• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLG Winter Features MK9, KOF13, and SCV

XenoRaven

I wonder how much pressure this will put on Capcom to start having their games included in MLG events. Always happy to see more exposure for KoFXIII regardless. Hope it's a big hit.

Deadman

All the tournaments claim they talk to each other about scheduling yet the clashes are becoming more frequent.

MLG and Assembly

Pax and IPL4

MLG and Dreamhack

MLG and NCR

Im hoping its just entirely down to being forced in to certain dates based on venues being available, rather than doing this on purpose.

KOF13 is pretty hype, so I'm happy to see it get some love.

I'm also glad that Capcom sided with IPL instead of MLG, MLG format is really dumb and they are pretty stubborn.

AAK

KOF is such a fantastic game... too bad I suck at it. It's truly a joy to play regardless. Hope more people pick it up.

smurfx

get some go again
combofiend has been playing kof13 a lot lately so he might show up now that there is a lot of money on the line.

All the tournaments claim they talk to each other about scheduling yet the clashes are becoming more frequent.

MLG and Assembly

Pax and IPL4

MLG and Dreamhack

MLG and NCR

Im hoping its just entirely down to being forced in to certain dates based on venues being available, rather than doing this on purpose.

Can't blame them. There are only so many weekends on the year that you can choose in order to get venues. It's really hard nowadays since there are so many Fighting Game Tournaments now.

CPS2

I'd love to see team spooky or 8wayrun involved. This is just great news, I mean it doesn't really interfere with the Capcom stuff, and we get to see if all our fears about the esports boogeyman are real or not. We found out last week that the fgc boogeyman is real >_>

@MUWANdo

Banned
The date for MLG's winter circuit has been set in stone pretty much since the last circuit ended in november :/

Doubt even they knew they'd be having more FG's again at that point.

People have been telling them not to do this for months, and MLG's response was "you're being paranoid, stop worrying". Yeah.

Mr Jared

Looking at this realistically in regards to NorCal Regionals, the only game this affects is King of Fighters. Mortal Kombat never had a scene in NorCal and SC5 tournaments have been pretty rare in general for the west coast. This is a great opportunity for the people who support non-Capcom fighters to take center stage. I'll be at MLG Columbus and I'm extremely interested to see how they run the fighting events.

Happy to see KoF with a big prize pool at MLG, plus showing up at Evo. KoF is an awesome series but hasn't seen the hype it deserves. Hope these make more people interested in the game.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Looking at this realistically in regards to NorCal Regionals, the only game this affects is King of Fighters. Mortal Kombat never had a scene in NorCal and SC5 tournaments have been pretty rare in general for the west coast. This is a great opportunity for the people who support non-Capcom fighters to take center stage. I'll be at MLG Columbus and I'm extremely interested to see how they run the fighting events.

You don't think there are people who don't regularly play these games that won't suddenly pick them up when faced with the possibility of a big payout?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
As Jared already noted it isn't much of a conflict . MK is dead in the area . SC and KOF aren't much better off.

It's more of an issue from a viewership perspective, IMO. A lot of potential viewers will be caught up with Capcom games during that time, and they will prioritize even though they have interest.

I swear MLG and co. do this shit on purpose.

Deadman

SirScoots (one of the evil genius bosses) just announced that Justin wong is going to the MLG event to play mortal kombat 9.

Top Bottom