• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid: Zero Mission and Punch Out Wii on the EU EShop this week

NOA pls

Hopefully this is the sign. Zero Mission in NA WiiU VC, Metroid 5 on 3DS, new 3D Metroid game (Doesn't have to be a Prime 4, guys), and new legitimate double-cannon Samus DLC.

why did I say DLC

Jofamo

Finally! but I have a question about Zero Mission:

Does the game control the same as Super Metroid?

Super Metroid is the only 2D Metroid I've played so far and I really hated how jumping felt in the game. It felt kind of "unresponsive". Don't know how to describe it.

The controls in Zero Mission are tight. They're perfect, totally responsive and weighty. A great blend of speed and power.

Zero Mission is my absolute favourite Metroid game, and was the fourth I ever played (after Fusion, Prime and Prime 2). Going back to Super Metroid after playing Zero Mission, the floatiness of Super really stuck out to me. Things like Space Jumping and having to manually hold a button to run stick out like a sore thumb. I understand that at the time, Super Metroid was on another level, but I'm of the opinion that Zero Mission is a much better, well rounded and polished game.

Boney

Banned
tumblr_nkjyc0nHsS1tsbcf1o1_250.gif
Oh god i love this

The controls in Zero Mission are tight. They're perfect, totally responsive and weighty. A great blend of speed and power.

Zero Mission is my absolute favourite Metroid game, and was the fourth I ever played (after Fusion, Prime and Prime 2). Going back to Super Metroid after playing Zero Mission, the floatiness of Super really stuck out to me. Things like Space Jumping and having to manually hold a button to run stick out like a sore thumb. I understand that at the time, Super Metroid was on another level, but I'm of the opinion that Zero Mission is a much better, well rounded and polished game.

This sounds promising!

I enjoyed Super Metroid but the controls were a big downside for me. The floatiness, performing several quick jumps after another, sometimes wouldn't react to a button press, getting the right height and jumping in quicksand really hurt my experience with this game. So I hope Zero Mission will feature much tighter controls!

This. Metroid Fusion exists on 3DS right now. Limiting Zero Mission to Wii U is ridiculous.
Ok so let me get this straight:
GB games are on 3DS VC but not on WiiU.
Some GBA games are on WiiU and some are on 3DS? Or what do you mean by that? Nintendo surely can't be that stupid as to make Fusion 3DS VC only and then Zero Mission a WiiU VC only right?

I also don't see any reason why GB games couldn't be on WiiU and why not NES and SNES VC games couldn't be on 3DS.

Also; what the actual fuck is Nintendo thinking by offering only the inferior GBA version of the sublime Yoshi's Island but not the SNES one on VC? That shit is unacceptable.

JazzmanZ

Ok so let me get this straight:
GB games are on 3DS VC but not on WiiU.
Some GBA games are on WiiU and some are on 3DS? Or what do you mean by that? Nintendo surely can't be that stupid as to make Fusion 3DS VC only and then Zero Mission a WiiU VC only right?

I also don't see any reason why GB games couldn't be on WiiU and why not NES and SNES VC games couldn't be on 3DS.

Also; what the actual fuck is Nintendo thinking by offering only the inferior GBA version of the sublime Yoshi's Island but not the SNES one on VC? That shit is unacceptable.

You seem to be the type who thinks video games can be made in a few weeks and are done with.

GBA Games were part of an ambassador program when the 3DS was released, there hasn't been any new ones since.
Those GBA Ambassador games use a trick based on the DS program like you played a GBA game on a DS phat.

These games don't have all the features the Gameboy and NES games do on the eshop which includes Save states and sleep mode, so playing GBA games will just eat battery if you close the lid.

The GBA Yoshi island was chosen because the emulation for the SNES version is glitchy as hell in regards to some graphic effects, why else hadn't we seen it or Starfox since the Wii VC?

You seem to be the type who thinks video games can be made in a few weeks and are done with.

GBA Games were part of an ambassador program when the 3DS was released, there hasn't been any new ones since.
Those GBA Ambassador games use a trick based on the DS program like you played a GBA game on a DS phat.

These games don't have all the features the Gameboy and NES games do on the eshop which includes Save states and sleep mode, so playing GBA games will just eat battery if you close the lid.

The GBA Yoshi island was chosen because the emulation for the SNES version is glitchy as hell in regards to some graphic effects, why else hadn't we seen it or Starfox since the Wii VC?
Goes to show how shortsighted was Nintendo when developing the 3DS and WiiU hardware so different from each other.

In theory there should never be a problem for a machine like the 3DS to run SNES games. And I'm not even getting into the whole "I bought this VC title for WiiU but I have to buy it again if I want to play it on 3DS" if cross play is even a possibility to begin with.

And about Yoshi's Island: that a load of bullshit. 15 years ago I played a perfect version of the game on a PC emulator, how in the name of all that is holy can't a Nintendo console from 2012 not run a perfect port of a 1995 SNES game? I don't care they claim it's tricky or has bugs. Fact is in 2015 a Nintendo modern console is struggling to run a 2D platformer from 20 years ago.

What a joke.

Do we get the promo price on Punch Out? Is it the Wii one?
It is the Wii one. No launch discount (Kirby's Adventure Wii didn't get it either...I'd have much rather than than DKCR getting it) so stick with buying a disc version for ~€10 rather than this for €20.

What is interesting in Japan is many Wii games seem to get 30% discount for first week (some don't) rather than the 50% off first 3 games we in the West got.

There are thoughts there might be rights issues* regarding the Super FX chip (as it was not developed by Nintendo but the defunct Argonaut). Apparently the patents will expire soon.

*-If you want an example of these, take Nobody Lives forever or some of the older Duke Nukem games.

ChaosXVI

I'm still bummed all to hell that we may never see a proper re-release of the SNES version of Yoshi's Island...yeah the GBA version is acceptable, but the colors are slightly off and some of the more awesome graphical effects didn't transfer over...

...and don't even get me started on the soundtrack.

"Since the Wii VC"?

Try since the originals. Neither of those games have ever been re-released in their SNES forms.

Top Bottom