• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miguel Ferrer, 61, has died of cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bitches, grieve.

giphy.gif

Fuuuuuuuck RIP :(

Dude's been great in everything I've seen with him.

I'll never forget the first time seeing robocop as a kid and his character snorting cocaine on those two women.

mreddie

He was THAT GUY to me and then looked him up, I have seen 75% of his resume and it's insane.

Even the JLA CBS movie.

Godspeed Miguel.

eso76

Never knew what his name was, but he was, like in every movie / TV show I'd see in the eighties and nineties

Shot, always loved the guy. My sister watched Robocop for the first time over the holidays and she texted me asking if that was the same "War. It's FANtastic!" actor. He will be missed by many.

sinkfla87

I liked this guy, this fucking sucks. You can tell you're getting older when you start seeing all kinds of people you recognize watching or listening to as a kid start passing away :(. Yes, I watched RoboCop as a kid lol. He was wonderful in twin peaks too and I was looking forward to seeing his return :(.

CrunchyB

Aww, shit. He was awesome in Robocop, Twin Peaks and in many other memorable roles.

Come to think of it, I don't think I ever saw him giving a subpar performance. RIP, you seemed like a cool dude.

Never knew his name but when he showed up in a movie I always thought he did a great job and had a distinctive face.

Robocop already mentioned, I also really liked him in the movie "The Night Flier", he's not really sympathetic in the movie but I like the way he's playing the role of the asshole journalist/scummy photgrapher.

Damn, I guess the ill health rumors a while back were true. (Rumor was he had had a stroke I believe?) He was a fantastic actor. Ill always remember him as Bob Morton, as it was such a great role. The character was a sleazeball, but you couldnt help but love him. Come to think of it, most of his characters were sorta like that, tough mean guys, that in the long run were quite likable. As a hispanic man myself, I always looked up to him, not just for the fact that he was a great hispanic actor, but the style of such characters he played. The complex a-hole types. Always been my favorite, maybe because I always wanted to be a little bit like that. I grew up watching his roles, and he was one of the awesome hispanic actors I saw on tv and movies again and again that left a mark, and made you genuinely curious about them, him and Ricardo Montalban personally. Not many left now.

Its gonna be strange but good seeing him again as Albert for one last time in the new season of Twin Peaks I suppose.

LaNaranja

RIP :'(

That Twin Peaks scene everyone is linking to completely caught me off guard and made me immediately fall in love with his character the first time I saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom