• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Other M (Wii, Team Ninja x Nintendo) Official Site Opens

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordAlu

Although I don't understand Japanese, I don't need to. I'm more than happy to just sit and listen to that music :)

Ydahs

Three new Nintendo titles have their websites launched and I can't view them...

Why do you torture me, oh 28.8kbps internet :(

eXistor

That doesn't feel like Metroid...at all. Very much looking forward to the finished product though, I'm just afraid that the story is gonna really get in the way of exploration.

Toki767

Wow, and here I was just thinking The Last Story's music was nice to just have on repeat. Music is great for this so far.

Empty

That music is really not Metroid, i mean its really nice, but piano theme for Metroid. Metroid. Well, this game is certainly going to be very interesting.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
This is totally not what I expected from this site when I clicked on it. Coruscant looks amazing. ;)

Can't wait to play this.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
I don't know what to think about the music. It just doesn't suit Metroid for me. It's nice though.

Not Metroid related, but Google Translate on this page brings up this:

3D Super Mario Galaxy 2 』and『 Marioakushongemu the planned sale this year, E3 is the latest in the Zelda and you will visit.

I realise the 'and' might not be right, and that 'Marioakushongemu' might just be a descriptor of Galaxy 2, but if not, is that maybe suggesting another Mario action game is planned for launch this year?

Hero of Canton said:
I realise the 'and' might not be right, and that 'Marioakushongemu' might just be a descriptor of Galaxy 2, but if not, is that maybe suggesting another Mario action game is planned for launch this year?
No it says that the 3D Mario Action Game 'Super Mario Galaxy' is also to be released this year.

Desiato

Beautiful. I'm importing this sucker as soon a it's out in Japan.

She's saying:

"A dream. It's as if I was watching a playback of a tragedy that really happened."

etiolate

Banned
I'm really confused as to the direction of this game. The first trailer made it look like another damned action game with a Metroid skinning. Then here's the website, and it has some sort of Japanese melodrama vibe.

Metroid Killer said:
No it says that the 3D Mario Action Game 'Super Mario Galaxy' is also to be released this year.

Yeah, thought that was more likely. Thanks. I really do need to start learning some Japanese...

Steel Cog

Neo Member
Is it really a good idea to have Samus Aran speaking, fleshing herself out beyond a player character?

I dunno, I luv me some Metroid, and I'll get this, but I expect the worst. :(

(Come on, 2D Metroid!)

Edit: Japanese Samus? Something so wrong about that.

Desiato

Steel Cog said:
Is it really a good idea to have Samus Aran speaking, fleshing herself out beyond a player character?
She did a monologue in Super Metroid, Zero Mission, and had dialogue with Adam and the Galactic Federation in Fusion. Samus talking isn't something new.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
etiolate said:
I'm really confused as to the direction of this game. The first trailer made it look like another damned action game with a Metroid skinning. Then here's the website, and it has some sort of Japanese melodrama vibe.

i'd be more worried if sakamoto weren't over the project.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
slaughterking said:
The mood is so different from te e³ trailer. I wonder where this is going.
Yeah, from the site you just get this feeling that it's going to be like an RPG experience in terms of story.

Steel Cog

Neo Member
Desiato said:
She did a monologue in Super Metroid, Zero Mission, and had dialogue with Adam and the Galactic Federation in Fusion. Samus talking isn't something new.
It's not really about it being a new idea, it's about it being a good idea at all. Metroid Fusion while okay really screwed up the continuity (thus pretty much every Metroid game after that happens all before Fusion.) Samus's dialog with ADAM and self reflection broke the flow of the game.

Guess I shouldn't really see this as a real Metroid game but more of a gaiden-like spinoff.

Much better. :)

(Come on, 2D Metroid!)

Certainly a different vibe from the Prime games. There were, of course, wonderful, but I'm looking forward to seeing this new direction.

This is my most wanted game of the year.

Metroid RPG? I hope so :D

I still think that Other M is an anagram of Mother, and the story will be sort of about Samus' parents and origins.

$200

Banned
Shadow780 said:
someone plz rip the music :O
Done, will upload to youtube soon :D .

Image59.jpg

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cseZuWY_f0M there, you should all know how to download videos as mp3.

This game confuses me. The anime/j-drama cutscenes from e3 sort of downright offended me at some odd level, but now theres soft piano music and mysterious quotes to go alongside OMG SAMUS IS SUPLEXING THAT MUTANT INTO LAVA gameplay.

SuperAngelo64 said:
It looks like this series is finally getting the heart it has been lacking.

Super Metroid's baby Metroid was heartfelt and moving. The plight of the Chozo Civilisation of Talon IV, told through their ruilns and relics, gave the world a tragic depth. Regaining the Power Suit in Zero Mission after being so vulnerable, is a moment of absolute reward and accomplishment.

Games do not need cutscenes, forced story and excess dialogue to have "heart".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom