• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Store outs Halo Xbox One story overview

It's actually a potato chip. Master Chief needs to deliver the prototype for the newest flavour of Lays to their production factories, and he can only make it in time without the chip getting slightly stale and lacking flavour by passing through Flood territory.
Halo. Green. Mt Dew. It all makes sense now.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
ADS, airstrikes, perks and more!

IC3Ao.gif

incase it isn't obvious, I would like to be wrong

bidguy

Banned
Master Chief Petty Officer is the highest rank, IIRC.

fred is a lieutenant and osman an admiral
the latter never became a full spartan though.

not sure about that but carter also has a higher rank even noble 6 i think.

havent read the books for a while but they had some explanations.

The Flash

Banned
Halo, another reason I'm getting an Xbox One. Can't wait to see what happens in Halo 5. Maybe we'll see something at PAX.

Bsigg12

Announcement of what?

Official title and maybe a new teaser trailer? I don't think the MIcrosoft Store would be prepping the official pre-order description if something wasn't in the works. It's just a thought really, but they did say there were going to be some surprises at PAX.

m23

can't wait for it.. i'm so ready to rock off the galaxy and the flood, and prometheans and and COME AT ME BRO!

fuken spoiler duude :(

I tagged it, but I really don't see how its a spoiler as it doesn't tell you anything about the story.

"Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief"

Can they not get it right? It is Master Chief Petty Officer John 117.

They are still a Petty Officer hence the "Master Chief Petty Officer".

Yeah, but it's still like calling a Master Gunnery Sergeant "Sergeant", or calling a Master Sergeant "Top" when there isn't a personal connection between the MSgt and the individual.

A closer example would be that a Major wouldn't be addressed as "officer". He/she would addressed by their rank.

Official title and maybe a new teaser trailer? I don't think the MIcrosoft Store would be prepping the official pre-order description if something wasn't in the works. It's just a thought really, but they did say there were going to be some surprises at PAX.

Would be great! Although what makes you think that it was just updated recently? Maybe someone just found it today and no one else noticed.

Striker

It was a t a conference somewhere, they outlined a bunch of Halo 4 stuff. Including why the Promethean weapons were just reskins of human weapons essentially. They best fix that shit.
The AI for both Prometheans and the Covenant was terrible. Bullet sponges worse than Halo 2 Brutes.

Dramos

In possession of a mysterious data chip, Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief, confronts a new battery of challenges and tests in a Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted.

For some reason this reminds me of the pastebin speculation from June. Halo Xbox One

It would be really crazy if true. Hopefully a new teaser this weekend? I'll keep on dreaming.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
"Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief"

Can they not get it right? It is Master Chief Petty Officer John 117.

They are still a Petty Officer hence the "Master Chief Petty Officer".

Yeah, but you would never ever call a Master Chief petty officer. You call them Master Chief. Really you don't call anyone beyond a Petty officer First Class a petty officer. Once you make Chief-that's what you're called; Chief, Senior Chief or Master Chief.

it's just one of those little details that shows they took a surface level look at naval customs without really exploring it. I'm a Special Warfare Boar Operator Petty Officer First Class, SB1, so things like this kinda get under my skin though they shouldn't.

mhi

Very God of Warish. I got give 343 some props, they have no interest in sticking to a formula, they want to leave their own mark on Halo no matter the cost.

I beat every halo game except 4. I was so tired of the grunts and elites....but prometheans were so much more of a drag for me I didn't even get halfway.

The universe is so awesome they need better things for me to shoot

As have I except for Halo Wars, RTS aren't my thing.

I would also love to fight an new breed of Aliens rather than just the Flood or Covenant for the umpteenth time.

Isolated in some remote part of space? Sounds a lot like what Halo 4 seemed to be promising very early on in development. Maybe they figured their inital approaches may be more suitable than a "earth is in danger!" dull-fest.

Sojgat

"Master Chief fights robot stuff in the dirt, that thing in his hand was a data chip."

Halo for Xbox One: Please, whatever you do, don't call it Halo 5.

Wait, how did you infer that much from what we currently know?

I wish I could get hyped. Halo is one of my favourite franchises but I'm pretty ready to skip town on the platform it's on.

There was an epilogue to Silentium
indicating that Mendicant Bias was buried on the lesser Ark in a desert. There was a bunch of hints hinting to the planet we saw in the trailer was the Ark.

Top Bottom