• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft Wii U Edition rated by Pegi

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Sooo...

... after Cloud (!!) being in Smash, are they going to announce the Minecraft Wii U Version in the Smash special and then talk about how Steve is the latest Smash newcomer?

EVERYTHING IS POSSIBLE NOW!

Why not just add in Shit Pickle while we're at it?

For fuck's sake.

I guess they weren't ready to announce it yet.

Wonder if Microsoft just doesn't want Nintendo to include Minecraft in their marketing. They want to get some money from the small Wii U audience, but they don't want to be giving Nintendo a boost.

Wonder if Microsoft just doesn't want Nintendo to include Minecraft in their marketing. They want to get some money from the small Wii U audience, but they don't want to be giving Nintendo a boost.

You're assuming Nintendo want to announce a port this late on a Direct. I bet MS would be perfectly happy for the publicity

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Good for Nintendo, but way too late unfortunately. This game would have been a perfect fit for Nintendo, but they completely dropped the ball by not getting it before. Strange MS is letting this happen though.

MrV4ltor

I wonder if it still comming, maybe it was sliped by Pegi, but not to mean announced yet...
Of course it's still coming. This has happened before with both USK and PEGI. Limbo was leaked through a rating by the USK that was then pulled, just like this one, only to be confirmed for the eShop a couple of weeks or so later.

jariw

Of course it's still coming. This has happened before with both USK and PEGI. Limbo was leaked through a rating by the USK that was then pulled, just like this one, only to be confirmed for the eShop a couple of weeks or so later.

Yes, a PEGI registration costs money and involves paperwork, it's not something that happens by mistake. The thing that puzzles me is why Microsoft or Nintendo want this to be a surprise reveal. The only explanation I can find is the upcoming TGA.

MrV4ltor

Yes, a PEGI registration costs money and involves paperwork, it's not something that happens by mistake. The thing that puzzles me is why Microsoft or Nintendo want this to be a surprise reveal. The only explanation I can find is the upcoming TGA.
I could see them announcing it on some random wednesday in a press release tbh. TGA is gonna be for other things.

AzaK

How did we go from "It should have been on WiiU sooner" to "they should have bought them"??

Two separate statements. Nintendo should have had Minecraft years ago when it was already popular. On Wii possibly and DEFINITELY Wii U launch.

The game is out on every system and mobile... No it wouldn't have made a difference. Stop being delusional. Every exclusive Nintendo first party title couldn't change the outcome of WiiU failure yet we have people thinking that a multiplattform game that can be played on every other system would somehow magically sold the unappealing expensive Nintendo box.

Oh it's way too late for that. But before MS bought it and it was on consoles, if Nintendo had have moved fast to secure it, imagine the difference it'd make. If Nintendo would have owned it (they should have as it's a game up their alley) it'd be a different story.

TunaLover

Cypronia said:
Believe us, it is not easy... Creating an update of this magnitude is very challenging. Testing alone is a very daunting task--we do not want to release an incomplete product. As you can see, there were some attempts by others to do something similar... UCraft has been delayed for years, and Minecraft for the Wii U seems to be a false rumor.
Cypronia is an indie developer they create Minecraft clone Cube Life.

Effect

Of course they'll say it's a false rumour, they want people buying their version

True but the rating was removed and there is still no sign that a Wii U version of Minecraft even exist. Yes they want people to buy their game but that doesn't make what they're saying any less valid from the way things look.

GulAtiCa

I doubt Pegi rating was false. Pegi rating like that isn't something they easily mess up with. They likely took it down by request.

Pegi ratings cost money and require a working copy to even be rated. Granted, through IARC and Nintendo, PEGi is now free, but would require Nintendo to have that title named and verified.

True but the rating was removed and there is still no sign that a Wii U version of Minecraft even exist. Yes they want people to buy their game but that doesn't make what they're saying any less valid from the way things look.

If the game didn't exist the rating would never have existed, simples

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I doubt Pegi rating was false. Pegi rating like that isn't something they easily mess up with. They likely took it down by request.

Pegi ratings cost money and require a working copy to even be rated. Granted, through IARC and Nintendo, PEGi is now free, but would require Nintendo to have that title named and verified.

good points, thank you!

Effect

Gotcha. Thanks!

GulAtiCa

The funny thing is Stone Shire costs $1, but Nintendo fee for it is $1.2, so he is literally paying Nintendo $0.20 per copy sold. The dev doesn't care apparently. We tried warning him, but apparently he brushed it off and doesn't care. I don't think he understood. He will in a few months when his payment from Nintendo is near $0 though.. lol

The funny thing is Stone Shire costs $1, but Nintendo fee for it is $1.2, so he is literally paying Nintendo $0.20 per copy sold. The dev doesn't care apparently. We tried warning him, but apparently he brushed it off and doesn't care. I don't think he understood. He will in a few months when his payment from Nintendo is near $0 though.. lol

Will Nintendo just call it zero or will they charge him per copy?

adroit

The funny thing is Stone Shire costs $1, but Nintendo fee for it is $1.2, so he is literally paying Nintendo $0.20 per copy sold.
I used to work for a (very) small landscaping company when I was in high school and my boss used to joke, "We lose a little money on every job but we make it up in the volume!"

Top Bottom