• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MF Doom and Ghostface Killah new single RAY GUN official video

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2187

Banned
it's apparently a single from G.F.K. & BADBADNOTGOOD’s Sour Soul an upcoming album.

BADBADNOTGOOD-and-Ghostface-Killah-Ray-Gun-video-608x294.jpg

http://ambrosiaforheads.com/2015/01...e-turns-into-a-grindhouse-movie-visual-video/

You can watch it here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-ts=1421914688&x-yt-cl=84503534&v=6YW_RqTuZMw

Helmholtz

Didn't care for the video, but the track is pretty nice. DOOM definitely sounds weird on it though, but it's not necessarily a bad change. Maybe accompanies Ghost's tone of voice better?
Really looking forward to this album. I dig the full band instrumentation that I've heard so far. And those are two of my favorite MCs.
Speaking of, when the hell is Madvillainy 2 coming out? I've been waiting forever!
Probably never. I mean, it's been what, over 10 years? I think if DOOM cared it would have happened by now. I'd love to be proven wrong though. But honestly, I'm hoping that DOOMSTARKS album happens this year like Ghostface said it would on his AMA.

riotous

Banned
Best came in was dope... Is that Ghost on the first verse? Totally off beat with terrible flow... Ruined it for me.

Speaking of, when the hell is Madvillainy 2 coming out? I've been waiting forever!
At this point let it rest. Madlib and Doom have gone on to do so much, I would love a collab of some sort but Honestly Madvillany was the sweet spot for both of them. Doom doesn't flow that he did before, so I doubt it would rank up there with the og.

esms

Probably never. I mean, it's been what, over 10 years? I think if DOOM cared it would have happened by now. I'd love to be proven wrong though. But honestly, I'm hoping that DOOMSTARKS album happens this year like Ghostface said it would on his AMA.

It will never happen, and that makes me sad.

Gonna be packaged with Detox from what I hear.
Any day now.

At this point let it rest. Madlib and Doom have gone on to do so much, I would love a collab of some sort but Honestly Madvillany was the sweet spot for both of them. Doom doesn't flow that he did before, so I doubt it would rank up there with the og.

Soon. It'll be packaged in with Cannibal Ox's next album

last i heard it's bundled with Heltah Skeltah & De La Rocha's solo

b769e5c99f9441e5bfd96687128eff71a75ba76a37fcd4193a5b3d109c107ec4.jpg

Rell

Didn't care for the song - music video is fantastic though.

I really want to like MF Doom, but it doesn't click for me. Project Doomsday is pretty good, Food is unique but not something I'd listen to with any regularity, Take Me To Your Leader is alright (but the samples are stellar).

I really liked his verses in November Has Come.

Damn this beat is really great

Dunno if I'm used to new Ghostface voice even though 36 Seasons was good

word, I loved Ghostface's flamboyant voice/delivery from the Supreme Clientele era. I also think that MF DOOM sounded best during KMD - Black Bastards, he still sounded young/aggressive but with the right amount of fluency.

word, I loved Ghostface's flamboyant voice/delivery from the Supreme Clientele era. I also think that MF DOOM sounded best during KMD - Black Bastards, he still sounded young/aggressive but with the right amount of fluency.

Yea I love his KMD era, fucking packs a punch with his word but still has a smoothness to it.

Doomsday is my favorite, kinda a mixture of all his stuff, quick, witty, sharp.

Viktor Vaughn is probably his tightest and sharpest.

Madvillan is his smooth, and clever. The most chill.

The album has been done though. Madlib is still holding it. Is what he does... It'll drop one day out of the blue. One day...

Source: http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/lectures/doom_lecture

esms

Yea I love his KMD era, fucking packs a punch with his word but still has a smoothness to it.

Doomsday is my favorite, kinda a mixture of all his stuff, quick, witty, sharp.

Viktor Vaughn is probably his tightest and sharpest.

Madvillan is his smooth, and clever. The most chill.

I've always appreciated Viktor Vaughn and King Geedorah more than MF DOOM himself. His personas lend themselves to much more interesting lyrics.

Dereck

The album has been done though. Madlib is still holding it. Is what he does... It'll drop one day out of the blue. One day...

Source: http://www.redbullmusicacademy.com/lectures/doom_lecture
It doesn't matter if it's done, it doesn't matter if it's 75% done, but what does matter is that it does not exist. Saying it's complete means nothing to me, or anyone if they can't hear it. So, in actuality, the album does not exist, and in reality, it most likely won't, ever.

It doesn't matter if it's done, it doesn't matter if it's 75% done, but what does matter is that it does not exist. Saying it's complete means nothing to me, or anyone if they can't hear it. So, in actuality, the album does not exist, and in reality, it most likely won't, ever.
I feel you on that. I have to force myself to not think about it.

I've always appreciated Viktor Vaughn and King Geedorah more than MF DOOM himself. His personas lend themselves to much more interesting lyrics.
King Geedorah > Madvillain > Dangerdoom > DOOM > Vik Vaughn > JJ Doom > KMD (Zev Love X)

Truant

This is hella crazy. I've been internet friends with BBNGs keyboard player since 2007. We used to hang out at a Mars Volta forum back in the day. Seeing this guy playing with his heroes and living the dream is just awesome. They're incredibly talented.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom