• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Announces Windows 10

Microsoft Employee #1 Our new OS is Windows 10. Look, right across the board, ten, ten, ten and...
Microsoft Employee #2 Oh, I see. And most OS' only go to 9
Microsoft Employee #1 Exactly.
Microsoft Employee #2 Does that mean it's better ? Is it any better?
Microsoft Employee #1 Well, it's one better, isn't it? It's not nine. You see, most blokes, you know, will install nine. You're on nine here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on nine on your laptop. Where can you go from there? Where?
Microsoft Employee #2 I don't know.
Microsoft Employee #1 Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Microsoft Employee #2 Call it Windows 10?
Microsoft Employee #1 Exactly. One better
Microsoft Employee #2 Why don't you make nine better and make that the new OS?
Microsoft Employee #1 [pause] Our OS is now Windows 10

windex-300x300.jpg
WindX would be ideal.

Cleaning the tiles stink for good.

StuBurns

Banned
Microsoft Employee #1 Our new OS is Windows 10. Look, right across the board, ten, ten, ten and...
Microsoft Employee #2 Oh, I see. And most OS' only go to 9
Microsoft Employee #1 Exactly.
Microsoft Employee #2 Does that mean it's better ? Is it any better?
Microsoft Employee #1 Well, it's one better, isn't it? It's not nine. You see, most blokes, you know, will install nine. You're on nine here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on nine on your laptop. Where can you go from there? Where?
Microsoft Employee #2 I don't know.
Microsoft Employee #1 Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?
Microsoft Employee #2 Call it Windows 10?
Microsoft Employee #1 Exactly. One better
Microsoft Employee #2 Why don't you make nine better and make that the new OS?
Microsoft Employee #1 [pause] Our OS is now Windows 10

I thought the accidentally leaving eleven in made it funnier.

Goddamn. Nintendo still takes the crown for poorly-named products in general, but microsoft puts up a good fight with its willful rebellion against the confines of numbers.

rtcn63

It's gonna be a new coke thing where ten will end up disappointing, and MS releasing the already-prepared Windows 9 to save the day.

orava

I hope i can use that full screen start screen in desktop/mouse mode too.

Also, what's so hard to understand about that naming?

fedexpeon

Banned
VRG_1080.0.jpg

I want to throw up...That is A HUGE BAR!
I don't understand why MS can't understand that people like folders on top of folders for organization.

Could somebody explain to me why people have such an attachment to the Start menu? What does it do that the Start screen doesn't do better?

Thank god. I hate the Windows 8 layout, it's complicated more than anything.

But it really isn't complicated at all. Once you clear out all the stuff you don't use, it just becomes a nice, clean screen with quick access to all the programs you use, and it's only one key or click away.

I feel like people who complain about the Start screen have never actually used it.

Top Bottom