• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miiverse getting a redesign this summer [Now live]

I can't tell if the people complaining about "no more roleplaying" or having giant conversations, are serious or not.
I'd think they're both pretty serious; both are pretty popular on Miiverse. Personally, at least, I'm not too big a fan of the roleplaying, but I do enjoy myself some giant conversations on Miiverse, so...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Here's an improvement they do need, more than 1004 comments for important news posts. So often the comment section is filled up (mostly by spam) before one even has a chance to comment.

This is the nearest point addressing my concerns:
3.) We are planning to enable the posting of screenshots saved in the Album also into the “Drawings” and “Discussion” sections. This will be implemented sometime in the near future.

but it seems odd a current function has to now be implemented in the future. Also the fact that screenshots now seem to go into an album and have to then be taken from there for posts seems rather convoluted.

B4s5C

With this investment in Miiverse, it is definitely going to be incorporated into Nintendo's next system(s). Not that I had a doubt but I never really thought about it.

Shiggy

Many Miiverse users are kids, they mean it, bless their little hearts.

Yup.
CKiGmp7UwAAhgz1.jpg

The Activity Feed will remain as it is, you just won’t be able to post in it. You can still see the posts made by your friends and the people that you are following.

Looks like they haven't changed that bit. Well, that sucks.

PtM

Banned
but it seems odd a current function has to now be implemented in the future. Also the fact that screenshots now seem to go into an album and have to then be taken from there for posts seems rather convoluted.
IIRC, the album is of limited size, so that's surely not how it will work out. Seems more like an additional feature.

Vena

I do wish they'd reverse course on the post limit, I really don't get the point.

While I was unaware of huge discussion threads, I do know that some artists get a lot of traffic and I feel like this would hurt them.

There's no way to sort community posts by popularity anymore? That sucks. I quite like seeing the best stuff from the Art Academy community.

cyba89

A bit disappointing that you can't place your older screenshots into the album.

There's no way to sort community posts by popularity anymore? That sucks. I quite like seeing the best stuff from the Art Academy community.

You can still do that, but only in the drawings-section, not in the Play Journal-section.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So can a journal entry be made with a drawing or does that have to go in the drawing section meaning one can't illustrate an achievement?

That was literally my main use of Miiverse so it would be annoying if that was removed.

So can a journal entry be made with a drawing or does that have to go in the drawing section meaning one can't illustrate an achievement?

That was literally my main use of Miiverse so it would be annoying if that was removed.

If true that's some major fuckup.

Yeah. It's their attempt to stop the constant non-game related conversation that kept getting in the way of things

So they changed it just to? I don't get it

STG

Looks like it, there is only a normal text entry for play journal posts, and the mention that you can still draw if you make a post in the community of the game itself, just like before the re-design.

Hikami

Eh, well I'm disappointed.
Was hoping the photo album thing would mean you could actually take screenshots for games that don't have miiverse communities now but nope.. still only for supported titles.

Login and go to https://miiverse.nintendo.net/admin_messages on the web version, or go to the “Notifications” tab on Wii U / 3DS and scroll to the very bottom to see moderation messages.
Okay, found it... it was because I had information about how to contact me on an external website. i.e., I had posted my GAF username in my profile comment. I had had that there since the beginning; I wonder why it took them till the update to notice?

Peltz

Did they ever add the ability to take screenshots without booting into Miiverse? A simple button combo (e.g. press Home, + and - simultaneously) to save a shot like on PSVita would be cool.

Pokemaniac

Did they ever add the ability to take screenshots without booting into Miiverse? A simple button combo (e.g. press Home, + and - simultaneously) to save a shot like on PSVita would be cool.

You can also upload them with the Internet Browser, which can potentially be much quicker.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Well, this Miiverse update is pretty lame so far. It didn't incorporate any of the previous content. A few posts I made in a smaller community have basically become invisible You can't add previously taken screenshots or artwork to your album. On top of all that, it's less intuitive when trying to see popular artwork/posts.

I wasn't expecting much, but they still managed to disappoint.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I seem to remember an admin mentioning they'd bring back old screenshots after the update. I hope they do, it'd be a pity otherwise.

I'm still baffled there's no search function at all for text post content. 3 years after release your only option is to rely on Google's indexation.

I'm still baffled there's no search function at all for text post content. 3 years after release your only option is to rely on Google's indexation.
Really, Google works on it? Last I checked the Miiverse robots.txt (to see if they allowed archive.org to crawl it), and they disallowed anyone from accessing user pages... isn't that where text posts are stored under?

Really, Google works on it? Last I checked the Miiverse robots.txt (to see if they allowed archive.org to crawl it), and they disallowed anyone from accessing user pages... isn't that where text posts are stored under?

If I remember correctly, a long time ago, post pages (and user profiles) were not accessible if you were not logged into Miiverse, so Google couldn't index them. They changed that. The robots.txt doesn't block /posts/ nor /replies/ (to be fair, seeing how Nintendo blocked everything else, it may be an oversight instead of an intended omission).

Random example of a post / reply page:
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFIo4lk0w
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/replies/AYQHAAABAACXVHhm2i1M1A

Still, a lot of content isn't indexed by Google so it's not practical.

Top Bottom