• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Miyamoto teases "new franchise" for 2014

QaaQer

so, what are the odds that the first gaf thread about this secret project post reveal will have 'fucking' in the title?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Hopefully not something like "Wii U Something Something". Or Nintendo Birds, or some casual crap. It would be nice to have something as cool as Zelda.

Volotaire

Remember when they teased a new IP from him and we were all excited? Yeah it was Wii Fit and Wii music...

New concepts that were financially interesting and curious to the games industry as well as to the wider games audience as well. What's wrong with that?

Moreover, the first time Wii music was unveiled, it was a pretty interesting title. (E3 2006)

Oh and Wii fit was certainly an interesting concept.

Scrawnton

New concepts that were financially interesting and curious to the games industry as well as to the wider games audience as well. What's wrong with that?

Moreover, the first time Wii music was unveiled, it was a pretty interesting title. (E3 2006)

I agree Wii Music looked interesting, then it turned out only being an interactive toy with not challenge or anything to make it an interesting video game. A Wii Music with a song editor like in mario paint wouldve made it at least acceptable.

WiiU should have released this year. Period.

Late August/September without the crappy 3rd party conversions, but with also Pikmin 3 from the start and a 50$ lower price point (unique sku).
And following, the robust lineup that's actually coming now.
Could have been a fantastic package from the beginning.

They really must try hard now to reverse the bad reputation WiiU earned now.

Its bizarre how this interview just sort of... invalidates all the E3 ones he gave. Especially the "about time" bit. Just couldn't admit some gaijin rabblerousers were spot on with their criticisms of Nintendo's E3 showing but more comfortable with a japanese interview?

Or that. Ugh.

The "about time" links to what Iwata said about E3 about getting all of the games people know are coming (Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Mario) and that the unexpected announcements would follow.

There's literally nothing contradictory about these statements at all.

spekkeh

Banned
I wonder what's his current favorite hobby.

XNRR08v.jpg

Nordic walking maybe?

Fuck yeah Wii Nordic Walk U

ron-paul.gif

AzaK

Well I'll obviously wait and see but I have zero faith it will be anything I'm interested in. It will be either small and casual or very mainstream.

Nibel

Everything awesome that Nintendo does is slated for 2014

Man, really hope for a "new IP" alá Pikmin and not Wii _____

Oersted

A new and original game from Miyamoto was first revealed in January 2012, when the Associated Press reported that the designer was at work on an "undisclosed original title."

It was revealed? Huh?

"Miyamoto reveals new IP: Its Fucking Wii U Dance...."

They already got Sing Party which includes dancing. Would be fucking pointless.

Volotaire

I agree Wii Music looked interesting, then it turned out only being an interactive toy with not challenge or anything to make it an interesting video game. A Wii Music with a song editor like in mario paint wouldve made it at least acceptable.

Yes, and hopefully we will see a new intriguing concept .That's why it's interesting. Execution is for another day.

aparisi2274

I sure hope his new passion isn't doing laundry or something, or else we'll get a new game where we spend the entire time in a washing machine... maybe with bonus dryer levels...

Seriously though, I hope it is really something epic, along the lines of Zelda.

AzaK

I sure hope his new passion isn't doing laundry or something, or else we'll get a new game where we spend the entire time in a washing machine... maybe with bonus dryer levels...

Seriously though, I hope it is really something epic, along the lines of Zelda.
Didn't he say, around the time of those retirement rumours, he wanted to do small projects?

Top Bottom