• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft CEO Comments On Xbox Games Coming To PlayStation/Switch

Draugoth

Gold Member
xbox-series-x-ps5.jpg

In a bid to make more money and expand Xbox's reach, Microsoft is bringing more games to PlayStation and Nintendo Switch, and this is part of a wider strategy.

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella addressed this during the company's latest earnings briefing, saying Microsoft is:

Committed to meeting players where they are. Microsoft will do this by bringing great games to more people on more devices

The executive said, as reported by VGC.

(via Gamespot)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I don’t know why but I really want to play Halo 3 on the Switch. Even though that would, objectively, be a worse experience than just playing on the Xbox. I still want to.

Kinda like how I needed to buy Sonic Advance just to experience Sega on a Nintendo console. Maybe this all stems from that fake(?) Halo DS game leak from a while back…

FUBARx89

People harp on Phil but I think Nadella is just as bad.

Not even close lol. Spencer had to convince Nadella not to shut down the Xbox brand around the Xbox One launch and he hasn't really got shit to show for it, despite getting plenty of money to throw at the problem.

Xbox's problem is Spencer & Co. Nadellas problem in it has been letting Spencer & co have free reign. Should of sacked the lot of them.

Last edited:

Tfault

Also Nadella stated:

Finally, we’re expanding our games to new platforms, bringing four of our fan-favorite titles to Nintendo Switch and Sony PlayStation for the first time.

In fact, earlier this month, we had 7 games among the top 25 on the PlayStation store, more than any other publisher.

OK

Now lets see Halo

There is hope since he seems happy with the PlayStation store position.

Unknown?

Not even close lol. Spencer had to convince Nadella not to shut down the Xbox brand around the Xbox One launch and he hasn't really got shit to show for it, despite getting plenty of money to throw at the problem.

Xbox's problem is Spencer & Co. Nadellas problem in it has been letting Spencer & co have free reign. Should of sacked the lot of them.
Yes and he fell for Phil's bad plan, not a sign of good leadership.

Topher

Gold Member
Eh.....just to be clear, Nadella did not say this:

"Committed to meeting players where they are. Microsoft will do this by bringing great games to more people on more devices"

He said this:

"We are committed to meeting players where they are by bringing great games to more people on more devices."

Basically the same thing, but I don't get why journalists feel the need to reword quotes.

Last edited:

intbal

"Committed to meeting players where they are. Microsoft will do this by bringing great games to more people on more devices"

He said this:

"We are committed to meeting players where they are by bringing great games to more people on more devices."

Basically the same thing, but I don't get why journalists feel the need to reword quotes.

It's a time honored media tactic.
Introduce imprecisions that then become more imprecise when other media do the same thing with the already-manipulated information.
Eventually, they can twist "recorded facts" to be anything they want them to be.

FUBARx89

Yes and he fell for Phil's bad plan, not a sign of good leadership.

You're right, it's bad he's fallen for whatever snake oil he's sold him.

At least he's finally said enough is enough and forced Xbox to do whatever it's doing now.

Spencer & Booty both need telling to fuck off now and bring someone in who will get their studios working and putting out games, but wether he will or not is a different matter.

Personally, if I fucked up at my job that badly and the head of my company had to sort it out. I'd resign immediately.

Unknown?

You're right, it's bad he's fallen for whatever snake oil he's sold him.

At least he's finally said enough is enough and forced Xbox to do whatever it's doing now.

Spencer & Booty both need telling to fuck off now and bring someone in who will get their studios working and putting out games, but wether he will or not is a different matter.

Personally, if I fucked up at my job that badly and the head of my company had to sort it out. I'd resign immediately.
Yes but too many buffet's to try out before resigning. XD

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
We know that 30% of Microsoft games will be multiplatform especially its non gears and halo games, one of them will be Forza (good roster if cars).

Viperbah

This approach makes sense to me if microsoft's next console(s) will be more pc-like, no point in holding any exclusives to the Xbox platform in taking that path.

I would imagine that one of the reasons would be Sony would likely block their pc games on MS's future console if they held on to a number of exclusives.

Banjo64

cumsessed
People harp on Phil but I think Nadella is just as bad.
Nadella is fine. In fact he’s good. The complete opposite of Phil who speaks out of the sides of his mouth.

Nadella is happily making everything multi platform. He doesn’t care about ‘spending Sony out of business’ or acquiring Nintendo for ‘a career moment’.

As long as the numbers look good he’s happy.

And this is the most exciting direction Microsoft have took gaming in the last 15 years. If I want to support a developer like Rare I can do on Nintendo or Sony’s platform, because I’ll never do it on an Xbox.

XXL

This approach makes sense to me if microsoft's next console(s) will be more pc-like, no point in holding any exclusives to the Xbox platform in taking that path.

I would imagine that one of the reasons would be Sony would likely block their pc games on MS's future console if they held on to a number of exclusives.
An Xbox PC will be a complete failure.

They have less of a chance of drawing people away from Steam than they do drawing people away from Playstation and they have no chance of drawing people away from Playstation at this point.

The market is set imo.

Nintendo - Handhelds
Playstation- Consoles
PC - Steam

These are the winners (through competition) of each domain.

And I think the market will be better for it in the end.

tr1p1ex

gotta do what you gotta do.

Nintendo would do the same thing. So would Sony. And actually Sony is already putting their games on another platform.

And don't really see a difference to an Xbox user between timed exclusives and exclusives assuming the timed part is long enough. IF a game releases 2 years later on another platform then who cares. AT least for the most part.

Last edited:

onQ123

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
They've been saying this for some time.
This could mean older games, this could mean all games day one, this could mean timed xbox exclusives. Nobody knows exactly what they are going to do, except this with a time machine or insider info.

Topher

Gold Member
When I asked if Gamepass was going to push publishers away from Xbox I didn't think it would be Microsoft 👀

GbGaKNJ.png

It didn't though.

yazenov

Satya Nadella gets it. His main priority is to make the shareholders happy, not the fanboys like Phil.

So much money left on the table by not releasing their games on PlayStation and Nintendo. Their hardware is dead so they don't have any choice but to release their games on more fertile grounds.

Their small multiplatform experiment proved worthwhile and passed with flying colors. Open the floodgates.

King Dazzar

He said this:

Useful. Its subtle but the real quote is actually more weighted/impactful for me.

They've been saying this for some time.
This could mean older games, this could mean all games day one, this could mean timed xbox exclusives. Nobody knows exactly what they are going to do, except this with a time machine or insider info.
I would expect they are considering anything with which it is going to be commercially beneficial. Simple as that.

Satya Nadella gets it. His main priority is to make the shareholders happy, not the fanboys like Phil.

So much money left on the table by not releasing their games on PlayStation and Nintendo. Their hardware is dead so they don't have any choice but to release their games on more fertile grounds.

Their small multiplatform experiment proved worthwhile and passed with flying colors. Open the floodgates.
I’d rather play Indiana Jones on Ps5 🤷

If they can't make decent sales numbers on their own hardware, what choice do they have? They must desperately want GP on PS and Switch.

Topher

Gold Member
Its not your money, who cares how rich they are. Do you play games or money?

Number 1 tech company in the world can't deliver good games on a consistent basis to save its life (to save its platform)

He is referring to Nadella, not Spencer.

Top Bottom