• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Modder Builds Extremely Small GameCube Console

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Modding enthusiast CrazyGadget has created the GC Nano, a fully functional GameCube replica capable of playing all the greatest GameCube games ever made while being 90% smaller than an actual GameCube. The system is so small that it can fit in the palm of an average person’s hand, and as the YouTube video shows, this GameCube reproduction can even fit on top of a Game Boy cartridge.

The games themselves are run on software designed for portable consoles called RVLoader, so actual GameCube disks can not be used with this small system. When it comes to controllers, on the other hand, the GC Nano has four built-in headphone jacks in the front of the console, enabling up to four gamers to use special adapters to play with actual GameCube gamepads, one of the best Nintendo controllers ever made. The heart of the GC Nano is actually a Nintendo Wii board, which is backwards compatible with GameCube games and is small enough to fit inside such a small shell. Because of this, the GC Nano may technically be considered the smallest Nintendo Wii as well.

BlackTron

Using the headphone jacks to maintain the original look was a clever idea.
Was gonna say this, when I first saw it I assumed the ports were not functional at all. My next question was how do you save, but seems the memory card ports work as well. Just obviously not with original cards...I guess he put a SD card in a custom shell or something. Guess this is where custom PCB comes into play so the real Wii board can interact with all the other shrunken down stuff.

ZoukGalaxy

Orange...

tired grumpy cat GIF

And where is the mini optical drive with extra tiny disc ?

Last edited:
Top Bottom