• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft announces renewed Trademark for "Killer Instinct"

Probably means absolutely nothing.

BUT STILL...

HYPE

ikDivZNNE3PHV.gif

thanks for this :)

...i...i was gonna say something.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
They wouldn't brag about the renewed rights, especially on their own XBLA website, if it wasn't at the minimum a remake/collection.

charsace

If they remake any of the games it should be the first 1. KI2 is one of the worst fighting games ever made. Broke as hell and not in a good, MvC2 way.

VerTiGo

Banned
Rare is dead. HD remakes is good news but.... It makes me sad thinking what a sequel could turn out. Hopefully not another Nuts and Bolts clusterfuck.

They will never make a KI3. The last people who worked on it on Rare have long since left. There's literally no one remaining left there who worked on any killer instinct, so Rare will certainly never make a sequel.

Microsoft does not care about fighting games, and is perfectly content to let Sony have all the exclusives they want when it comes to that genre, so XBLA re-releases will be as good as we'll ever get.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
So what are the chances that this means Rare is working on an actual NEW Killer Instinct?

And what are the chances that said game (if it happens) is actually good?

Including the possibility that this doesn't actually mean a KI is coming, I refuse to get my hopes up.

Izick

Meanwhile, at Rare:

Fz6am.gif

"When do we get to make real games again?"

"Shut up and do what your told! More Kinect! More dashboard! Your punishment for Perfect Dark Zero will never be over!"

charsace

Okay, we GET IT.

I'm posting in here because I'm a huge fan of KI1 and still fire it up from time to time. KI1 was a fluke. It was a great game, but a fluke. Because the other KI games after it were complete garbage. Terrible to the point that you couldn't believe the same company made KI1 and the other games. It would be like Capcom making Street Fighter 2 and then making Rise of the Robots 1 and 2 levels of bad sequels.

Top Bottom