• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2015 Regular Season |OT| Pickin' Up the Pace of Play

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you

Welcome to the thread where we talk about beisbol and what to put on hotdogs. Ketchup is the obvious choice. Whenever you feel down, always remember Dan Uggla is a World Series Champion with a ring to prove it.

Opening Night/Day Schedule
iV4nF4i.gif

The Divisions for the noobs
TcDKx7Q.png

The Outdated NeoGAF Chosen Teams!
http://i.imgur.com/KgpcVYy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HrGEduH.jpg

Code:
Pick'ems:
AL East
Yankees
Rays
Red Sox
Blue Jays
Orioles

AL Central
Twins
Indians
White Sox
Royals
Tigers

AL West
Angels
A's
Rangers
Mariners
Astros

NL East
Phillies
Braves 
Mets
Marlins
Natinals

NL Central
Cubs
Reds
Cardinals
Brewers
Pirates

NL West
Dodgers
Diamondbacks
Giants
Rockies
Padres

NL MVP:
AL MVP:
NL Cy:
AL Cy:

AL Champ:
NL Champ:
World Series:

LVlIz.gif

edqsjWG.png

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
They still playin' real baseball this year? Don't think they told that to the folks down in Georgia.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Odd year or not, as long as the Doyers fail in spectacular fashion to end their season at some point that's enough of a victory for me.

And is anyone ever going to update/cleanup that team loyalty chart? lol

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Odd year or not, as long as the Doyers fail in spectacular fashion to end their season at some point that's enough of a victory for me.

And is anyone ever going to update/cleanup that team loyalty chart? lol
I found the psd files for them if someone wants it to work on it. I just don't remember who likes who besides the folks who often post here lol.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i'm calling it now. Atlanta Braves 2015 Champs!

(of the Stone Mountain Beer League).

Enron

Banned
For of those of you in the NeoGAF Fantasy Baseball League that is drafting tonight, the draft is still on. Check the league messages for what went down. Keepers are still the same, but some changes are on the way for next year!

In the meantime, if anyone is interested in a spot in this league, please PM me immediately. If I dont hear from anyone after a couple of hours, i'm going to start reaching out to those that expressed an interest in the other league that I am the commish for.

New teams will not have any keepers obviously, but will get the first picks in the draft before the returning teams, who will then pick in the reverse order in which they finished last year. (since I was the champ, I will be picking last)

Current keeper rules are that teams can only keep up to 3 players, and can only keep 1 player per round. So there are plenty of star players available to the new keeperless squads!

Thanks!

Below are the league settings.

League ID#: 3902
League Name: NEOGAF Baseball
Auto-renew Enabled: No
Password:
Custom League URL: http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/gaf
Season Type: Full
Draft Type: Live Standard Draft
Draft Time: Thu Apr 2 8:00pm EDT [ Add to My Calendar ]
Live Draft Pick Time: 1 Minute
Keeper Settings: Yes, enable Keeper League Management tools
Keeper Deadline Date: Wed Apr 1 3:00am EDT
Max Teams: 14
Scoring Type: Head-to-Head
Player Universe: All baseball
New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo adds them View List of Forced Players
Max Acquisitions for Entire Season: No maximum
Max Trades for Entire Season No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2
Trade End Date: August 16, 2015
Allow Draft Pick Trades: No
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Waiver Mode: Standard
Can't Cut List Provider: None
Trade Review: Commissioner
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Acquisitions per Week: 6
Min Innings Pitched: 25
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Start Scoring on: Week 1
Playoffs: Week 22, 23 and 24 (6 teams) Note: Week 24 runs 7 days from Sep 21 to Sep 27
Playoff Tie-Breaker: Best regular season record vs opponent wins
Playoff Reseeding: No
Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes
Divisions: Yes (2 divisions)
Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners advance but seeded by overall standings
Make League Publicly Viewable: No
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, CI, MI, LF, CF, RF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL, DL, NA
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Walk Ratio (K/BB), Quality Starts (QS)

This will be the last time this calendar year where I can plausibly have the belief that the Yankees will win the division and challenge for the World Series (since the season hasn't started yet) - reality will set in really quickly. :(

No matter what though, FUCK THE RED SOX.

Return of project A13 confirmed!

ampere

even with Lester getting TJ by midseason?

Hopefully not! I like Lester, but I do think that contract was excessive. Unless you are Madison Bumgarner, basically the Eli Manning of Baseball (I hate you Eli), you aren't worth a big contract.

dork

Banned
So ESPN plans on keeping that K zone thing up during most pitches during the season...ugh. Its so annoying....replay is fine, we don't need it distracting me on half the game though.

BFIB

Are there plans to put temp seats up in the bleachers or something for Sunday Nights Opener?

Its going to be so odd having no fans in the outfield. This is going to be like watching some baseball from the 70's.

Friggz

Had my draft last night. 14 team league. 21 rounds (5 bench spots). I had the 5th pick

1 Mccutchen
2 Donaldson
3 Harper
4 Gerrit Cole
5 Desmond
6 Kemp
7 Bryant
8 Carrasco
9 Richards
10 Dozier
11 Duda
12 Cashner
13 Rondon
14 Benoit
15 Pederson
16 Mccarthy
17 Lackey
18 Wily peralta
19 Shane Greene
20 Russell Martin
21 TJ House

Parch

In the meantime, if anyone is interested in a spot in this league, please PM me immediately. If I dont hear from anyone after a couple of hours, i'm going to start reaching out to those that expressed an interest in the other league that I am the commish for.
Cystm and Fox318 were on the waiting list.

Good luck with the league.

Top Bottom