• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate |OT| I Mounted It!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone wants to join, I'm gonna be hosting a room for my HR7 friend, pretty much getting him to G rank and whatever he wants to do after that. I'll edit this message with the guild hall ID.

Okay there were some posts so I'll just post it here.

62-4446-0916-3855

Rushing a friend through his last HR7 keys, the urgents, and then onward to G rank.

Help/company is always appreciated.

Edit: My bad, my friend is HR6. So HR6 and onward

Hale-XF11

As a bow-only player, I'm not sure how to deal with Dalamadur. One or two hits is all it takes to get carted and that's with my best equipment set.

tragic

Developer
Looking for specific Guild Quests:

Velo/Rajang: Lance/Gunlance bias (100+)
Velo/Rajang: SA/CB/IG bias (100+)
Velo/Rajang: Hammer bias (100+)

Have to trade:

Velo/Rajang: GS/LS bias (115ish) (awesome quest!)
Kirin, etc: SA/CB/IG bias (105)
Kirin: Bow/BG bias (116)
Kushala: GS/LS bias (120)
Rajang: SA/CB/IG bias (116)
Rajang: SA/CB/IG bias (120)
Teostra: SA/CB/IG (118)
Dual Jho: GS/LS bias (119)
Jho: SA/CB/IG bias (120)
Jho: GS/LS bias (120)
Chameleos: SA/CB/IG bias (118)
Oroshi Kirin: S&S/DB bias (104)

And some lower level stuff like: Ruby Basarios, Kirin, Gore, Shagaru, etc..

Basically, I want every weapon bias of Velo/Rajang, but primarily going for an OP Wide 5 GL with a long "anything but red" sharpness bar and 3 slots, lol. And, of course, a great SAXE.

PKrockin

Does the CPP struggle with diagonal movement btw, or is that just a MH thing?
It's more of a Capcom thing. They also seem to think it would be too much work to program analog control in their games so they restrict input on analog sticks to eight directions and neutral as if it's a d-pad.

upandaway

i0FYhiR.jpg

dead

is it just me or are the armors this time a lot goofier than usual?

Anura

Just beat the final offline quest! Apex Sergios, Blos and Jho. The Jho will spawn in as soon as one of their corpses disappears. It was something....

tuffy

is it just me or are the armors this time a lot goofier than usual?
That's the impression I got when paging through the G rank Zinogre sets.

I'm normally pretty lax about my hunter's appearance so long as the skills are good, but I wouldn't be caught carted in those silly hats.

jorgejjvr

I need some advice. I'm a charge blade user.

My armor currently has:

HG earplugs
Windproof Hi
Status +2
Divine protection
Status Crit
Tremor Res

Should I take advantage of the status by using the only paralysis charge blade (900 attack, 220 status) since I find paralysis to be the only useful ailment, or should I just keep using elements and make use of the other 4 skills?

-Alternis

PrankT

I need some advice. I'm a charge blade user.

My armor currently has:

HG earplugs
Windproof Hi
Status +2
Divine protection
Status Crit
Tremor Res

Should I take advantage of the status by using the only paralysis charge blade (900 attack, 220 status) since I find paralysis to be the only useful ailment, or should I just keep using elements and make use of the other 4 skills?

-Alternis

What armor and charm? Looks like something I need.

I joined your room but apparently you had just departed when I got there. I'll go ahead and stick around, though, just in case there are any issues with your urgent.

Thanks for all your help in that fight! I totally forgot to restock after my failed hunt so it got a little tense at the end there.

jorgejjvr

What armor and charm? Looks like something I need.

Full chameleos G set.

Charm has Hearing +6 (minimum of +3 to activate HG) and carving +7 with three slots.

I then simply used 5 slots to gem in Asylum jewels for the protection (by the way, a defensively honed weapon, divine blessing, and Defender Hi is so powerful), 5 slots to gem in the tectonic jewels for Tremor res, and One slot to gem in the Heat res jewel to remove heat surge. There should be two slots left over.

-Alternis

oakenhild

What do folks do for armor when you main a ranged and a melee weapon?

Seems like it would be tough to maintain both a blademaster armor set, and a gunner set. Is the gunner set required if using a light bowgun?

Hale-XF11

Seems like it would be tough to maintain both a blademaster armor set, and a gunner set. Is the gunner set required if using a light bowgun?

I've been grinding for armor upgrades. It doesn't feel like enough though.

Mupod

No way around it, if you want both then you need two armor sets.

Now in my case specifically I mostly stuck to gunner this time around, and only played around with melee once in a while. I focused more heavily on my gunner sets and had a few for each rank. I didn't use blademaster stuff much so I just made Velociprey blademaster armor at each rank and called it a day. Easy to farm and good for general use of any weapon, but not particularly great at anything. Now that I'm G rank I'll do it the right way for each weapon I want - Narga X for hunting horn, Diablos for GS, etc. And move on to mixed sets later on.

LBG, bows, and HBG all use the same armor but focus on different armor skills. For heavy bowgun you always want evade extender and normal/pierce up, whereas bows use skills like loading and focus. It's a lot harder to be effective with a general-use set as a gunner, gunning in general requires a lot of pre-fight knowledge and planning compared to blademaster.

oakenhild

No way around it, if you want both then you need two armor sets.

