• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Midnight in the Desert with Art Bell |OT| All Things Paranormal... Wanna Take a Ride?

HylianTom

Banned
I don't always listen to radio ads, but I might get one of those CCRadio 2E Enhanced radios.

I got one for my Dad for Christmas over a decade ago (yup, heard about it during Art Bell, lol). Got him the one with a solar/crank/multiple power option. It comes in really handy during hurricanes, and still works like a charm.

So damn good to hear Art again!

Blizzard

Banned
This has just become my new get-work-done background noise at this time of night. art's voice rocks.
I like his voice and how he can usually keep things moving smoothly even with very odd people.

I guess I like that though most of the callers and guests seem REALLY outlandish, Art manages to come across as only sort of outlandish. He just gets them going and carries on conversations.

Yka

Graham Hancock was talking about this incident...

Zahi Hawass storms out of debate with Graham Hancock before it begins (YouTube)

Zahi Hawass vs Graham Hancock on significance of Gobekli Tepe (YouTube)

EDIT: Hancock's best seller Fingerprints of the Gods was written entirely on marijuana... :)

magicians_of_the_gods_zpshwmwmgsf.jpg

Looking forward to Hancock's new book Magicians of the Gods! He posted this on Facebook a couple of days ago...
I’ve been writing books for almost 35 years. My first was “Journey Through Pakistan”, published in 1982, and the latest is “Magicians of the Gods” which is published on 10 September in the UK and 10 November in the US.

I suppose I should be used to the whole process by now, but I always forget all the complexities until I face them again.

First and foremost there’s the writing itself. My preference is to clear the decks completely and do nothing else while writing, so I try to get all the travels and field research out of the way before I start. I find that if I’m really on top of the material I can write pretty fast – 2,000 words a day is a good general target. But with big, heavily researched books like “Magicians” I’ll often have to break away from the writing for 5 or 6 days at a time while I read and take notes from mountains of books and scholarly papers relevant to the chapter I’m writing

Then when the writing’s done all the other elements of the book have to be brought into play. Magicians has 73 maps, charts and diagrams integrated with the text throughout, which meant that for several months I was in daily contact with the artists and designers who were putting the diagrams together.

Photographs are an important part of the story, too. Magicians has 32 pages of colour photos. I’m lucky to work together with my wife Santha, who’s an excellent, professional photographer. But we spend weeks honing down from tens of thousands of images to the 70 or so that finally make it into the book.

Then there’s proof-reading – not my favorite task! I’ve just finished my third reading of the page-proofs of Magicians and on this last read I found 67 pages with mistakes that I either hadn’t noticed before or that were newly introduced by the typesetters. I’ll get a further set of proofs to check that all these last corrections I asked for have been made, and in addition the publishers have a proof-reader who’s making additional checks. Hopefully in about a week I’ll be able to sign off on the proofs and then Magicians will go to the printers where it will be out of my hands until I see the first copies off the press.

Finally, and most nerve-wracking of all, the book will be put before its readers. I’ve worked hard for three years to research and write the very best book I can and I hope, when you’ve read it, that you’ll agree. Meanwhile I’m grateful to all those who have already pre-ordered “Magicians”. This makes a HUGE difference to the book’s prospects in a crowded market-place. I can’t thank you enough for your support.

Blizzard

Banned
I wasn't really paying attention while that news segment was playing between Art's segments. Okay, some study talks about brain cells and aging, sure.

Something something TRAITS OF THE VAMPIRE got my attention.

Yka

Really enjoyed the show!

+ Art was as good as ever and didn't miss a beat
+ I really like Hancock and he was a great first guest
+ Funny unscreened open lines call at the start
+ Callers from all over the world
+ Good old bumper music is back
+ Ross Mitchell is back as an announcer
+ Paranormal newscast is a good fit for the show
- A few glitches at the start

Alcibiades

LMAO at the Richard C Hoagland show on difficulties... I'm empathetic though...

Actually first thought it was my wi-fi connection (dropped Art Bell a couple of times), which I have trouble with due to my room's distance from the wi-fi hub, but nope it was issues on their side.

Yka

It seems that Charles Faddis is Art's guest tonight. It is a shame that they can't announce their guests earlier. C2CAM producers were contacting Art's upcoming guests when he was on SiriusXM and the guests had to choose between Art's show and C2CAM.

Linda Moulton Howe has been confirmed for tomorrow. I would be surprised if Michio Kaku wasn't Art's guest soon. So maybe Michio on Thursday?

EDIT: 7.23.2015 Nassim Haramein is Art's guest tonight.

Schedule for July 20 - July 24:

Monday | Graham Hancock | grahamhancock.com | @Graham__Hancock
Tuesday | Charles Faddis | epictimes.com/charlesfaddis | @CHARLESFADDIS
Wednesday | Linda Moulton Howe | earthfiles.com | @Earthfiles
Thursday | Nassim Haramein | resonance.is | @NassimHaramein
Friday | Unscreened open lines | Tune in to hear what all the fuss is about!

I'm fine with hiding guests to prevent poaching. Though, a future guest already disclosed their scheduled date so let's see what happens there, haha.

But man, that felt like the 90s last night, but with better quality (minus the few hiccups) and better accessibility. Still trying to decide if I should listen on AM, or TuneIn when I am able to.

Being able to download the show in the mornings before work will be a nice treat too.

Moofers

I haven't heard Art Bell in years. Had no idea he was still around. I'm currently listening to some of the videos on the first page of the thread and I have to say its pretty entertaining theater radio. The guy flying over Area 51 in particular was funny. The sound effects they added were so lame! LOL. Gotta love it though.

I haven't heard Art Bell in years. Had no idea he was still around. I'm currently listening to some of the videos on the first page of the thread and I have to say its pretty entertaining theater radio. The guy flying over Area 51 in particular was funny. The sound effects they added were so lame! LOL. Gotta love it though.

He's "retired" so many times it's not funny. But yes, he's now doing a live Internet show, but some radio affiliates are carrying it, as well as shortwave. So tune in and check it out!

gnomed

Almost forgot to tune in tonight. It must have been a little over ten years since I've heard that magnificent voice. I never pictured the time would come when I can listen to Art Bell on my mobile phone while driving my electric car, that future seems so alien to me. But then again I'm thinking about purchasing a cc radio.

Blizzard

Banned
I forgot to tune in at midnight, but I'll probably be listening off and on for the next few weeks at least. It's fun to have a thread about it.

Yka

Missed tonight's show. Richard C. Hoagland is on air talking about his bet with George Noory...

I'm fine with hiding guests to prevent poaching. Though, a future guest already disclosed their scheduled date so let's see what happens there, haha.

Who is the guest you are talking about? I know that Stephen Bassett will be Art's guest on August 3rd.

Missed tonight's show. Richard C. Hoagland is on air talking about his bet with George Noory...

Who is the guest you are talking about? I know that Stephen Bassett will be Art's guest on August 3rd.

I forget who they are, but I think they're ghost hunters. Aug 6th is the date. They posted about it on their Facebook.

Yka

I do like Linda Moulton Howe a lot but I prefer the C2CAM format where they play her interviews with different people. From time to time you hear some great stories like the ancient high-tech underground pyramid in Alaska and the no-fly zone over a large mysterious hole in ice near South Pole. Pluto discussion at the start of the show was interesting but I feel like I have heard most of the other stuff from Linda many times before. But had this been my first time hearing an interview with her, I would definitely have been hooked from start to finish!

linda_moulton_howe_small_zps70cownyc.jpg

EDIT: I guess third time's the charm for Hoagland. His show started without technical problems and he even got connected with his guest!

Kimawolf

Love it so far, technical troubles aside. The old man hasn't lost it and its not like some of those goofy ass shows where everyone wants to be a comedian ( I'm looking at you darkness radio), I just might subscribe for the archive.

Already better than Noory.

Yka

Three hours of unscreened open lines tonight! A good time to start listening to Art Bell's new show. This should be a fun night!

Tonight's ep is a little too technical for me. Looking forward to tomorrow though!

Yeah, I decided to skip yesterday's show when I saw that Nassim Haramein was going to be Art's guest. Maybe he is onto something... or maybe not.

I just wasn't in the mood to try to make sense out of his theories.

Brandwin

They need to figure out a way to have past shows play in our favorite podcast app like some other shows do. I would like to listen while at work and I don’t want to stream on my phone all day.

I would pay $5 a month to download and listen in Pocketcasts, if the show is good.

Yka

They need to figure out a way to have past shows play in our favorite podcast app like some other shows do. I would like to listen while at work and I don’t want to stream on my phone all day. I would pay $5 a month to download and listen in Pocketcasts, if the show is good.

You could send that suggestion to Art's tech guy Keith Rowland. His email address is darkmatter@rowlandnet.com

Perhaps they will make it happen if enough people ask for it.

Top Bottom