• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB The Show 17' |OT| Now with less Papi!

So yeah this just happened in extra innings in events, in that same game where my base runners failed to have a working brain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhuWFAcf07U

It's going to be painful to watch. I know where I messed up now, but wow.

Never have I screamed at the game louder. Good thing I have a light stress ball around me because I just chucked that fucker against the floor so hard. Good thing my dog was around to soften me up because for a moment he thought I was mad at him so I had to make sure he knew that wasn't the case. (My dog thinks I'm a crazy fuck because of this game)

I think that Pirates lefty is Felipe Rivero lol

New bases loaded pack today. Fuck it, I've got the stubs, why the hell not.
bad idea

Oh yeah, I some how unconsciously remembered it later in the post. I'm going on not much sleep. Lol.

sh1fty

Not a bad option going with the Rockies. I would recommend the 98 Boggs. That guy just flat rakes. Since the patch he has been my best home run hitter. His PCI is the largest in the game and with 99 contact and 80+ power he just rips everything. Honestly my favorite 3B, even over Brett which I thought I'd never say. Makes the hits grind with him worth it. Although honestly his rookie card is pretty good too, same PCI and contact with just less power (still hit 18 HR's with him during the grind to 118 hits.)

At least getting Arenado WAS the plan... There's someone online right now who is after him too and keeps putting in Buy Orders 5 stubs above mine. So frustrating!

crpav

Wow at that clip. Just shaking my head.

I don't play online but doing my White Sox Franchise and last night was "bomb" night for all.

I led off the bottom of the first with a 460 foot shot with Tim Anderson. Later Edwin Encarnacion hit a massive 501 shot off of me right after a solo wall scraper by another of their players. Then later I hit a monster 490 foot shot down the line with Matt Davidson. When I thought it was over I hit a 2 run no doubter with Tim Anderson that was 486 feet.

I can see Encarnacion and Davidson maybe hitting for those distances but Tim Anderson twice shocked me.

On another note relating to home runs, anyone else notice the second graphic when the next player is at bat showing the previous home run distance is always 1 foot longer than when the initial distance is shown?

Rommel

Ahhh another inception Bases Loaded pack today. I actually kind of like those. Got a rookie Hershiser and cards worth 5k stubs past that so I can't complain to much.

Rommel

Only 7 more hits with Joe Random... ugh this will take forever.

After playing events and BR I'm not used to WS caliber players again. First 4 games against ranked opponents I ran into guys with near perfect plate discipline. Super annoying when you are trying to get impact strikeouts. 8 IP with Ryan and only 3k's in one win.

Haha yeah, trying to get that rookie 7 strikeouts in a ranked game to finish Archer...not sure how I'm going to get that in. Even if I hit WS and devote myself to doing it, it'll be really hard

what's the easiest griffey jr card to get for the father's day mission?

Both the rookie and vet card are up in the ticket store, and those are probably the easiest to get. I forgot how it is you get the IV Reds version.

I think you get Sr. for getting 15 Yankees.

I got the Ozzie Smith daily epic. First part is getting 2 hits with switch hitters in events game. Second part is .... 100 hits. LMAO!!!

Why do people keep hitting my Lou Brock?

15 more wins to event Cano.....

Amazing how many people are using 99 Griffey in this event and reallllly suck with him

Rommel

Posada swings a great bat

But holy fuck is he slow

I bat him 8th to clear the bases before the pitcher. That way I don't feel like I'm clogging the base paths.

Finished the first two Joe Random missions... first one sucked... second one was easy... third one... well that I think will take me a month to finish. And I'll have to tank my ranking to get it done because no one strikes out above 700. At least not at the rate I'll need lol.

2kOAiRD.jpg

Although I could use a few more of these...

G6zeZ3i.jpg

Who at Sony decided it was okay to try and run this game at 4k? It runs like garbage. Choppier than a lumber jack at sea during a storm. No wonder they didn't force downsampling. The only way to really play the game correctly is at 1080, or high frame rate mode.

Yiiiiiikes

They really make you earn this shit...match Vida's stats in non-CPU games? GG

I'm seriously thinking about getting Gagne....but why drop 150k on a reliever? but I may use him to carry me through events lol

Also, I think I'm officially sick of K-Rod. Dude blew another save last night!

Has anyone here had the privilege of facing that Gagne yet?

I just bought that 2014 Neshek. I'm hoping he can carry me to the end of events, lol. Thinking about picking up that Gagne, I could basically just have Neshek-Gagne-Whoever else pitch the whole game every game, lol

I finally got to use Nolan Ryan and holy shit! He is the truth. In the video I saw, the guy basically threw FBs and Change-ups and threw each pitch everywhere in the zone. In 2 strike counts or double play situations, throw that curve low.

First game line

7 IP 4 Hits 1 Earned Run 0 Walks 14 Strike Outs 94 pitches.

Guy I was playing was good going by the 94 pitches in 7 innings. Had good plate discipline. I got to have 3 games today during little guys naps and won them all.

I finally got to use Nolan Ryan and holy shit! He is the truth. In the video I saw, the guy basically threw FBs and Change-ups and threw each pitch everywhere in the zone. In 2 strike counts or double play situations, throw that curve low.

First game line

7 IP 4 Hits 1 Earned Run 0 Walks 14 Strike Outs 94 pitches.

Guy I was playing was good going by the 94 pitches in 7 innings. Had good plate discipline. I got to have 3 games today during little guys naps and won them all.

I used Ryan in the event and gave up back to homeruns to start the game lol.... Usually ppl can't hit his heater

I want to check that out. I thought the BO Nolan Ryan would be as good, and he's ok, but something about his changeup just terrifies me...it seems to lose confidence super quickly.

Ah yes. It has a control of 30 LMAO. No wonder.

You know what just hit me? The only collections left that I would care to complete left are the Cubs and Nationals. But they're so expensive and not all that worth it for a Dawson/Fergie. I've accepted that I'm not going to finish all the collections nor do I care to, thanks to the fact that my boy Miggy is the prize card I've always wanted, so I don't care about getting that Tigers Triple Crown one, and my 3B position is all filled.

I've got the stubs to just buy whoever I please. And I don't have to lock them in, if I don't like them I can dispose of them and move onto the new sexy stuff. Goodbye pack life!!!!

Pat Neshek's slow changeup is kind of cute until people are prepared to sit on it and then start smashing it if you throw it

His slider is ok but kind of hard to control. People pull it easily if it's in the zone

His sinker is ok if you mix the location but people send that shit down the middle easily

Pat Neshek card grade : B-

I believe Kimbrel will eventually be a program card or something? I think there was a 99 version in the streams.

He has been so dominant this year because he developed a cutter and his control has been amazing. I think those should be represented in the Live Series.

sh1fty

Finally finished the Oswalt program and the conquest mission for 2B's with Hardware players. Hanley Ramirez from the Marlins Epic got all 10 for me pretty quickly, he's pretty good for an 88.

All I have left is 7 HR's with All-Stars and I'll be able to get Holliday/Reggie.

I finished the Cardinals collection this morning, so it's up 84 Carlos Beltran to hit them for me lol. He got one in his first game so that's promising.

Finally finished the Oswalt program and the conquest mission for 2B's with Hardware players. Hanley Ramirez from the Marlins Epic got all 10 for me pretty quickly, he's pretty good for an 88.

All I have left is 7 HR's with All-Stars and I'll be able to get Holliday/Reggie.

I finished the Cardinals collection this morning, so it's up 84 Carlos Beltran to hit them for me lol. He got one in his first game so that's promising.

I really really like that Cepeda card. He is a hitting machine and has decent speed, unlike most first basemen who remind me how slow it would take me to run around the basepaths lol.

Saganator

Ugh, how are you guys doing all these missions and programs? I'm feeling a little disheartened right now, I should've researched what all was needed to be done to complete the Team Epics. I'm trying to do the Giants epic, I got to the part where you need to collect all the Giants cards. What the fuck?! Bum is selling for 90k and a bunch of others for over 10k! Ridiculous that they even have a mission to complete all the team epics, it would take a shit ton of money or luck to have a shot at completing that. It's really annoying how many of the programs and missions require a super rare/expensive card.

Rommel

Ugh, how are you guys doing all these missions and programs? I'm feeling a little disheartened right now, I should've researched what all was needed to be done to complete the Team Epics. I'm trying to do the Giants epic, I got to the part where you need to collect all the Giants cards. What the fuck?! Bum is selling for 90k and a bunch of others for over 10k! Ridiculous that they even have a mission to complete all the team epics, it would take a shit ton of money or luck to have a shot at completing that. It's really annoying how many of the programs and missions require a super rare/expensive card.

You can get 400k stubs from completing the Career missions. They can be a bit of a grind but pretty easy if you finish Conquest and get those players first and then do all the Team Epics until the final collect all.

sh1fty

Each Team Epic will require you to complete the respective team's collection. The only ones I've bothered to even think of completing are Twins, A's, Phillies, Brewers, Pirates, Cardinals, Marlins and Padres. None of those require diamond players to complete.

I'm also planning to do the Braves & Rockies since I was able to land Freeman and Arenado on my team.

Shit part about the Team Epics is that at the end you have to exchange a bunch of the players you just spent all the stubs on to get there. Garbage.

I'm at 23, been busy

Going to do events non stop the next two days lol

Damn, so I'm closer to completing some of these programs than I thought

I still need walks and 80 fielding assists for Hanley. Not so worried about that.

But I have to get 7 strikeouts in ranked with a rookie pitcher...how the hell can I pull that off? Nobody strikes out that much in ranked to even my top pitchers lol

I'm at 41% in dynasty program. If I finish grinding ranked and those two programs, Cal is mine...

Wife gives me the ok to start a ranked game. We have an agreement that if something happens, I quit the game and help out. So they lay down but then she gets an important call from our Dr about the baby, This also wakes up the baby who starts crying. So I pause, pick up the baby, start rocking him back and fourth and pick up the controller and play while rocking him. I'm pitching and it's a bit hard and I give up 5 runs before my wife is off the phone. I'm not disappointed, I just tell myself I have to go score 5 runs of my own. Very next at bats I score 5 and then score 3 more runs over the next inning and he concedes.

http://theshownation.com/games/45303833

Wife gives me the ok to start a ranked game. We have an agreement that if something happens, I quit the game and help out. So they lay down but then she gets an important call from our Dr about the baby, This also wakes up the baby who starts crying. So I pause, pick up the baby, start rocking him back and fourth and pick up the controller and play while rocking him. I'm pitching and it's a bit hard and I give up 5 runs before my wife is off the phone. I'm not disappointed, I just tell myself I have to go score 5 runs of my own. Very next at bats I score 5 and then score 3 more runs over the next inning and he concedes.

http://theshownation.com/games/45303833

lol. The things that happen when we're so focused.

I need 16 more wins to events, fuck me. Currently 2-0. I'm just going to think of it as two separate "Go for Russell Martin" sessions. Hate this 6 innings trash!
I hope I get more conceding opponents lol

What a beautiful afternoon so far. Got my first to concede after my first run in the first inning, then blasted a 2 run homer in the 2nd. Ain't no one got time to wait!

lol. The things that happen when we're so focused.

I need 16 more wins to events, fuck me. Currently 2-0. I'm just going to think of it as two separate "Go for Russell Martin" sessions. Hate this 6 innings trash!
I hope I get more conceding opponents lol

What a beautiful afternoon so far. Got my first to concede after my first run in the first inning, then blasted a 2 run homer in the 2nd. Ain't no one got time to wait!

Yeah. I do not like the 6 inning event games. The best event has been the 3 inning Advantage Hitter event. So I'm Ranked I'm at 754 I think. That's even starting 1-5. Lost 4 1-run games to start the season. It was brutal. Think all that stream and video watching at the hospital helped my game.

We still have 3 weeks left for this season right? You'll definitely get back to WS. It's just a matter of when

Last 2 game summary:
Andrew.
Fucking.
McCutchen.

First game I was down 2, and he hit a 3 run bomb in the 5th to put me up ahead by 1.
This game, he hit a 3 run bomb to tie the game, down 3 headed into the 6th. Got all his pitchers so shook, scored the next run without getting an out.

Robbie Ross's bitch ass is the reason I have to keep coming back
3 games in a row I have to come back from 3 runs down -_-

I still have 11 to go, after losing 2 one-run games in a row.

This is the worst. I don't want to play these anymore. But I might as well, I'm close...

Also I'm kind of surprised Cano goes for the price he does, knowing tons of people get his card for free anyways

lol this is the worst. I'm looking at the clock like damn I haven't played that much, this much time has passed!?!?!

At this point I'm just cruising along which probably isn't a good idea. Not good to wait till the 5th inning to try!

LOL just played the same guy twice today, both times he quit first inning.

Damn, I should have pushed events harder. I just realized I'm almost done with Hanley program naturally (Having Hanley/Escobar in events) and if I get 100 wins I'll get Cal.

Need 11 wins by the deadline lol

Yeah so I'm pretty sure I can't get 10 wins in 4 hours and I ain't gonna win 12 in a row for Martin. I'll have to settle for the Cano!

Trying to get 5 wins in the next 1:45

need lots of conceders lol

I got there. I'm at 6-0. What a shame it ends in half an hour! I could have gotten Russ.

Rommel

New BR draft and after getting Matthews and PS Bautista I got Hardware Palmer as a gold option. Decided to give it a shot because what the hell, I need 7 more hardware shutouts and if I can knock one or two out on this run then all the better.

First game I luck out and draft Palmer. Dude throws a perfect game lol.

6 more CGSO... (and of course a bunch of other stuff)

Ahhhhh yes

Finally finished a lot of nagging career missions, finished conquest again (all I got was Rizzo in ten pack), and now I'm sitting pretty with the stubs. Currently have about 175k and I still have my Cano/Gwynn. So I can pretty much rent out the rest of my team!

I figured to wait till tomorrow and see what's up with the all star program. That Cano is incredible against righties but worthless against lefties, and I was fine with my IV Kinsler. Hopefully this new program helps those card's values shoot up...

I think I may have asked this, but when it comes to a CAP at SP all you see is the per 9 stats. How about how they do with each individual pitch? That stat appears to be hidden.
My offense is so damn good that I don't *really* need my CAP....

Top Bottom