• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft owns Halo, Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon

Nintendo would buy that Rare IP back. It would probably be worth more in their hands.

Activision owns COD, but (original COD developers?) Respawn in with EA?

//DEVIL//

Nintendo would buy that Rare IP back. It would probably be worth more in their hands.

Activision owns COD, but (original COD developers?) Respawn in with EA?
2 guys left and formed respawn .The 2 heads of infinite ward. I think few other devs too ? Not sure

Not saying anything about them bad. Titanfall 1 and 2 are awesome . But cod 2019 is probably one of the best if not the best FPS games released in recent years. The one coming this year from them gonna break every other game this holiday.

Last edited:

iHaunter

It really is quite strange. But in the end of the Day, the IPs they previously owned, are not made by the same devs today for the most part.

2 guys left and formed respawn .The 2 heads of infinite ward. I think few other devs too ? Not sure

Not saying anything about them bad. Titanfall 1 and 2 are awesome . But cod 2019 is probably one of the best if not the best FPS games released in recent years. The one coming this year from them gonna break every other game this holiday.
I mean its the same with Insomanic, Naughty Dog, and Bungie. Its a few of the heads left is all. 95% of the studio is new people.

Why limit it to just the big 3 when PC master race deserves a slot too. MS/Xbox now own major PC tentpole games and IPs e.g. DOOM, TES, Wolfenstein, Diablo, COD, WoW, Overwatch, Fallout, Quake and more. If you told me 10 years ago this would happen I wouldn't have believed you.

Why limit it to just the big 3 when PC master race deserves a slot too. MS/Xbox now own major PC tentpole games and IPs e.g. DOOM, TES, Wolfenstein, Diablo, COD, WoW, Overwatch, Fallout, Quake and more. If you told me 10 years ago this would happen I wouldn't have believed you.
But, does someone else own the studios that created those games?

Sony owns Naughty Dog. Microsoft owns Crash Bandicoot.

What examples do you have of stuff like that?

SLB1904

Banned
is funny how Microsoft owns halo, Spyro, crash and sony owns the ''original'' developers of these games :messenger_tears_of_joy:

LordOfChaos

MS didn't get that when they bought them? Cool, greenlight that Marathon sequel Jimbo!
Microsoft doesn't own Marathon, which is why 343 doesn't use the Marathon logo in any of Halo's iconography, even in the anniversary remakes where it was originally used. The IP seems to lay with Bungie.

So who owns Destiny? Bungie, Activision, Microsoft or Sony?
Well, definitely not Microsoft or Activision.

Sony owns Bungie, so I'd say technically Sony owns Destiny. But Bungie split from Activision and took Destiny with them. If they bought their way out again, I assume Sony would keep Destiny, but I'm not quite sure how all those contracts are handled.

SLB1904

Banned
Well, definitely not Microsoft or Activision.

Sony owns Bungie, so I'd say technically Sony owns Destiny. But Bungie split from Activision and took Destiny with them. If they bought their way out again, I assume Sony would keep Destiny, but I'm not quite sure how all those contracts are handled.
Activision was a publisher, Bungie owns the ip now owned by sony obviously

AREYOUOKAY?

55q95EW.jpg

Guilty_AI

So who owns Destiny? Bungie, Activision, Microsoft or Sony?
I think Bungie still. In a blogpost by Jim Ryan he put a lot of emphasis on Bungie remaining an independent developer and multiplat publisher. Bungie itself also said they "remain in charge of our destiny" (linking to a page from 2019 where they said destiny would still belong to them after parting with Activision).

I think they are more interested in their expertise in making GAAS and multiplayer games, probably intending to apply it for Sony's own IPs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom