• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Michael Bay Announces Departure from the 'Transformers' Franchise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timu

I hope he sticks to his word. This series deserves better after what he did with Revenge of the Fallen, Dark of the Moon, and Age of Extinction.

Every time Bay does this, I think he's just justifying not coming back if the next movie flops. But seeing as Age of Extinction (which was hot garbage) grossed over a billion worldwide, I'm sure the Last Knight will do well enough for Bay to return yet again.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Every time Bay does this, I think he's just justifying not coming back if the next movie flops. But seeing as Age of Extinction (which was hot garbage) grossed over a billion worldwide, I'm sure the Last Knight will do well enough for Bay to return yet again.

The sequels have made progressively less money domestically each time. I'm interested to see if the trend continues with this one, because that would be a pretty notable shortfall, even if international box office makes up for it in the long run.

G-Fex

The sequels have made progressively less money domestically each time. I'm interested to see if the trend continues with this one, because that would be a pretty notable shortfall, even if international box office makes up for it in the long run.

I wish this would be the one that sinks and dies at the box office.

But alas...

but keeping him on the Transformers forever keeps him out of the rest of the movie industry. We finally had him walled off into his own little corner where he could minimize the damage done to cinema as an artform, now that he's out... there's no telling what the man is capable of.

About time. Maybe the next guy will do something not based on US military wankery.

large.jpg

THANK THE LORD.

Maybe now we can actually get a rebooted franchise with some good movies before Cullen and Weller can't do it anymore.

Monocle

I mean, OK. I always saw these films as entirely separate from the rest of the TF franchise. You've got a game like Transformers: Devastation that celebrates the vibrant world and style of G1, and then you've got Bayformers, with its grim self-seriousness, iffy humor, big stupid set pieces, and TF designs that look like a monster truck took a row of monster dumps and the lord granted them life. Really the only good thing I can think to say about Bayformers is the original movie was quite decent and had a great score.

The trailer for The Last Knight is intriguing, at least. Curious to see where it goes. Maybe a spoiler:
Unicron? Hope so. And I hope he turns into a giant robot.

Dabanton

They already have multiple movies planned out. The Bayverse is here to stay.

Exactly, people thinking this changes anything or there will be rebooting, get ready to cry.

These films make a ridiculous amounts of money. They won't be tweaking the formula.

Zack Snyder, the time has come.
This would be a fitting pairing. Just let two awful elements play off each other and keep them occupied until the death of the universe.

If you want to turn this series around, give it to Brad Bird. Cut the grimdark shit, and just make a charming adventure flick. Is that too much to ask?

jstripes

Banned
I can safely say that there’s never been a Transformers film with the huge visual scope and expansive mythology as this movie, The Last Knight.

So what you're saying is that I won't be able to follow this thing at all.

Soapbox Killer

Grand Nagus
Will I hear "You got the touch" in this film? No? Then I don't give a shit who directs this mess.

I'll see it opening weekend and buy the Blu Ray, I am the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom