• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miitomo's 1st Anniversary Celebration Event!

Miitomo celebrated its first Anniversary in the beginning of March. So here I am 20 days later making a thread on it.

https://miitomo.com/en/events/170331_1st_anniv/

banner_top.png

To celebrate one full year since Miitomo’s launch, a special anniversary event is taking place now within the app.

Starting today and running until the end of April, Miitomo players can grab themselves special login bonuses, Miitomo Drop items and more.

Check out the full list of events, including dates:

Miitomo 1st Anniversary Login Bonuses: Eight daily rewards. Runs from March 30th at 12:00 p.m. PST to April 30th at 12:00 p.m. PST.

Exclusive items:
item1_01.png
item1_03.png

item1_05.png
item1_07.png

Special Miitomo Drop Anniversary Items: Special anniversary-themed versions of popular Miitomo Drop items. Runs from March 30th at 7:00 p.m. PST to April 27th at 7:59 a.m. PST.

Coin-Exclusive Miitomo Drop Comeback Stages: Four stages featuring the most requested items in Style Central. Uses coins to play, not game tickets, and does not have any candy as consolation prizes — only items.

Stage 1: “I do! Wedding Bliss”: Runs from April 1st at 7:00 p.m. PST to April 8th at 6:59 p.m. PST.
Stage 2: “Let nature soothe you. Forest Friends”: Runs from April 8th at 7:00 p.m. PST to April 15th at 6:59 p.m. PST.
Stage 3: “Elegance in darkness… Gothic Fashion”: Runs from April 15th at 7:00 p.m. PST to April 22nd at 6:59 p.m. PST.
Stage 4: “Trick or treat! Happy Halloween”: Runs from April 22nd at 7:00 p.m. PST to April 29th at 6:59 p.m. PST.

Miitomo 1st Anniversary Items Available in Miitomo Shop: Begins March 30th at 7:00 p.m. PST.

banner_contest.png

Miitomo Outfit Design Contest: Players can submit clothing design ideas for the chance to have the items made available in-game. Contest rules. Runs from March 30th at 7:00 p.m. PST to April 16th at 7:59 a.m. PST.

banner_photo.png

A Year in Miifotos Mosaic: Players can submit Miifotos to be published in a “Miifoto mosaic” to “capture the past year.” Begins April 6th at 7:00 p.m. PST.

banner_code.png

Favorites from Style Central, Hand-Selected by the Miitomo Admin Team: The Miitomo “admin team” will be searching Style Central for “the latest and greatest outfits in the Miitomo app.” They’ll then select their favorites and share them with the app’s community through notifications. Begins April 7th at 7:00 p.m. PST.

Anniversary Answers: Anniversary-themed answers and questions will show up in Everybody Answers and Question of the Day. Runs from March 31st at 12:00 a.m. PST to April 24th at 11:59 p.m. PST.

banner_code.png

Miitomo Coin Sale: One-time offer to purchase 6,500 coins for the price of 3,150. Runs from March 30th at 7:00 p.m. PST to April 30th at 7:59 a.m. PST.

So yeah a bunch of the special anniversary events are already over but you can still get those 8 daily rewards or go for the exclusive Miitomo Drop clothing. Besides I don't think anyone not still using Miitomo would do any of those celebratory events anyway.

Miitomo continues on and Nintendo continues to update it with the Miifoto log being added in February and new clothing items almost every week.

I do hope they add more Tomodachi Life elements. I still personally enjoy it though I'm among 16 or so people on my friend list who still use it daily. I still really wish they allowed separation of friends based on groups. Because there are certain answers I don't care strangers knowing but not so for friends or family. So I only have strangers on my friend list.

Proceed to post surprise at Miitomo still going on and people using it. Those are proper reactions to have.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I love Miitomo. Wish some of the clothing wasn't as expensive as I'm not about to start giving mobile apps money, but otherwise it's a fun little time killer every few days.

I don't think I've ever lost interest in a Nintendo product as fast as this. It was really fun the first day...and then that was that. Uninstalled it after about a week.

Became friends with a lot of GAFers on Twitter because of it though.

Miitomo was awesome. I really did learn new stuff about my friends within the two weeks we were all using it. Shame Nintendo didn't implement anything worthwhile to keep you coming back. The premise was solid and worked as intended.

pantsmith

It failed at whatever social network Nintendo tried to build, but whats there (Miifoto, sharing Miis/sidekicks, neat collector's items, etc) is all pretty great and well done.

It'd be a must own if the costumes and customization carried over to Switch or MyNintendo.

God... I loved Miitomo at first and even kept playing up until Switch came out. Once we found out that it really didn't integrate with Switch at all I was more or less done. Maybe they'll add that functionality later, but not being able to use my Miitomo Mii on Switch is dumb as hell.

It doesn't help that at some point, I really just kept checking in every day to grab the Miitomo coins. Now that we still don't have any Switch rewards on My Nintendo, I really don't see a need to keep checking in. I can't bring myself to delete the app though...

I was a avid user of this until it turned out there was no integration with Switch - seemed like a given to me that Miitomo would be multiplatform and that my outfits and such would carry over.

I still log in daily just in case it becomes relevant.

Miitomo was great in that it got me enough Platinum Coins to get me Twilight Princess Picross.

Nintendo never put any good Platinum Coin rewards on the store since then, so this became pretty unnecessary, and since my phone doesn't have unlimited space (and the game instelf was surprisingly large) it had to go.

Even if they did put up a good Platinum Coin reward, I've gotten enough just by logging into the eshop and clicking that daily coin on their website to afford whatever they put up.

Yukinari

Its crazy that they never did more with this game and just made it a dress up game.

A mobile tomodachi life would have been far better.

When I saw this thread title it took me a solid 30 seconds to remember what Miitomo was. I think I only remember it now because it's mentioned on my my.nintendo page a bunch.

It's like this product was built based on a perceived enthusiasm for Miis that never actually existed.

feels older than that for some reason.

It felt a chore after a month or so, maybe they added more reasons to come back on top of the reward points

thanks for artificially boosting my twitter followers!

Calm Mind

You will find no one more positive on Nintendo things (especially their mobile offerings) than me but Miitomo just never clicked with me. I had made some progress? in the app but it never felt like progress. Thankfully, Fire Emblem Heroes came around just as I was losing interest. Time flies. Congrats to Miitomo!

Felensis

Banned
Me and a few friends start only about 2 months ago and we still use Miitomo regularly, but not daily. I wish it would be easier to connect with other people and to separate answers so that some of them only can be seen by trusted friends. My biggest issue with Miitomo is that I don't have too few people which I can interact with. There is a huge potential for doing funny, silly stuff in Miitomo :D

On a sidenote: Nintendo, get your shooter together! Since over two months it won't let me safe my nickname for my Miitomo (which is the same as in RL and nothing offending, of course) because Miitomo says it violates the rules (WTF?!).

Symtendo

I'm still not totally unconvinced that this will be the basis of the Switch Voice Chat app.

They've added a lot of features since launch, most notably a messaging feature, so all it would really take is a friend lobby and voice chat feature and you would have a pretty interactive home for all your Nintendo communication.

Christ, "Negativity - The Thread" all up in here.

Honestly it's a lot less negative than I thought it would be. Then again posting on a Friday afternoon may mean less people were online.

Anyway if anyone actually wants to get into Miitomo and need friends here's some links to add me. Don't worry I actually don't need more friends.

https://support.miitomo.com/friend_code/8300e60396234bbe/06cf81615f7a070898e8d11d97e2db25

https://support.miitomo.com/friend_code/8300e60396234bbe/ab1cf9412f84c9068fb4cbc49004c829

https://support.miitomo.com/friend_code/8300e60396234bbe/71ed1a9ac20f805c893dc04b8bf574b1

PtM

Banned
Happy Anniversary, we're stealthily phasing out pachinko tickets on MyNintendo!
They're back to monthly refills.

Me and a few friends start only about 2 months ago and we still use Miitomo regularly, but not daily. I wish it would be easier to connect with other people and to separate answers so that some of them only can be seen by trusted friends. My biggest issue with Miitomo is that I don't have too few people which I can interact with. There is a huge potential for doing funny, silly stuff in Miitomo :D

On a sidenote: Nintendo, get your shooter together! Since over two months it won't let me safe my nickname for my Miitomo (which is the same as in RL and nothing offending, of course) because Miitomo says it violates the rules (WTF?!).
Since one or two months, Miitomo blocks every Mii name containing "ss" or "sa". You can bet your ass that's Germany only.

blamite

I'd love to live in the universe Miitomo somehow became the world's defacto communication app. In this one, it was fun for a couple days then got a bunch of really nice updated that maybe could've helped it survive a little longer if they'd been there at launch but ultimately just came way to late to make a difference.

I liked Miitomo right up until there's no integration with Switch. You can't even use your Mii with it, and have to make a separate one on the system, come on.

boiled goose

good with gravy
I liked Miitomo right up until there's no integration with Switch. You can't even use your Mii with it, and have to make a separate one on the system, come on.

This is why Miitomo is not bigger.
No integration with anything.

It even has it's own separate friend list. Such frustrating fail..

There's an option in Miitomo to use your Mii from Miitomo as your MyNintendo one.

Also Super Mario Run updated today and one of the new features listed is using your Mii from Miitomo for your profile.

PepperedHam

Honestly upsets me that they didn't iterate on this more. Lots of potential even if they added more stripped down Tomodachi Life features. Bummer, Nintendo.

Alanood

on a side note: I wish tomodachi life comes to smart phones next, the idea of visiting friends' houses/islands and having funny events would really be great. Miitomo was a real letdown for me.

Symtendo

So Super Mario Run got a major update today, including the ability to use your Miitomo Mii including it's outfit that is set up in Miitomo.

This is based on your Nintendo accounts meaning that the outfit is tied to your account which in theory should mean we get them on Switch soon too, the next step on my theory that's Miitomo is going to be the basis of the Switch Voice Chat app

PtM

Banned
So Super Mario Run got a major update today, including the ability to use your Miitomo Mii including it's outfit that is set up in Miitomo.

This is based on your Nintendo accounts meaning that the outfit is tied to your account which in theory should mean we get them on Switch soon too, the next step on my theory that's Miitomo is going to be the basis of the Switch Voice Chat app
It's just a matter of interfaces, theoretically they could implement the option to set up your FEH leader as an SMR avatar.

Now everyone on Super Mario Run can see what I'm wearing. Which is currently Angel Wings, a white Butler Suit and a Skull Mask.

Marcel

It was a pretty weak experience even at the start and if this "special" anniversary update is any indication it's still pretty underwhelming.

Top Bottom