• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Milo Yiannopoulos planned to 'publicy name undocumented students' in cancelled talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neogaf should look at he referrer logs there is a Reddit topic or voat or whatever slime pit that dresses kids up in explosive arguments and aims them here then monitors them until they are arrested. Then it laughs and recalibrates a new one. They are probably promised something like 100 virgin online moba opponents or something.

Chumley

Banned
Hes not a nazi

tumblr_inline_o2qzsdoLYD1rsbkqj_400.png

Beating the fuck out of people immediately destroys your agument

No it doesn't. Beating the fuck out of an abusive drunk, a rapist, or a nazi does not suddenly make them good people. Maybe it'll make them reexamine why they got beaten up and one day change.

sounds like facism to me.

Oh, the old "you're a fascist for shutting down fascists" argument. Tell that to the people who tried to assassinate Hitler. I swear to fucking christ, it's like you r/t_d people have never read a history book.

oh Dave Rubin's one to talk.

Milo played him like a fiddle. He makes speeches that include Rubin as an anecdote of being an ashamed liberal. Rubin is totally compromised and used by Milo.
Rubin's entire shtick is that he's a self-hating liberal who wants to 'save' the left from itself but it's pretty obvious he's conservative given his twitter behavior and who he regularly has on his show. Him trying to make Glenn Beck out to be a centrist (and no I don't give a shit about his comments on Trump) are just one red flag out of many Rubin's playing a character as well. Even while I have my issues with Harris and Maher I don't get the impression they're lying about their politics whereas Rubin probably saw a reactionary, very easy to manipulate movement like Gamergate as an easy way out of liberalism and into pandering to the alt-right.

I mean, I agree with the "I don't agree with what you say but I'll defend your right to say it" rhetoric, but the same message is almost definitely coming from far more respectable and sincere political commentators than Rubin.

Regardless, these people are playing characters designed to inflame and concern troll and to that extent Rubin is right that yes, the left is being played and actively gives power to these people. It's blatantly obvious Milo's a con artist and the best way to combat him would be to just hammer down on his insecurities with money and how he fleeces money off people while droning out his dumb "I AM A DANGEROUS FAGGOT" rhetoric specifically designed to distract you, but that's far less cathartic than focusing on his toxic persona, so at that point I don't think we're going to see anyone properly shut him down any time soon.

Ms.Galaxy

Actually, I have a bit of evidence that he would likely do this.

He did this at UNM recently:

ioK7bs3.png

So yeah... Would not surprise me one single bit.

Ridisc

Banned
tumblr_inline_o2qzsdoLYD1rsbkqj_400.png

No it doesn't. Beating the fuck out of an abusive drunk, a rapist, or a nazi does not suddenly make them good people. Maybe it'll make them reexamine why they got beaten up and one day change.

Oh, the old "you're a fascist for shutting down fascists" argument. Go back to r/t_d please.

You could argue with me instead, you havent tried

Dave Rubin, eh? He recently put up some commentary about the recent event. He obviously takes a "I don't agree with everything you say, but I defend your freedom to say it" stance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRBwjMn-Fto

Agree? Disagree?

I think what Milo is preaching is extreme radical right wing extremism. That often radicalises young white adults into acts of violence or at the very least attempts to convert more people to extreme right wing idealogies.

So he's entitled to his free speech under the constitution despite that knowledge? So logically we're also saying Radical Islamist clerics should also be allowed to publicly speak to the masses that want them as well?

Chumley

Banned
You could argue with me instead, you havent tried

Your argument is that Milo is not that bad and that beating up his followers invalidates every opposition to him, which are both utterly nonsense statements. Do you need me to source when he talked about how women should be in camps, that feminism is cancer, doxxing transgender people, arranging a harassment campaign against Leslie Jones fueled by virulent racism, etc. etc.? The only reason he hasn't straight up identified himself as a white supremacist is because it might lose him money.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Apparently he denied it in a tweet. But I don't trust that for a second. He publicly outed a transgender student and deadnamed her, it's not at all beyond him to do something like that.

I really wish everyone, but especially universities, would shun the hell out of this worthless piece of shit.

Ridisc

Banned
Your argument is that Milo is not that bad and that beating up his followers invalidates every opposition to him, which are both utterly nonsense statements. Do you need me to source when he talked about how women should be in camps, that feminism is cancer, doxxing transgender people, arranging a harassment campaign against Leslie Jones fueled by virulent racism, etc. etc.? The only reason he hasn't straight up identified himself as a white supremacist is because it might lose him money.

Well that tells me enough, you have not really read what I have said.

So I have to deduce your idea of an argument is to put words in your opponents mouth and the argue against those, so we shant argue because you cant exist in good faith, I am sorry.

Go home and ruin your own country you piece of shit. ((Yes I know how that sounds -_-)) He should have no opinion.

Where is the anger at whoever is inviting this trash to speak?

BTA

I'm not even surprised by this shit anymore, but it does baffle me how he keeps getting even worse. Maybe that means he'll finally cross some line that'll be too much for colleges. But people would probably get hurt in the process and I don't want that. And at this rate, with people still thinking he should still be ignored, there's probably not even a line to cross.

Ms.Galaxy

Go home and ruin your own country you piece of shit. ((Yes I know how that sounds -_-)) He should have no opinion.

Where is the anger at whoever is inviting this trash to speak?

The anger lies with the people protesting this and asking universities to not let him speak, which in turn makes people cry "but freedom of speech?!"

All of his highest rated videos come from people invading his platform, his actual speeches, the ones where he talks from start to finish, tend to not get much traction. He makes a career of being provocative because he knows the bait is too tempting.

Its entirely possible that not rioting was a better use of time than giving him a national stage.

Tell that to doxxed trans and immigrant students.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Rubin's entire shtick is that he's a self-hating liberal who wants to 'save' the left from itself but it's pretty obvious he's conservative given his twitter behavior and who he regularly has on his show. Him trying to make Glenn Beck out to be a centrist (and no I don't give a shit about his comments on Trump) are just one red flag out of many Rubin's playing a character as well. Even while I have my issues with Harris and Maher I don't get the impression they're lying about their politics whereas Rubin probably saw a reactionary, very easy to manipulate movement like Gamergate as an easy way out of liberalism and into pandering to the alt-right.

I mean, I agree with the "I don't agree with what you say but I'll defend your right to say it" rhetoric, but the same message is almost definitely coming from far more respectable and sincere political commentators than Rubin.

Regardless, these people are playing characters designed to inflame and concern troll and to that extent Rubin is right that yes, the left is being played and actively gives power to these people. It's blatantly obvious Milo's a con artist and the best way to combat him would be to just hammer down on his insecurities with money and how he fleeces money off people while droning out his dumb "I AM A DANGEROUS FAGGOT" rhetoric specifically designed to distract you, but that's far less cathartic than focusing on his toxic persona, so at that point I don't think we're going to see anyone properly shut him down any time soon.
I'm not sure if Rubin is a "character". I just saw him as kind of a dope- the embodiment of "if you stand for nothing, you'll fall for anything".

But you could be right. Either way, he should be taken with a grain of salt.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
It's not like you have to brand Milo as a Nazi to utterly despise him, he's a fucking shithead no matter what you describe him as.

grumble

This guy's agenda is driven forward every time thread like this gets made about him. Sites like neoGAF are creating his success.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I think what Milo is preaching is extreme radical right wing extremism. That often radicalises young white adults into acts of violence or at the very least attempts to convert more people to extreme right wing idealogies.

So he's entitled to his free speech under the constitution despite that knowledge? So logically we're also saying Radical Islamist clerics should also be allowed to publicly speak to the masses that want them as well?

As long as what they say doesn't fall under this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_free_speech_exceptions

religious preachers can say whatever they want, even "radical Islamist" ones.

It's sorta like how these guys don't get arrested:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snyder_v._Phelps

But this guy does:

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/24/virginia.terror.sentence/

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
this is the third thread on the Milo at Berkeley thing. The last two didn't work out, so let's not do this over and over again please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom