• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft marketing push for Xbox One has started

Here is one i saw in the bronx,NY.

RzLYw9t.jpg

jaypah

360 does TV Games Movies too, so does the PS3.

I've felt great ever since I rescued the princess for the first time in SMB but greatness still awaits. I'm sure these ads will be accompanied by tv spots that show off games, tv and entertainment so, yeah I think it's a nice slogan.

Metzhara

Does anyone else find it weird to advertise something months before it comes out?

The usual method is a 60 day lead in. Believe it or not, there are stages for deployment of ads that include paper, billboard, radio, tv, movies, social media, etc. 2 months out is EXACTLY when billboards hit. The purpose is to get positive word of mouth. Most who notice these billboards are the type of people who are buying from billboards. I don't think members of GAF are generally in that department.
GENERALLY though it is mothers and those who ride public transportation. I think it's also why they left out the date so a curiosity grows.
I'm not thinking this will work however. Eventually they're going to head into someone saying, "Just buy a PS4" even if a PS4 isn't what that person is inquiring about. -Adam

MOTM

Banned
It means its a product from the future. They beta tested it for us.

Put that way it makes a whole lot of sense and is pretty cool ... the only problem is that I think they didnt formulate that right because if somebody like you doesnt explain it you'll never get the meaning.

Alx

I wonder what res they would render such an image to ensure it comes out looking good on a board that size?

It's a big board, but you're watching it from afar. In the end it probably won't occupy more of your field of view than a TV in a living room. Probably less. It's all about angular resolution.

greenberg just twittered this one.

I can understand that from a 'roll-off-your-tongue' and hope it catches on due to how it was phrased, but that line just feels awkward to me.

If it were any more realistic, it would be real. just feels better, imo. It's less catchy, but it's more understandable and more upfront on trying to sell graphical prowess.

Bsigg12

Seen Greenberg RT this on twitter. During the Texans and Ravens game today.

M7CiEjh.jpg

They have a segment at every home game for every team that is a "in the locker room" presented by Xbox One. It shows the pregame breakdown before the home team takes the field.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few ads run for it tomorrow during the Monday Night Football game on ESPN tomorrow.

Bsigg12

Yea but there is no way sony can match MS when it comes to spending cash. I still havent seen billboards for ps4.

I have no doubt Microsoft will have this thing everywhere in about 3 weeks. Hell we're 61 days from launch (holy shit). Sony will ramp up as well but they never blow off the doors with marketing like Microsoft does.

I have no doubt Microsoft will have this thing everywhere in about 3 weeks. Hell we're 61 days from launch (holy shit). Sony will ramp up as well but they never blow off the doors with marketing like Microsoft does.

I haven't seen any ads from Sony thus far, other than "Greatness Awaits" Maybe they'll step it up as we get closer to release day.

I wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft spends more money on ads than any company in any field on the planet. Sony will never come close to matching them in that area.

TheAssist

Sony doesnt have to spend as much money, if they are smart, they know where the advertisment has the biggest impact. They might not need a billboard campaign in every major city.

Seeing those ads in Football stadiums, thats what sony usually does in Europe, except for the real football ;), meaning soccer (mainly during champions league and if im not completely wrong they started that quite some time ago)

ps4-coming-2013-ad.jpg

Sony knows they have a better standing in europe, it only makes sense to concentrate their efforts here first, plus, its probably cheaper than in the US.

Alx

Sony doesnt have to spend as much money, if they are smart, they know where the advertisment has the biggest impact. They might not need a billboard campaign in every major city.

Seeing those ads in Football stadiums, thats what sony usually does in Europe, except for the real football ;), meaning soccer (mainly during champions league and if im not completely wrong they started that quite some time ago)

I doubt their UEFA sponsorship comes for free, though. ;)
I'm not sure how much it costs them (couldn't find the numbers after a quick search), but it's probably not cheap.

TheAssist

I doubt their UEFA sponsorship comes for free, though. ;)
I'm not sure how much it costs them (couldn't find the numbers after a quick search), but it's probably not cheap.

Its probably pretty expansive. What I mean is the price in relation to what MS has to pay.
It would be interesting to see what the NFL and UEFA sponsorship cost. I just assume that US companies usually spend more money on advertising, therefore the prices for getting an ad placement are higher.
In addition, you can reach more people with football (soccer), since the Champions League has a world wide audience, compared to American football.

These are pretty great ads.

I really hope Sony has a good response. Maybe just print a load of ads that say "PlayStation 4 and FIFA 14: £389."

Ushae

Banned
Saw the Xbox One on display today at a MS store. The console is not as big as some may think and looks beautiful. Now onto the controller. WOW this controller looks amazing in person, so dam beautiful. This controller is no joke, wait until you guys see it in real life.

Wish there were MS stores around here in UK, or at least demo units at some retailers.

:(

Wynnebeck

Banned
These are pretty great ads.

I really hope Sony has a good response. Maybe just print a load of ads that say "PlayStation 4 and FIFA 14: £389."

Sony is going to pour as much resources as they can into advertisement for the PS4 when they can. Just doesn't make sense to do it until sometime next month for the countdown to launch. Then they'll go all out with tv ads, etc.

Top Bottom