• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microwaving your leftover fish for lunch at the office

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
This is one of those unwritten office rules along the same lines of dont discuss politics and religion.

Never bring your leftover fish dinner to work. And jesus christ if you do, eat that shit cold. Dont stick it in the damn microwave.

Now my whole floor smells like a dirty vagina.

jurassic park deal with it GIF

Similar smells.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
at my place of work, this is a WRITTEN rule.... i recommend trying that route. but not straightaway... people who microwave fish are mentally ill, and you need to plan accordingly .

badblue

People that microwave fish are terrible.

But I hate the guys that need 10+ minutes to heat up their food even more. Most of the lunch rooms I've used only had 2-3 and too many guys did that to the point where I stopped brining food I needed to heat up. We only had a 30 minute lunch break as well.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
This is one of those unwritten office rules along the same lines of dont discuss politics and religion.

Never bring your leftover fish dinner to work. And jesus christ if you do, eat that shit cold. Dont stick it in the damn microwave.

Agreed but burnt popcorn is even worse

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I think this is one of those inhumane things that old country uncultured swine dude. Got to love the voice recognition because I know this is going to come out right 100%. I always say if you're going to microwave it it's probably good to go one of those gas stations and at least leave the fumes there almost like when you crop dust. There's some degree of pleasure you get in that really if you're going to properly cropped us, you really got to consider depending on if they're silent and deadly and also the duration of the fart so if it's really loud crop dusting is really easy when you're running saws and in loud places. But if you got one of those silent and deadly ones that almost burns out of your ass then I think that is possible you can pretty much do it anywhere. That's the best advice I can give somebody in these types of situations.

Last edited:

We have a guy at work that does just that, and it stinks the whole place up.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I’m that asshole for sure. I microwaved fish in my office literally yesterday, and today I’m gonna reheat some chicken tikka masala leftovers. The other day I heated this beef bolognese dish and it made the whole place smell for the next 3 or 4 hours. I don’t even give a shit.

Also I work from home.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I’m that asshole for sure. I microwaved fish in my office literally yesterday, and today I’m gonna reheat some chicken tikka masala leftovers. The other day I heated this beef bolognese dish and it made the whole place smell for the next 3 or 4 hours. I don’t even give a shit.

Also I work from home.
i almost reported this post.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Doesnt have to be fish.

Once someone microwaves curry chicken or whatever indian rice they brought from home, you can smell it half way across the entire floor.

I bet you love it when people microwave broccoli too OP

I used to love it when people would microwave popcorn and set off the fire alarm though, that would always earn everybody a free 20 minutes break while the building was evacuated and the fire station sent a crew to check things out

Last edited:

simpatico

Leaving leftovers out at room temp all day >> microwaving

At least for most dishes. Also, don't take fish to work. Also, room temp left over lasagna is amazing. Possibly better than hot.

Heated left over tripe is even worse.

I had unforunately experienced this at a job I worked years ago in retail. One of our security guard brought in left over tripe and stuck it in the microwave for lunch. Not even tripe in a curry, just salt & pepper 😂😂

The whole store reeked and some customers even left due to the unpleasant smell. It's gag inducing and the security guard got a bollocking from his boss.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Heated left over tripe is even worse.

I had unforunately experienced this at a job I worked years ago in retail. One of our security guard brought in left over tripe and stuck it in the microwave for lunch. Not even tripe in a curry, just salt & pepper 😂😂

The whole store reeked and some customers even left due to the unpleasant smell. It's gag inducing and the security guard got a bollocking from his boss.
Tripe smells pretty bad when it's being boiled. I don't even want to imagine what it smells like microwaved. Menudo (Mexican tripe soup) is delicious however.

Tripe smells pretty bad when it's being boiled. I don't even want to imagine what it smells like microwaved. Menudo (Mexican tripe soup) is delicious however.

Traditionally in South Africa we have tripe in a curry and its yum. My brother in law can make a mean tripe curry but fark me, boiling this stuff with just salt and pepper and then reheating it the next day is something else.

It looked like wet cardboard lol

I mean mall security guards in South Africa earn minimum wage and life is a genuine struggle so maybe thats all she could afford to eat during her lunch cause tripe is dirt cheap. I just wish she could have at least asked us for some money to buy a pie or something. I would have given her whatever i had for a decent meal.

I duno what Menudo is so i had to go google it but it looks delicious. We have a few Filipino's in our team so I'll have to ask them about that lol

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Traditionally in South Africa we have tripe in a curry and its yum. My brother in law can make a mean tripe curry but fark me, boiling this stuff with just salt and pepper and then reheating it the next day is something else.

It looked like wet cardboard lol

I mean mall security guards in South Africa earn minimum wage and life is a genuine struggle so maybe thats all she could afford to eat during her lunch cause tripe is dirt cheap. I just wish she could have at least asked us for some money to buy a pie or something. I would have given her whatever i had for a decent meal.

I duno what Menudo is so i had to go google it but it looks delicious. We have a few Filipino's in our team so I'll have to ask them about that lol
I just realized the reason why Menudo is delicious is because you can't actually taste the tripe with all the spices, cilantro, union, lime etc. 🤣

Last edited:
Earlier today I thought this was a random thread but it ended up prophetic that someone did it at my work. God that's a horrible smell to leave in a kitchen.

Top Bottom