Now in my case specifically I mostly stuck to gunner this time around, and only played around with melee once in a while. I focused more heavily on my gunner sets and had a few for each rank. I didn't use blademaster stuff much so I just made Velociprey blademaster armor at each rank and called it a day. Easy to farm and good for general use of any weapon, but not particularly great at anything. Now that I'm G rank I'll do it the right way for each weapon I want - Narga X for hunting horn, Diablos for GS, etc. And move on to mixed sets later on.

LBG, bows, and HBG all use the same armor but focus on different armor skills. For heavy bowgun you always want evade extender and normal/pierce up, whereas bows use skills like loading and focus. It's a lot harder to be effective with a general-use set as a gunner, gunning in general requires a lot of pre-fight knowledge and planning compared to blademaster.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll likely just stick with blademaster for a while, at least until I get a little deeper into HR. I did the LBG tutorial, and it seems like an LBG would be really useful against something like Basarios (which I'm currently grinding up in a GQ) due to how slow he is.

VICI0US

any HBG mains around? I'm thinking of picking it up

what's the best normal S bowgun between rathian/najarala/tidal najarala?

what about pierce? I see everyone talk up gravios but holy cow that deviation and reload speed.. how are you supposed to use that thing? just wait until you have siege mode opening or what?

I guess I'm crazy, because that's my favorite part of this game - grinding for more weapons and armors.
For gunners, until G Rank, it's sort of easy - you really only have a couple choices. Rath Soul is pretty much the best you can do up until G Rank.
I spend a bulk of my time figuring out Melee, since it's so diverse. I've made about 5 or 6 armor sets for Melee, while only making 2 for ranged since I started this game.

When it comes to Armor Spheres, I find the armors I'm using the most and spend them all on those. Grind them up until I run out!

Thanks for the info. I think I'll likely just stick with blademaster for a while, at least until I get a little deeper into HR. I did the LBG tutorial, and it seems like an LBG would be really useful against something like Basarios (which I'm currently grinding up in a GQ) due to how slow he is.

Words don't describe how easy he and Gravios are with a Light Bowgun. Get one that rapid fire's Water S (the Royal line), and you'll just melt them away. It's never taken me more than 10 minutes to beat either of them. Don't forget - If you're ranged, you don't have to worry about attacks bouncing off.
Unless it's an Apex monster.

oakenhild

Is there any way to break Basarios back other than mounting him? My guild quest only has one point where I can jump from (without using a wep that can do it, I use hammer) and he never goes to that area.

I've searched quite a bit for this, but haven't had any luck.

tuffy

The Najaralas win out over Rathian's since they reload faster and have a more consistent upgrade path. It seems like the regular and tidal are more or less equivalent once the affinity is factored in.
what about pierce? I see everyone talk up gravios but holy cow that deviation and reload speed.. how are you supposed to use that thing? just wait until you have siege mode opening or what?
Gravios is basically just for crouch-firing. Daora's is better for general-purpose pierce shot, though I've had to make due with Zinogre's for awhile (despite its lack of level 3 clips).

burgerdog

This is odd, I just completed Terrible Tyrant(molten tigrex) to unlock Bad Hair Day Brachyados and the quest isn't there. There must be another prereq that Kiranico isn't aware of.

oakenhild

I guess I'm crazy, because that's my favorite part of this game - grinding for more weapons and armors.
For gunners, until G Rank, it's sort of easy - you really only have a couple choices. Rath Soul is pretty much the best you can do up until G Rank.
I spend a bulk of my time figuring out Melee, since it's so diverse. I've made about 5 or 6 armor sets for Melee, while only making 2 for ranged since I started this game.

When it comes to Armor Spheres, I find the armors I'm using the most and spend them all on those. Grind them up until I run out!

Words don't describe how easy he and Gravios are with a Light Bowgun. Get one that rapid fire's Water S (the Royal line), and you'll just melt them away. It's never taken me more than 10 minutes to beat either of them. Don't forget - If you're ranged, you don't have to worry about attacks bouncing off.
Unless it's an Apex monster.

I can take him out with my hammer in around 10 minutes so far (GQ lvl 25), but could see myself running into health issues soon. I guess it's time to build up a quick gunner armor set.

tuffy

This is odd, I just completed Terrible Tyrant(molten tigrex) to unlock Bad Hair Day Brachyados and the quest isn't there. There must be another prereq that Kiranico isn't aware of.
Look around for the Afro Cat to talk to, since I think all those "Bad Hair Day" quests are in his line.

jorgejjvr

DAMN. I decided to give status weapons a shot to compliment my armor, so I polished up a switch axe with 1539 attack and 330 paralysis and I was able to kill a level 137 brachydios in less than 6 minutes with randoms. Paralysis is so powerful! I was able to stop him in his tracks four times. Wow! I guess I'll be a support guy from now on :D

-Alternis

I am hitting a point where i am now making stuff to fill out my pokedex of armors and weapons.

Will i ever actually use that DRG LS and zinogre Z set? Who the fuck knows. But i own it now.

Anura

Are you G? If so the crimson fatty one is absolutely amazing and will work for both pierce and normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom