• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA General |OT| We just wanna bang GAF

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Dana just confirmed it at the dwcs post fight press conference Charles is out due to eyebrow cut that was stitched the wrong way I guess and Volk is now in

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Blown that we’re not getting the Charles rematch, but that Volk Islam fight was pretty close imo Volk does deserve a rematch but he’s not going to get a full camp he’s on ten days notice. Maybe it won’t hurt him too much since he already had a full training camp for Islam and a fight with him I guess maybe this replacement main event will be fine

EDMIX

Dana just confirmed it at the dwcs post fight press conference Charles is out due to eyebrow cut that was stitched the wrong way I guess and Volk is now in

Damn that sucks.

I was fucking hype for that rematch too. (I still had it going to Islam lol)

BUT

This rematch is just as hype.

If a finish happens, Volk needs to put him away early, if not, Islam by sub, Islam by KO, Islam by UD. The dude us fucking durable, but shit the both are.

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Damn that sucks.

I was fucking hype for that rematch too. (I still had it going to Islam lol)

BUT

This rematch is just as hype.

If a finish happens, Volk needs to put him away early, if not, Islam by sub, Islam by KO, Islam by UD. The dude us fucking durable, but shit the both are.

Volk had surgery in July but in the article he said after recovery he was going to train and be ready for the Islam oliveira fight I guess in case one of them pulled out lol maybe he’s been training and preparing himself to fight one of them these past weeks kind of makes sense since his team were quick to say yes for the fight when they were called

EDMIX

Volk had surgery in July but in the article he said after recovery he was going to train and be ready for the Islam oliveira fight I guess in case one of them pulled out lol maybe he’s been training and preparing himself to fight one of them these past weeks kind of makes sense since his team were quick to say yes for the fight when they were called

Truth.

I think Volk can pull off the upset, but I think it must be in those opening rounds.

Because of how good both are, I wouldn't be surprised if it goes all rounds again.

Islam by UD

MaestroMike

Gold Member
What's the news today?

2 Brazilians pulled out of a PPV? well that's not news they always pullout

Lot of mixed messaging being distributed I think they're searching for a replacement in case Paulo really can't fight Paulo pulls this BS sometimes always trolling

SpiceRacz

Supposedly Usman is in against Khamzat.

Happy Chris Pratt GIF by Parks and Recreation

EDMIX

Supposedly Usman is in against Khamzat.

Happy Chris Pratt GIF by Parks and Recreation

Whats crazy, is this card when from fire and hype, to WTF its trash, to ok its hype again lol

Ok so Dana White confirmed 2 hours ago that indeed....Usman will face Khamzat!!!

DeepSpace5D

Crazy news about these last minute replacements. Also read that Costa is out due to staph in his elbow, and Kamaru Usman is stepping up on short notice vs Chimaev.

Edit: you guys said it above ^

Also UFC is parting ways with USADA, pretty wild stuff.

Last edited:

Carton

Dana looks like he’s aged a lot in this video. Starting to look like Mike from Breaking Bad.

There is suggestion that Bones will fight Stipe at a later date after recovering from his injury. That seems completely uninteresting to me: Stipe will be 42 and 3.5 years inactive by that time. Bones should fight the interim champ, not chase a ‘heavyweight goat’ well past his prime.

GymWolf

Dana looks like he’s aged a lot in this video. Starting to look like Mike from Breaking Bad.

There is suggestion that Bones will fight Stipe at a later date after recovering from his injury. That seems completely uninteresting to me: Stipe will be 42 and 3.5 years inactive by that time. Bones should fight the interim champ, not chase a ‘heavyweight goat’ well past his prime.
This is so good, the wife beater wanted the easy fight against geriatric stipe but now he has to fight one of those 2 monsters :LOL:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
I feel like ngannou is gonna try to take fury’s head off in the beginning rounds if he can’t it’ll probably be a long night for him lol maybe we will get a surprise

Little Mac

Gold Member
Enjoy the fight guys. I can't justify paying $90 bucks for this. Listening to Michael Bisping do live commentary on YouTube in the background.

Either Francis knocks his block off in round 1, or Tyson bullies the shit out of Ngannou to the point it's morally reprehensible.

Awkward Pete Davidson GIF by Saturday Night Live

Last edited:

MaestroMike

Gold Member
Enjoy the fight guys. I can't justify paying $90 bucks for this. Listening to Michael Bisping do live commentary on YouTube in the background.

Either Francis knocks his block off in round 1, or Tyson bullies the shit out of Ngannou to the point it's morally reprehensible.

Awkward Pete Davidson GIF by Saturday Night Live

I’m just looking at updates on twitter the ppv price is too much

Top Bottom