• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of War: First Gameplay Video

I really liked the first one, but to me, it seems like they went overkill this time around.

EDIT: I should probably clarify - I mean the combat and assault stuff, not the Nemesis system. That looks awesome.

ironcreed

Banned
so-it-begins-gif.gif

Incredible. I command an army that even includes cave trolls? Yes please. This looks ten-fold better than the first game in every way.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Who needs an Orc army when the player is basically God? Just didn't really get a sense of the army amounting to anything beyond theatrics in that video.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Looks pretty good, graphics looks a bit rough though.

Is it not open world again? Seems like it's broken off into portions.

ironcreed

Banned
I am incredibly excited for Mass Effect: Andromeda, but BioWare could learn a thing or two from these animations. It's just so well done.

scoobs

Seemed like more of the same until like 2/3 through the video, where it immediately became badass

jem0208

Fuck the lore I guess.

Oh well, it looks incredible regardless. Day one for me.

I just hope they improve the climbing controls, they're terrible in the first.

Slixshot

Banned
Halfway through and all the mechanics of this game are going to make this unforgettable. Allies now using the nemesis system to create even more diversity in playthrough sounds fantastic.

Holy shit that looks great. Leading your own army into a big epic battle and riding Dragons looks fucking awesome, now this is how you do a LotR game.

KevinG

Didn't love the first game, lost interest a couple of hours in.

This looks like it's on a whole other level.

sohois

This seems like a really nice idea, but the Lotr nerd inside of me just can't get over how stupid it all is. Any generic fantasy setting would be vastly preferable, what is even the connection to Lord of the Rings at this point?

Also seems like they've taken a lot from Mount and Blade, based on that army system. Anyone wanting to figure out how the game might be like would do well to play the M&B mod, The Last Days of the third age.

Top Bottom