• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid: Samus Returns' Ending Teases the Future of Metroid (MASSIVE SPOILERS)

What are the chances of Metroid Prime 4 actually being Metroid 5?

If I had to guess I would say not super likely. I get the feeling Nintendo wants to keep 2D Metroid and Prime kind of separated, but it’s certainly possible that Prime 4 could more deeply involve itself with the story of the 2D games than the original trilogy. I’d love to see it happen.

If I had to guess I would say not super likely. I get the feeling Nintendo wants to keep 2D Metroid and Prime kind of separated, but it’s certainly possible that Prime 4 could more deeply involve itself with the story of the 2D games than the original trilogy. I’d love to see it happen.

Me too. I would be really happy if the events of Prime 4 were set after the events of Fusion.

emb

For all we know, Metroid 4 might not even be called Metroid Prime 4.
Metroid 4 was called Metroid Fusion. :p

I think they'll keep the Prime in the title, and just drop the number for a subtitle. After an initial 3 games, seems more common to do that. Then again, their big teaser did very prominently feature the number.

Siyou

Played the game for about 2 hours last night. I don't like the controls and the graphics look like garbage. I'm incredibly disappointed with the game coming from being a big fan of the series. :/

wwm0nkey

Played the game for about 2 hours last night. I don't like the controls and the graphics look like garbage. I'm incredibly disappointed with the game coming from being a big fan of the series. :/

Dump the cart if able and play with an Xbox controller on Citra in HD. I can't go back to the 3DS version after playing it like that lol

yuoke

Banned
Metroid 4 was called Metroid Fusion. :p

I think they'll keep the Prime in the title, and just drop the number for a subtitle. After an initial 3 games, seems more common to do that. Then again, their big teaser did very prominently feature the number.
If they don't have 4 in the main title, it would hurt sales a lot, and confuse people to make some think it's just another spinoff.

Kyuur

Finally I can go into this thread. It's been taunting me since the game released.

Thought I finished with 100% all areas but I didn't see these images. :/

Very cool though. Can't wait to see what they do with Prime 4.

dankir

Can finally read this thread, I just beat the game at 100% A few minutes ago.

For sure there's a Fusion remake coming. Or something post Metroid Fusion? We don't know where Prime 4 stands timeline wise.

Samus is back thigh fellas.

Top Bottom