• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastos

Stygian Zinogre is so fucking annoying, there is no window to hit him without being hit too when he's enraged, I can hit his face with my GS but there is no way to roll away and sheathe without getting my ass shocked or my face tail-spinned.

When I thought it couldn't get worse, BOOM! SEREGIOS IN DA HOUSE!

God damn it

R0ckman

Stygian Zinogre is so fucking annoying, there is no window to hit him without being hit too when he's enraged, I can hit his face with my GS but there is no way to roll away and sheathe without getting my ass shocked or my face tail-spinned.

When I thought it couldn't get worse, BOOM! SEREGIOS IN DA HOUSE!

God damn it

When in rage and charged he does a 3 move combo that leaves him open at the end, when he does the combo that has him do the back slam into the ground he will finish it with a body spin jump and after that he's open for a bit.

I farmed him for a long time so I know most of his patterns.

Bastos

When in rage and charged he does a 3 move combo that leaves him open at the end, when he does the combo that has him do the back slam into the ground he will finish it with a body spin jump and after that he's open for a bit.

I farmed him for a long time so I know most of his patterns.
Thank you! Just noticed this window now, just have to figure out the direction he faces after spinning so I can hit and run without being hit.

upandaway

So I just did Congalala. It was 20 minutes of the most annoying fight I've had probably.

I made a mistake of going in there with a somewhat underpowered weapon and it wasn't fun. I don't like this guy at all. Might be my least favorite monster, nuts to that guy. Jerk.

Farting on me and stuff

Best weapon for monsters that enrage often and are constantly moving (on the ground) is the SNS with Evade Distance Up and Evade+whatever.

They can't get away from me anymore.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I need some evade distance on my gunner for some of these monsters. They center in on you like monsters always did, but they are too wide for a dodge to get you in the clear anymore. Been scraped by the elbow of many lately and packing up the gun early to get proper running capability just sucks up so much damage-dealing time.

KimChi

Hi guys, been playing mostly offline and some online here and there with randoms up to HR4. Had the worse luck with pubs yesterday trying to do key quests and 4/5 rooms were people that definitely got carried, in mission they triple carted and rage quit/left room and in one instance all 3 got carted at the same time lol. Might just join rooms made by you guys instead.

Do you guys know if its better damage wise to spam spinning slash when a monster is knocked down or instead use demon dance(X+A) in demon mode? Been having so much fun with dual blades just because of that move.

ilium

Hi guys, been playing mostly offline and some online here and there with randoms up to HR4. Had the worse luck with pubs yesterday trying to do key quests and 4/5 rooms were people that definitely got carried, in mission they triple carted and rage quit/left room and in one instance all 3 got carted at the same time lol. Might just join rooms made by you guys instead.

Do you guys know if its better damage wise to spam spinning slash when a monster is knocked down or instead use demon dance(X+A) in demon mode? Been having so much fun with dual blades just because of that move.

you're playing with randoms?

gag-jim-carrey-liar-liar.gif

NeoGAF is love.

obviously not all randoms are terrible, but come on!

R0ckman

I had heard during a let's play that monsters did not have the ability to do their "evade then attack maneuver" until 4. Is this true?

That Berserk Tetsucabra is kicking my ass, his exploding rocks do so much damage even through my lance shield.

EDIT: Got him, took over 40 minutes though. Had to just run circles around him every time he enraged.

I can't wait for some longer fights. Some of the earlier stuff isn't taking as long as I feel like monsters did in MH3U.

Sorry if this type of question has been asked a million times but I've narrowed down the type of weapon I want to use to a few and I was hoping for some advice on what to pick:

After trying them all I really like Great Sword, Charge Blade, and to a lesser extent to either of the first two the Switch Axe.

Just wondering if any of those will make it hard to get into the game for a new guy or something. I've watched Gaijin Hunter's weapon videos too. All I've played in the past is 12-15 hours of Monster Hunter 3 ultimate, pretty much all with the Long Sword.

Bastos

Sorry if this type of question has been asked a million times but I've narrowed down the type of weapon I want to use to a few and I was hoping for some advice on what to pick:

After trying them all I really like Great Sword, Charge Blade, and to a lesser extent to either of the first two the Switch Axe.

Just wondering if any of those will make it hard to get into the game for a new guy or something. I've watched Gaijin Hunter's weapon videos too. All I've played in the past is 12-15 hours of Monster Hunter 3 ultimate, pretty much all with the Long Sword.
CB isn't so friendly but GS is a easy weapon to use but hard to master. Stick to it, it's strong and fun to use :)

Unicorn

Switch axe is easy for newbies. GS is good for when you want to take advantage of knowing monsters. CB has more moving parts in terms of getting good momentum for high damage (phials, charging, guard points, etc).

jorgejjvr

So you guys ever thought of maybe having a type of Hunter guild, like 4 players that play together, the same 4 people improving their teamwork. Maybe 4 that are available at around the same times, and around the same rank, For example, I'm in G3 and use an IG, and I can usually only play at nights EST

Anyone have an Oroshi Kirin guild quest they would be willing to share? Pretty sure that is the last GQ exclusive monster I need. Farming Yian Garuga/B Gravios takes a while, and it seems hunting anything else seems to drop the odds of getting a GQ from their lists.

Fandangox

Great Sword is pretty straight forward, slow and powerful weapon that does LOTS of damage, mostly focused on Raw damaged as opposed to elemental. Requires knowing the monster well so one can start charging up the attacks before the monster stays still.

Charge Blade is more complex, very rewarding, the weapon encourages switching between both sword and axe mode to load and unload the damage respectively. There are 5 phial icons on the top left corner. In Sword mode one hits the monster until the phials start to grow orange, then continue further so they glow red.

So for example, when they are glowing press R+A to "load" the phials (Orange will load 3, red will load all 5) After that you can switch to axe mode to either unleash elementa or impact damage, you can alternatively though, keep in sword mode and make the fully loaded phials glow to red, switch to axe do X+A attack, and in the middle of the animation, hit shield (R) to completely load the fully loaded phials, which then can be unleashed for a HUGE damaging attack. This doesn't even cover the guard points.

Both weapons are fun.

I use gunlance though 10/10 would full burst again

KimChi

you're playing with randoms?

lol, I won't rule em out completely but its so weird :/ HR1-3 all the randoms I played with knew simple stuff like not attacking if someone is mounting, HR4 yesterday it was like I'm playing with people who just started.

I opened up a room for HR4 keys if anyone wants to help do those, or if anyone needs help with HR1-3 we can do those too.
ID:18-2322-1016-1141
PW:6532

Scher

Just got a talisman with +5 evasion and +4 evade distance! It may not have any sockets, but that's a really nice charm to build around.

Shurayuki

Anyone have an Oroshi Kirin guild quest they would be willing to share? Pretty sure that is the last GQ exclusive monster I need. Farming Yian Garuga/B Gravios takes a while, and it seems hunting anything else seems to drop the odds of getting a GQ from their lists.

Just making sure, are you HR 100 and have you cleared the Dalamadur that you get there?

Let's say the situation occurred that ppl tried to drop the GQ without fulfilling the requirements in 4G so yeah.

Kinsei

Banned
Has there been any word on what time tomorrow the DLC will be available? I plan on using the Star Rook armor as a starter G rank set and would like to craft it ASAP.

Juraash

Awesome, hitting HR7 last night opened up advanced caravan quests for Teostra, Akantor, Kushala Daora and Rajang. Be a good bit of extra practice before attempting the keys in the gathering hall. It's been a long, long time since I fought 3/4 ofthem. Love that they put so much story content into this game.

ohlawd

this damn game

what am I supposed to do with a 14 Stun/3 Dead Eye talisman. I always get excited when I see a purple charm pop up.

I'm keeping it anyway >_>

Fandangox

Didn't even know the DLC was coming tomorrow, but if there's no word on it probably anywhere after noon would be my guess.

Awesome, hitting HR7 last night opened up advanced caravan quests for Teostra, Akantor, Kushala Daora and Rajang. Be a good bit of extra practice before attempting the keys in the gathering hall. It's been a long, long time since I fought 3/4 ofthem. Love that they put so much story content into this game.

All of those except for the Rajang are the Keys.

ilium

seriously people, pet that poogie!
was doing G1 urgent for out_of_ammo and i really needed that dissenter. i pet the poogie... first shiny is a dissenter drop. ever since i've been getting rubies and whatnot all the time. also a 2 slot fast charge +6 charm. :eek:

pet that poogie.

lol, I won't rule em out completely but its so weird :/ HR1-3 all the randoms I played with knew simple stuff like not attacking if someone is mounting, HR4 yesterday it was like I'm playing with people who just started.

yea, of course i play with randoms sometimes, and some of them were really amazing, no doubt. but the majority...ugh.
and since you're on GAF you should take advantage of that. amazing people all around!

Kinsei

Banned
seriously people, pet that poogie!
was doing G1 urgent for out_of_ammo and i really needed that dissenter. i pet the poogie... first shiny is a dissenter drop. ever since i've been getting rubies and whatnot all the time. also a 2 slot fast charge +6 charm. :eek:

pet that poogie.

Can we please let that idiotic myth die? Poogie only serves as a tutorial for cooking raw meat.

Juraash

Didn't even know the DLC was coming tomorrow, but if there's no word on it probably anywhere after noon would be my guess.

All of those except for the Rajang are the Keys.

Exactly, but since they're caravan and not guild hall they are a slightly safer arena on which to relearn them. I can then apply that experience to my key quests when I make my g-rank push this weekend.

Is anyone up for doing some of the Guild Canteen quests? I'd really like to upgrade my Drink from 0 stars haha. We can also do some other stuff, but I'm only HR5 right now.

42 6963 4388 1884
pass 1991

Just making sure, are you HR 100 and have you cleared the Dalamadur that you get there?

Let's say the situation occurred that ppl tried to drop the GQ without fulfilling the requirements in 4G so yeah.

Well I'm definitely not HR 100, though Dalamadur is dead. Just to be sure, will it just not drop until HR 100 or can it not be traded until then? That could save me some time on expeditions for a while.

ChrisD

Why does Brute Tigrex hurt like a baby kitten tickling you? I don't get it, normal Tigrex is more difficult.

Stygian Zinogre, on the other hand... Even ignoring some of the poor hit boxes on his tail, he's still a much more aggressive fight. He doesn't even charge all that much, replacing the still howl with a walking flow of energy. Certainly fits the whole image of Zinogre better than vanilla.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom