• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mighty No. 9 Delayed?

do you guys think theres any chance this could be do to Red Ash's imminent failure, and inability for Inafune to funnel those funds into Mighty No. 9 causing the game to take longer to complete?
I think maybe the game might not be good and so Inafune wants to get all his ducks in a row and have plenty of future projects lined up before MM9 is released and tarnishes his name and erodes the trust with his fans, who will be less willing to crowdfund his projects as a result

Tohsaka

Did they have any physical versions as a Kickstarter reward?

Yes, but it's a box and manual with a download code. They didn't have any actual physical game discs/carts for the Kickstarter, Deep Silver came on as a publisher after it ended and that's the only reason it's getting a real retail release.

Weird, if it was only Amazon, maybe it was a mistake in their system, but from 3 different retailers. If the game is delayed until next year, that will sucks, we are less than 2 months from the release date.

Weird, if it was only Amazon, maybe it was a mistake in their system, but from 3 different retailers. If the game is delayed until next year, that will sucks, we are less than 2 months from the release date.

I seriously doubt that the digital release is delayed. There's no indication of digital being delayed, right?

Is it up on PSN? Has THAT date changed?

Isnt it even running on steam in a beta? This cant fail, we need trust in kickstarters! atleast until Banjo-kazoeiee (loko-volik? i cant actually remember the name Charmaleon - Batboy) is out!

Crocodile

An interesting development but hard to discern anything about it right now as I've seen dates change on online retailers fluctuate before without it actually meaning anything in the end. None of these date changes seem to be related to the digital versions either.

They're struggling to get this game to retail and they want people to give them money for another game - worse, a game that has barely nothing to say for what it will be like and how it will look? I mean shit, I don't mean to be so negative, but it's hard not to think that Inafune is losing a lot of favour for this.

I think maybe the game might not be good and so Inafune wants to get all his ducks in a row and have plenty of future projects lined up before MM9 is released and tarnishes his name and erodes the trust with his fans, who will be less willing to crowdfund his projects as a result

What is it about Inafune that makes people either leave their heads at the door or assume SUPREME cynicism mode. So little of it comes off as justified.

S5J1vAc.gif

EDIT: Not really but I'm really impressed at this tinfoil hat theory...

Well it wouldn't be the first time a developer has siphoned funds from project B to project A.

Or even the first time a Kickstarter game did it (cough)Wayforward(cough).

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I honestly can't tell if Inafune/Mighty no 9 "mismanagement" is a very real thing, or just the natural consequence of thousands of fanboys crudely acting as middle management watching a project come together.

Yes, but it's a box and manual with a download code. They didn't have any actual physical game discs/carts for the Kickstarter, Deep Silver came on as a publisher after it ended and that's the only reason it's getting a real retail release.

Oh wow, so I guess getting a publisher doesn't magically solve every problem, eh? You wouldn't think it after visiting the Red Ash Kickstarter, over there the idea of securing a publisher is all pie in the sky.

Even if they're just delaying the physical retail copies and not the digital release it can't be a good sign of the faith they have on the IP now. And, if true, I'm thinking the disastrous Red Ash Kickstarter might have something to do with this.

Get your shit together, Inafune.

Mr-Joker

Banned
It's amazing how the reaction toward Mighty No 9 when from "YEAH!!" to "meh" and the game isn't even out yet.

What a train wreck that Inafune has left, which makes me wonder Will anyone be on board for Mighty No 9 2?

After all Red Ash kickstarter is struggling to reach its target goal.

Mighty No 9 has received glowing praise so far. The game will be of quality, which makes the delay (if any) all the more confusing.

Mighty No 9 has received glowing praise so far. The game will be of quality, which makes the delay (if any) all the more confusing.
If it's a complete delay that's understandable and I'd be all for it. Further polish can only be a good thing.

But if they just end up delaying/canceling the retail physical copies then that I'll consider extremely confusing.

This comes after a couple of days of Red Ash struggling to make a little more than $3,000 a day on its KS. This mess has got to be connected to MN9 and Comcept's expectations.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
If it's a complete delay that's understandable and I'd be all for it. Further polish can only be a good thing.

But if they just end up delaying/canceling the retail physical copies then that I'll consider extremely confusing.

This comes after a couple of days of Red Ash struggling to make a little more than $3,000 a day on its KS. This mess has got to be connected to MN9 and Comcept's expectations.

Red Ash KS funds go to the finishing development of MNo.9 and then using the income from the latter to actually develop Red Ash confirmed.

/s

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The Mega Man curse continues.

Quentyn

Deep Silver gave a no comment to Videogamer. I guess that practically confirms that at least the retail version is delayed? It would very easy for them say if it is just a retailer error.

Deep Silver has chosen not to comment on rumours suggesting that Mighty No.9 may have been delayed, after it was discovered that various US retailers had updated the game's product page with a placeholder 2016 date.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/might...to_comment_on_rumoured_mighty_no_9_delay.html

TimmiT

I imagine that it demos well at events, but having spent time on the beta: it's basically Azure Striker Gunvolt except with a not as good combo system. I imagine that a lot of people who are expecting something like Mega Man will be disappointed, while really it's mostly Mega Man when it comes to the presentation.

Other people I know who've played the beta have said similar stuff. Not that it'll definitely be a bad game, but I wouldn't set high expectations. Its problems are more with the overall design than lack of polish though, so unless they're heavily revamping stuff a delay seems weird.

Deep Silver gave a no comment to Videogamer. I guess that practically confirms that at least the retail version is delayed? It would very easy for them say if it is just a retailer error.

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/might...to_comment_on_rumoured_mighty_no_9_delay.html
I'll say this again: I really prefer that it is a general delay for further polish and not just a retail delay cause otherwise it'll come across as Deep Silver no longer believing as strongly on the IP. And we all know the least thing we need is another reason to doubt MN9 and Inafune.

If they delay the disc version I guess the digital version will be delayed too, will be a bad deal for Deep Silver if the digital version is released month in advance of the disc version.

[*bursts violently into the room*]

Huff... Huff... Am I too late!?

[*reaches into pocket and pulls out a crumpled up piece of paper, along with other pocket debris that clinks onto the floor*]

Hh... Here..!

[*frantically attempting to smooth out paper and accidentally ripping it a little*]

Ha ha! Nailed it!

[*paper reads: "BUSMAN NOT CREATER" as I am doubled over, unable to catch my breath or stifle my own laughter*]

Hooooo! Nailed it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
" So you guys wont help me crowdfund Red ASH ? Payback !!"

From the official forums:

"Hey guys! Just received word from Nick that it's a mistake. Looks like there was just some miscommunication, no need to worry. The release date is the same!"

Nick is a producer at Comcept.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I noticed the date change on gamefly (who are usually dead-on with delays) about 2 weeks ago.

Here's hoping it is just a mistake.

Corpekata

Banned
If they delay the disc version I guess the digital version will be delayed too, will be a bad deal for Deep Silver if the digital version is released month in advance of the disc version.

I mean, they already did this with Dying Light this year for Europe, and given this is a title that's fairly likely to have digital as a large chunk of its' sales, it would not be unheard of.

Gusto

That sucks. Just retail? What would be the reason for this other than screwing up the process, or wanting to sell digital first then double dip physical on some people?

The same thing I was thinking along with the tweet, he's a business man.

jacobeid

Banned
My biggest problem as a KS backer of this game is that it's been such an annoying few years that I'm so soured on the experience already. I think I would have a lot more fun with this game if I just bought it at release or shortly thereafter.

Top Bottom