• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monitors Unboxed - 30 New OLED Monitors in 2024: 4K 240Hz, 1440p 360Hz, 1440p 480Hz, Ultrawide 240Hz & More

Quixz

..Which appears to have disappointing brightness and color performance compared to the QD-OLEDs.

Puzzling AF. It was supposed to be much brighter than the QD-OLEDs, but in real world HDR real scene brightness, not even close, it's the opposite.

Guess I'll wait for next year's models

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
HeisenbergFX4 HeisenbergFX4 I've not been keeping up with this thread on new announcements and such: Is there an OLED ultrawide, 34" or more, that is greater than 1440p, greater than/= 120hz, and that has HDR?

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
..Which appears to have disappointing brightness and color performance compared to the QD-OLEDs.

Puzzling AF. It was supposed to be much brighter than the QD-OLEDs, but in real world HDR real scene brightness, not even close, it's the opposite.

Looks like I'm good with my Alienware ultrawide qd oled for a while yet.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
The Samsung Odyssey CRG9 but it’s a whopping 49" with a resolution of 5120x1440 which makes its pixel density lower than a 34" 3440x1440 ultrawide.

Nothing anytime soon plus would take a ton of horsepower to run it

Thanks all, I think what I'll do is get an OLED 34"-ish ultrawide and just accept that 1440p is what it's gonna be, and then upgrade again in a couple years.

Currently, I have a 7800X3D+4090 pushing against an Acer Predator x34 that I bought way back when it first launched. I love it, it's been a killer monitor, but it doesn't have HDR and has a little light bleed in the bottom corners (nothing bad, but I'm picky) so I'm wanting something with a better picture quality.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Thanks all, I think what I'll do is get an OLED 34"-ish ultrawide and just accept that 1440p is what it's gonna be, and then upgrade again in a couple years.

Currently, I have a 7800X3D+4090 pushing against an Acer Predator x34 that I bought way back when it first launched. I love it, it's been a killer monitor, but it doesn't have HDR and has a little light bleed in the bottom corners (nothing bad, but I'm picky) so I'm wanting something with a better picture quality.
Had the same X34 before my current AW3423DWF. Ended up getting the Alienware because the DP port of my Acer just stopped working. I was thus stuck at 3440x1440 and 60Hz with HDMI 1.4.

The Alienware is definitely a nice upgrade over it. 120Hz to 165Hz, SDR to HDR, but the biggest upgrade is the switch from a VA panel to an OLED. The motion clarity OLED provides at high frame rates is severely undersold.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Had the same X34 before my current AW3423DWF. Ended up getting the Alienware because the DP port of my Acer just stopped working. I was thus stuck at 3440x1440 and 60Hz with HDMI 1.4.

The Alienware is definitely a nice upgrade over it. 120Hz to 165Hz, SDR to HDR, but the biggest upgrade is the switch from a VA panel to an OLED. The motion clarity OLED provides at high frame rates is severely undersold.

Awesome, I was just watching a review for that one, think I'll snag it. Thanks!

RubberedDucky

Neo Member
How long until LG builds a 42" 240Hz panel and puts in in their TVs? I daily drive a 42" C2 for both work and gaming and can't go back to smaller monitor. I love this thing! But if it was a little brighter, higher refresh, and simply worked better as an actual monitor it would be perfect. Maybe a slight curve, too, but that's asking for way too niche of a product.

xVodevil

So earlier this week I got the MSI 32" 4k 240Hz MPG 321URX delivered and set up. First ever OLED big screen, 4K and 240Hz experience coming from IPS 27" 1440p 144Hz
It's quite awesome to see the room go full dark when game or movie does, not to mention HDR is pretty wild too!
Also genuinely surprised how well my 4070Ti manages to handle 4K with decent framerates. Even got the 100$ Steam gift MSI promotion. Can say I am pretty happy with it!

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
So earlier this week I got the MSI 32" 4k 240Hz MPG 321URX delivered and set up. First ever OLED big screen, 4K and 240Hz experience coming from IPS 27" 1440p 144Hz
It's quite awesome to see the room go full dark when game or movie does, not to mention HDR is pretty wild too!
Also genuinely surprised how well my 4070Ti manages to handle 4K with decent framerates. Even got the 100$ Steam gift MSI promotion. Can say I am pretty happy with it!
Its not out until May in the UK ffs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom