• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2014-2015 Offseason |OT| Playoff Dreaming

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Surprised the Mets gave Lagares an extension. His agent got him a nice contract considering he was on the minimum for both this year and next

BFIB

You think that's bad? Carlos Rondon was almost a Brewer. They couldn't agree on money so he went to NC State instead. The difference in price? 100K.

Steve Carlton was traded by the St. Louis Cardinals after asking for a 10K raise per year.

If we didn't pan out w/ the Brock/Briglio trade, that would by far stand out as the worst trade the Cardinals ever made.

Speaking of which, what would you say is your teams best/worst trade?

zychi

Banned
I don't get the MLBPA talking about Bryant. He's technically not in the PA yet, right? Because he has yet to play a game in the big leagues? So they have no say what happens with him, especially when they actively negotiated the current terms.

They're also hurting a player that IS in the PA by saying Bryant should be up, and someone else should be down.

Idiots.

Lagares doesn't do anything for me offensively.
But I guess he is a great defensive player.

For the Cubs the best trade since I've been around is either Jose Hernandez + Specs for Aramis Ramirez and Kenny Lofton or Hee Sop Choi for Derrek Lee. Feldman for Arrieta and Strop could become one of the best too if they continue their good pitching.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I don't get the MLBPA talking about Bryant. He's technically not in the PA yet, right? Because he has yet to play a game in the big leagues? So they have no say what happens with him, especially when they actively negotiated the current terms.

They're also hurting a player that IS in the PA by saying Bryant should be up, and someone else should be down.

Idiots.

Pretty much. Mike Olt should just stop paying his dues because the PA couldn't give less of a shit about him.

ill def. be watching some taijuan walker starts. the dude is a grade A athlete and i'm hoping he suceeds. hoping somehow we get a fatcolo colon vs. Walker game this season.

ampere

Idiots.

Yeah, it's stupid. They want to see another big contract sooner I guess.

Beckx

Idiots.

No no, I'm sure they'll be tweeting on behalf of Holdzkom getting sent down any minute now. Any minute....

-------------

If you watched any of the Spring Koshien tournament, here's the highlights of the final. Two monster players that went beast mode through the 9 days.

Bonus Shohei Otani blast and I'll leave you with your top ceremonial first pitch of 2015.

Yeah, it's stupid. They want to see another big contract sooner I guess.

Every PA for every sport, IMO, is pretty shit. MLB isn't quite as bad as the NFL one which basically has 0 power, but they're up there.

Wonder why they aren't up in arms about a guy who wasn't a big bonus baby. For instance, Matt Reynolds has done more than enough in ST (hitting almost .400, 4 HR's) to be in the bigs, and yet we're sending him down to the minors again.

Where's the outrage there? It doesn't exist because Reynolds is just an okay player. They stop caring when the outcome stops lining their own pockets. And THAT is why they are so weak and so inept.

Edit:

SENBATSU WAS AMAZING.

Seriously best it's been in years. So glad to not see a Metro team or a team not named Osaka Toin win the title. I really hope Hiranuma gets some rest on that arm and they ride this momentum. Toin is no unbeatable this year, and with their ace taking a beating like that? It's just going to get worse.

I feel seriously bad for that kid. Matsumoto gutted him. Will be interesting to see if he can bounce back.

He was crying when headed back to the dugout. Seriously heartbreaking.

With Japanese baseball it could go either way. He could use this as a drive to get better and push himself to become a real ace.

Or he could fall apart and leave Toin without a talented pitcher.

NPB season in full effect, HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE

poseycleaningtrophy.gif

Screen_Shot_2015-03-26_at_11.03.14_AM.0.0.png

Damn Boras is so butt hurt over Kris Bryant... Let it go dude, he'll continue to make you stupid richer one year later, relax!

The same Boras who would make his clients wait until July to even sign a deal so he could get the biggest cut of a bigger deal.

Forgive me for not weeping for him. lol.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Idiots.

Its a negotiating posture which will be irrelevant once whoever is taking lead in the negotiations points out that baseball is the only league in the US without a salary cap or restricted free agency.

Its a negotiating posture which will be irrelevant once whoever is taking lead in the negotiations points out that baseball is the only league in the US without a salary cap or restricted free agency.

"We're offering to pay you 80 Million dollars, guaranteed. Like, even if your knee explodes from a land mine, TOMORROW, you get that money. Suck it up big man."

Top Bottom