• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No.9 Backers are starting to receive the physical edition and oh boy...

nded

Maybe everyone who worked at Capcom got the same weird neurological disease and Clover were the lucky ones who got out before it spread.

I am refusing to take down my Beck figurine that came with the Signature Edition.

It just sits on my shelf.

As a reminder.

Staring.

Always staring.

A monument to my sins.

8xgN1u9.jpg

rjc571

Banned
Crazy how much Inafune ruined his legacy with Mighty No Nine. He went from being known as the creator of Mega Man to becoming one of the most despicable figures in the history of the industry.

Futaleufu

What? He even shows the initial videos they showed which clearly show a 2.5D game. It's downgraded but it's still clearly based off of the videos. You said they told everyone the concept art would be the game and nothing else.

Ok, we are done here.

Acorn

I am refusing to take down my Beck figurine that came with the Signature Edition.

It just sits on my shelf.
As a reminder.

Staring.

Always staring.

A monument to my sins.

8xgN1u9.jpg
I have a assassin's creed collectors edition for the same reason on my shelf.

This can't be real right?

Right?

I know this is the most infamous case and all, but I'm so glad I don't back Kickstarters. I would be scared of getting something like this.

The manual not fitting is dumb as hell but people saying that they cheated backers by sending an empty box are just showing an astounding lack of reading comprehension. There's nothing in the description that even suggests that the box would come with a physical copy of the game. It's not even close to a fine print or "technicality" thing.

But the manual not fitting, lol

Wereroku

And that is a difference of opinion.

I'm not seeing many people in here that dont know what the rewards are, and I think its entirely reasonable to be displeased with this entire situation.

To each their own, we just have different view points on the subject, clearly!
Yep. I'm lucky I guess that I enjoyed the game so it wasn't a complete loss. I had also just assumed i was out my money and had written it off as a loss which makes receiving everything seen more positive. Have a good one.

Spaghetti

Bloodstained and Shenmue 3 aren't using the same people as Inafking did right?
Don't know about Bloodstained, but Fangamer are fulfilling certain physical rewards for Shenmue III (like the replica jacket, capsule toy set, probably the art book too).

Not that it means a whole lot. Everything Fangamer produces/creates prototypes for has to be okayed by who they're contracted by; so Comcept in MN9's case. Ultimately Comcept are the ones who said "yep, we're okay for this go get mass produced and get released".

nynt9

Yes. It's downgraded but the 2.5d style and perspective are still the same. This was a discussion where the guy claimed they only showed the concept art as an example of how the game would look

I mean, if all you need for a similarity is "2.5d style and perspective" then that applies to basically any platformer ranging from the newest Shantae, to Bloodstained, Giana Sisters, Trine and more. That's a vast array of styles. Your willingness to go to bat for this game despite claiming to be disappointed is incongruent.

Futaleufu

Yes. It's downgraded but the 2.5d style and perspective are still the same. This was a discussion where the guy claimed they only showed the concept art as an example of how the game would look

I thought we were already over this. Just stop.

Eusis

I'm more aghast at the manual not fitting. It said it was delivering a physical box, at best it could've come preassembled with some cardboard thing inside to act as support... but not being able to fit the manual in is "but why?"

Wereroku

I mean, if all you need for a similarity is "2.5d style and perspective" then that applies to basically any platformer ranging from the newest Shantae, to Bloodstained, Giana Sisters, Trine and more. That's a vast array of styles. Your willingness to go to bat for this game despite claiming to be disappointed is incongruent.
I wasn't disappointed with the game. I was disappointed with the Kickstarter. I thought the game was fun.

I thought we were already over this. Just stop.

No you had just decided it was over.

stryke

Making the box yourself is fine but the manual not fitting is hilarious.

Furthermore this doesn't look like something that should have taken 11 months.

MN9 Kickstarters backers complaining of having received garbage yet phyisical rewards, and we Carmageddon Reincarnation backers still waiting for their rewards after more than 5 years.

Enjoy your garbage damnit, at least you've got something tangible! :(

Opa-Pa

Man, what an absolute shitshow haha, I don't think I'm even mad anymore because this is like performance art.

I did like the game despite all, but the kickstarter campaign has been like a competition against themselves to try and keep getting worse and worse with every new update.

Can't wait to finally get these lol.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
No I just don't understand the hate around people receiving the rewards they were promised. The game gets shit on constantly by people who never bothered to play it. Yeah the kickstarter had problems but saying they lied about the box is a false. I probably put more money in this than most people on neogaf but I gave the game a fair chance. Also yes it sucks that they delayed these so much but I'm not going to shit on it just to shit on it.

How do you know that people who shits on the game never actually played it?

vid

this makes no sense because they made physical copies of this game. why would they do this

When the Kickstarter happened, physical copies were just a far off dream. They weren't a possibility until Deep Silver picked up this game for publishing (and the worst ad campaign ever...).

Unless you're proposing that they were to retroactively provide a much pricer item for backers at no extra cost, there's no way backers could have gotten the physical copy.

The whole point of the empty box tier was to provide some items for collectors and fans to have in the physical space, since it was otherwise looking to be an exclusively digital game.

kyo2004

XD... That was my first Kickstarter I've ever pledge and I feel so lucky that it wasn't much the loss (like 2USD?)... This MN9 game/Dev/PR/support fiasco will be remembered for ages... XD

BTW, honest and innocent question. Who is the 3rd guy? (from left to right)...

The manual not fitting is dumb as hell but people saying that they cheated backers by sending an empty box are just showing an astounding lack of reading comprehension. There's nothing in the description that even suggests that the box would come with a physical copy of the game. It's not even close to a fine print or "technicality" thing.

But the manual not fitting, lol

The original Kickstarter said there would be a US style manual and a Japanese style manual. That picture looks like the US style. Are we sure it's simply not a case of someone getting an English manual and a Japanese box? The NES manuals don't fit in Famicom boxes either.

Eylos

Banned
XD... That was my first Kickstarter I've ever pledge and I feel so lucky that it wasn't much the loss (like 2USD?)... This MN9 game/Dev/PR/support fiasco will be remembered for ages... XD

It just works. Todd fallout 4

Fox Mulder

Crazy how much Inafune ruined his legacy with Mighty No Nine. He went from being known as the creator of Mega Man to becoming one of the most despicable figures in the history of the industry.

Well his legacy was built on a lie anyways as he didn't create Mega Man.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

The fallout guy, Todd Howard. A master of carefully constructed words.

fernoca

I get the complains about the manual but the empty box is what they promised, what more do you want?, it was always just a box. Shipping the box flat makes sense, it takes 2 seconds to assemble it.
Twitter user even admitted that he then re-read and he ignored thst it was just an empty box and he assumed it would include the game.

Now the manual not fitting is just...wow, after all this time. XD

Such a massive shame how this turned out and how it's tarnishing Inti Creates.

Just in case anyone isn't in the know, check out Mighty Gunvolt Burst!! It's legitimately great, it stars Beck and *IT'S THE GAME MIGHTY NO9 SHOULD HAVE BEEN!*

Todd Howard

Top Bottom