

Banned
I see TPP becoming my GoAT, and I'm very serious.
It will end up taking a bit more than 10 years but it seems that the gaming industry will finally have a game that surpasses my current GoAT. Guess which one it is :p

I played as Antelope. He was a beast with powerful CQC and a roll attack that gives Sonic a run for his money. Oh, and his weapons did more damage to mechs.

He was a green beret, a pro-wrestling maniac and had some engineering skills. But now he's dead, thanks to XOF. :(

Wow. You know what? As sad as I was about Mother Base taking that L, I never even thought about it like that... :-( Ouch.

Good barometer for how few played it, and that's very few.

Right! Peace Walker didn't sell well, at all. I think Konami moved more copies of Ground Zeroes.

Top Bottom