• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Crosses 10 million Xbox 360s Shipped,Announces Xbox 360 Can Be IPTV Set-Top

Azih

10 million sold before PS3 launched.. WORLDWIDE hur hur hur

Of course if they said 'In gamers hands' then MS has three months to get to 10 million SOLD TO GAMERS before PS3 launches in Europe.

painey

well they only missed their original target by a month and a bit which is impressive considering it looked like they would miss it by a country mile. It will be interesting to see how long it takes the others to hit 10m.. i would be suprised if he PS3 hits 5m by Nov 07

shpankey

not an idiot
AniHawk said:
Branduil said:
I thought they originally said their goal was to sell 10 million within 1 year?
It was 10 million before the competition launched.

But hey, who's keeping track OF THEIR LIES
I don't get it, how is having a goal and not quite making it mean they "lied" about it?

I have a goal for many things in life, and if I don't reach those goals doesn't mean I lied.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I wonder where the 2 million "shipped" are. In the retail channel?

I'm thinking that you've got 5 something million in NA, 3 at the most in Europe, and we all know Japan...with other regions, you've got maybe 9 total (generously?). Probably in the channel?

BigBoss

shpankey said:
I don't get it, how is having a goal and not quite making it mean they "lied" about it?

I have a goal for many things in life, and if I don't reach those goals doesn't mean I lied.

If its a lie when Sony does it then its also a lie when MS does the same thing.

hadareud

The Translator
Y2Kevbug11 said:
should be, since Bach confirmed that to MS shipped means shipped to retail.

WW 1.5 to 2.5 million sitting on shelves doesn't seem that exaggerated I guess.

_Angelus_

Banned
Gaf hates this news. Looks at all the stealth trolling going on.

:lol

Now shipped was always deemed more than ok when a certain other company did it. Now the forum has been turned upside down when *the bad guy* does it.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Y2Kevbug11 said:

I'm thinking that you've got 5 something million in NA, 3 at the most in Europe, and we all know Japan...with other regions, you've got maybe 9 total (generously?). Probably in the channel?
I'm telling you it's India.

WarLox

we're sold out of 360s currently at my bestbuy.. .we had 400+ at the begining of Dec. including ~200 bundles... now we're down to 2 cores... which to most most people thats looking for one... we're sold out :lol

Mau ®

Its because they're breaking down!11!!!!1one

Seriously, good for the 360. I have one and its awesome and I expect it to sell more.

More games FTW!!

rs7k

I'm surprised there's no Sony doom talk considering this is GAF.

IPTV could be a huge deal, but probably not anytime soon.

AniHawk

shpankey said:

The last three letters were in caps to let you know I was joking. I considered putting them in spoiler tags too. :p

Dirtbag

AniHawk said:
The last three letters were in caps to let you know I was joking. I considered putting them in spoiler tags too. :p

sorry then, I was a dick.

sarcasm and the interwebs... dohwned

edit: nevermind

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
Y2Kevbug11 said:

5m was X360's sell through in NA at the end of 2006, do you expect the same number for their shipment figures?
NA shipment number will be at least 6m.

GhaleonEB said:
Isn't that in February? ZOMG they're ahead of schedule.
How did you miss the title of that article? :lol
selective reading ftw?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Angelus said:

Now shipped was always deemed more than ok
when a certain other company did it. Now the forum has been turned upside down when *the bad guy* does it.

No they weren't. Get your damn facts straight.

ELS-01X

Banned
Angelus said:

Now shipped was always deemed more than ok when a certain other company did it. Now the forum has been turned upside down when *the bad guy* does it.

So true :lol

Wollan

Speevy said:
Sony's going to come up with something clever like "First to 20 million then, MS?"

Fixed.

Edit: Though if we are speaking about shipped.. MS will probably deliver first.

Scoot said:
Shipped = sold in the MS console discussion.

???

Not sure I'm reading you. In the extremes of Nintendo's sales essentially == NPD, and Sony's the number of units off of the production line, are you believing that Microsoft's is somewhat close to sold? Or something else?

LJ11

sonycowboy said:
???

Not sure I'm reading you. In the extremes of Nintendo's sales essentially == NPD, and Sony's the number of units off of the production line, are you believing that Microsoft's is somewhat close to sold? Or something else?

He means MSFT uses shipped units as the number of sold units.

Jammy

Banned
These numbers aren't bad at all. Microsoft pretty much reached their goals, seeing as how they always report shipped numbers. I can't wait for the heated battle for "first" later this year between it and the Wii. I bet that'll give us tons of great 2008 games.

When you think of it, 10 million doesn't seem like much when the Wii just "sold" 4 million in less than two months, but the system is going for $400 now, hasn't had a price drop, and it's getting a lot of big games still. 360's my system of choice for the holidays in 2007... but I have a Wii already. :)

GhaleonEB

sonycowboy said:
???

Not sure what scoot was implying, but MS's shipped numbers should be closer to sold than what Sony provides. Ironicly enough, from the same source, but from a while ago. Still an overlooked interview with Robbie Bach.

Bach: Our goal is to get to 10 million and we think we’re going to be able to do that.

Q: It’s 10 million shipped, right?

Bach: Yeah. In our case, it’s reasonably close to sold through. To make sure we’re clear, Sony does shipped from factory. We don’t. Our shipped means it has left a distribution warehouse in Memphis to a retailer. There is a big lag of six week to eight-week lag between what we called shipped and what Sony calls shipped. That’s the way we do the accounting.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=131028&highlight=bach

Top Bottom