• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV Server Issues: Who has them, who doesn't?

jobrro

1. Has been working intermittently, sometimes works for a couple hours at a time. Haven't got as far as FOB stuff, so only used online for save import and daily rewards so far.
2. PS4
3. Not sure, think like a generic 'server can not be reached' message
4. Australia
5. Most of the time it's fine, though have had it hang for maybe 20 seconds a couple times

Could connect once on launch day afternoon and just now a couple of hours ago only. Rest has been impossible. Still down right now.

PS3 here.

Floody

1) Yes, but get disconnected occasionally.
2)PS4
3)None
4)EU/UK
5)Sometimes, mostly when clicking on the staff management menu or Resource one.

GeeTeeCee

1. I can usually connect, but the game will boot me back to offline mode after a certain amount of time.
2. PS4
3. Generic connection lost message
4. UK
5. Yes

NateDog

Quick question (sorry if it was asked before), has anyone actually been able to hold onto a connection (or been able to connect at all) for long enough to do an FOB PvP battle?

Questions
1. Can you get into Online Mode in MGSV The Phantom Pain? Yes, but currently no (maintenance)
2. Which platform are you on? PC
3 What error are you getting (if any)? Disconnected/cannot connect to server/maintenance
4. What region are you playing in? Southeast Asia
5. If you can connect, does Online Mode make the iDroid menu slow? Yes, menu slow in online mode

I managed to get online for like 7 hours yesterday after the maintenance. But on the first day, staying online is pretty hard as the server disconnects me once in a while.

Qblivion

I'm on ps4 and I can occasionally get online but it usually boots me after 15 minutes or so. but today for the first time I was able to stay connected for at least an hour

duckroll

Past two days I've been able to get online all the time on PC. But I disconnect manually pretty often because it causes all sorts of loading slowdowns and iDroid annoyances, presumably because each time it fails to communicate with the server it gets stuck in a loop.

Winter John

Gold Member
Actually got the daily bonus for logging on yesterday. Then it crashed 10 minutes later and stayed offline. Thank God the online thing just seems to be a filthy pay to win pile of nonsense that I'll never bother with

1. Can you get into Online Mode in MGSV The Phantom Pain?

Yes, though not consistently.

2. Which platform are you on? (PS4, XONE,PC)

PS4

3 What error are you getting (if any)?

Just connection errors which log me off.

4. What region are you playing in?

NZ

5. If you can connect, does Online Mode make the iDroid menu slow?

Yes, often laughably slow and at the worst possible time (it'll just lock up when trying to use it mid-mission).

My guess is this is another DriveClub style situation, where they pull in a ton of data from each player (hence the slowdown in the iDroid while online) and had poor infrastructure, so their servers crumble underneath the strain.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Connecting iDroid stuff to the server-calls is one of the most laughably inept things I've seen in something wanting to be an "always online" game. Amazing when so many in-mission drops and tactics require its use, doesn't pause, and so if you get in a server-call loop you're fucked.

Maybe not as worse as DRIVECLUB as that was integral to the core game, but its ensured MGSV doesn't have an online component for me. Can't help but think if the MGO servers are the same as the MGSV FOB stuff, it too is totally fucked.

At the next GDC can there be a really rather comprehensive all caps "DONT EVER LET YOUR GAME'S DESIGN SERVER CALL EVERY FUCKING SECOND, JESUS CHRIST?" seminar please.

Forkball

I don't get the point of having the iDroid tied to the online features. It slows menus to a crawl sometimes.

Honestly the online features are nonexistant before you get FOBs. They're only there to hinder you.

Macrotus

Can't help but think if the MGO servers are the same as the MGSV FOB stuff, it too is totally fucked.

I have the same feeling.

At the next GDC can there be a really rather comprehensive all caps "DONT EVER LET YOUR GAME'S DESIGN SERVER CALL EVERY FUCKING SECOND, JESUS CHRIST?" seminar please.

Wasn't this the case with the PS4 OS?
Always communicating with the PSN servers which puts loads of stress on the servers.
With MGS5, you have users from 5 platforms all accessing Konami servers...
Even if Konami managed to get more servers up and running like Sony did,
I'm not sure if that would even resolve this issue cause its not just people from PS4.
You have users from 4 other platforms and this game sold a sh*t ton.

I'm really worried for MGO.

Dynasty8

So it seems like every FOB I try to infiltrate already has another player already infiltrating. Can't connect to anyone.

teokrazia

Yup, since a couple of days, maybe three

PC

-

Southern Europe

Yep, and sometimes is really annoying

TheBear

1. Can you get into Online Mode in MGSV The Phantom Pain? - sometimes
2. Which platform are you on? (PS4, XONE,PC) - PS4
3 What error are you getting (if any)? - no idea just doesn't work
4. What region are you playing in? - aus
5. If you can connect, does Online Mode make the iDroid menu slow? - fuck yes it does

Also, can anyone get the iDroid app to work? On the odd occasion I can connect I always try the app and it never works.

Hasney

So PS4 was working fairly smooth all day yesterday. Occasionally, I'd get a "network features are not available" message while already logged on and disconnecting and trying to reconnect would fail, but restarting the entire application would let me connect again.

Segaswirl

1) No, never been able to connect since getting the game on the 28th.
2) Xbox One
3) A combination of 10003, 10013 and the server being down for maintenance. (10003 as of right now).
4) UK

Lebneney

Banned

Occasionally.

PS4

Error Code: 10012

Southwestern United States

Occasionally.

Never, despite many attempts.

Xbox One

Failed to log in to server.
You will not be able to use online features. (10003)

United States

Hypron

Yes, though not consistently.

PS4

Just connection errors which log me off.

NZ

Yes, often laughably slow and at the worst possible time (it'll just lock up when trying to use it mid-mission).

My guess is this is another DriveClub style situation, where they pull in a ton of data from each player (hence the slowdown in the iDroid while online) and had poor infrastructure, so their servers crumble underneath the strain.

I live in NZ too and that's pretty much my experience.

Well, the severs were also in maintenance a couple of times at 8pm which is pretty annoying.

Fotos

Xbox One

United States

Exactly me

NukeLaser

Xbox One

United States

This sums it up pretty good. A few days ago, instead of the 10003 I got "Server Maintenance", but it has since gone back to the 10003. This is really lame.

1. Yes and seems to work mostly without problem, though does disconnect sometimes (I didn't play on launch though)
2. PS4
3. just the usual lost connection error
4. EU
5. It slows when you try to switch to mother base stuff (I assume its connecting to the online dispatch mission data etc)

Is anyone using the companion app though? I tried it out recently and its actually really great when it works - but it took me a lot of tries to get it to work and it disconnects quite a lot.

Its really good when it works properly though. Its legitimately one of the few companion apps I would actually have open while I play a game - for those who can try it out (you may want to download the high res maps though)

I started the game a few hours ago, and it said that the servers were down for maintenance. I had to play in offline mode - not that I really care, because I'm bad at these games and it's not as if I care to challenge others' scores.

W.S.

1) Nope can't get online
2) Xbox One
3) 10003 error
4) U.S. (East)
5) Not applicable

This has been annoying since I haven't been able to import my save from Ground Zeroes for a week or so straight. With this and the stuttering bug combined I hope Konami get both of these things get addressed.

Tarahiro

Never
Xbox One
Not Sure
England

My friend on the other side of the country can seem to connect though :s he is Xbox one too. Well, he managed to get his GZ stuff into phantom pain anyway. I haven't been able to yet.

Top Bottom